Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Holly Blue what is it?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 04:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Holly Blue what is it?

Okay, I'm new to diesel. What does the Holly Blue do for you. I have a 2001.5 quad, 2500, 5.9 turbo. I just put a new lift pump on it, and have heard a great deal about these Holly Blues? Can anybody feel me in?

Also, I heard that NAPA sells a low fuel pressure sensor that fits on the bottom of the fuel filter housing. Does anyone know the part number for it, as I called NAPA and they are still scratching their heads. I guess you have to ground this sensor as well.

What is the recommended fuel pressure at the filter?

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 03-14-2007, 04:08 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
holley blue is manufactered by holley, it is a common pump for folks to put in as a factory replacement. the benefit of them is they can be found at most auto part stores so if you have one in, and it fails somewhere on the road, you stand a good chance of locating 1 close by, after a few minutes to change it, you are back on your way.

and they are pretty inexpensive, some guys keep an extra with them JIC.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They are a high pressure, high volume fuel pump. They are also a gasoline pump. They are not rated for diesel. I have spoke to Holley about it and they knew they were going on diesel applications, they just were never tested for diesel. There is even one parts and accessory company that packages a Holley Blue for a diesel pump kit.

With that said, I have been running a Holley Blue for 2 years and 70,000 miles with no issues as a pusher pump. It comes with a regulator which will be needed if your using it as a pusher with the OEM pump. I have mine set to 15 PSI using both pumps at the CP3 It will not drop below 12 PSI. Those are pressures that a VP44 really requires in order to keep them trouble free.