Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

holley blue pump died after 7 months

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 08:14 PM
edy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
holley blue pump died after 7 months

anybody else had any prolems.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by edy
anybody else had any prolems.
Nope I got a real pump!
Old 01-19-2007, 09:45 PM
Registered

Still cheaper than a fass! just installed a fass 3 days ago on a buddies truck, and a holley blue on a different one today. Dad's running a blue, and so am i. Ive had to replace mine once, but other than that no problems
Old 01-19-2007, 09:56 PM
Banned

yeah, plenty of people... Holley pumps are the McDonald's of fuel pumps... carry a spare!
Old 01-19-2007, 10:45 PM
edy

i just got a new one today
Old 01-19-2007, 11:18 PM
Banned

3 years with no issues on mine.
Old 01-19-2007, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by Forrest Nearing
Holley pumps are the McDonald's of fuel pumps
Ummmmmmm NO, the OEM's are.
Old 01-19-2007, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by RickCJ
Nope I got a real pump!
So you got a mechanical pump, eh? How's that workin' out? I heard they work really well. And, BTW, yes I did read your sig so I know what you have.

You can pay your $$$$$$$$$$ for your pump and I'll pay $$ for mine. It'll be better than the OEM pump.

Now, back on topic. I haven't heard a lot of bad things about Holley's, but they can't be any worse than the Carter. I'm absolutely fed up with Carter and I'm going Holley for my next one ....... and the next one .......... and the next one. Don't know if it will be as bad as the Carter, I'll determine that IF it happens.
Old 01-19-2007, 11:39 PM

The Holley blues have to run 100% duty cycle, like the oem carter pump.

I just got the 392 Walbro pump, with a regulator. Its a proven pump. It will be working at fraction of its capacity. We'll see how it holds up.
Old 01-20-2007, 12:14 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by BOILERMAKER
Ummmmmmm NO, the OEM's are.
sorry, they're the McDonald's of aftermarket pums
Old 01-20-2007, 11:08 AM
Registered

I think that the walbro is running at capacity, but most of it's running back to the tank. as with any pump. ALL pumps (that are running right) would drain a tank in minutes, so none are pumping at capacity. I'm not dissing the walbro, I think it's a great pump, but say it's only running at 25% or so capacity? the only way you could do that is run like 4 volts to it JMO
Old 01-20-2007, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by BOILERMAKER
So you got a mechanical pump, eh? How's that workin' out? I heard they work really well. And, BTW, yes I did read your sig so I know what you have.

You can pay your $$$$$$$$$$ for your pump and I'll pay $$ for mine. It'll be better than the OEM pump.

Now, back on topic. I haven't heard a lot of bad things about Holley's, but they can't be any worse than the Carter. I'm absolutely fed up with Carter and I'm going Holley for my next one ....... and the next one .......... and the next one. Don't know if it will be as bad as the Carter, I'll determine that IF it happens.

That's right! you get what you pay for!! How many times are you going to play with that junk till you get fed up and get FASSed?
I guess for a do it your selfer, replacing the pump several times yourself would be cheaper but I can't have a customer coming back 2-3 times a yr. for a fuel pump, wouldn't look good for my shop. FASS it and forget it!
Old 01-20-2007, 11:23 AM

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by blackdiesel
I think that the walbro is running a capacity, but most of it's running back to the tank. as with any pump. ALL pump (that are running right) would drain a tank in minites, so none are pumping at capacity. I'm not dissing the walbro, I think it's a great pump, but say it's only running at 25% or so capacity? the only way you could do that is run like 4 volts to it JMO
True, it's pumping a large volume, but the pressure it's pumping at is a fraction of what it's able to. I think that it's running a pump at its maximum pressure continuously that kills it.
Old 01-20-2007, 11:57 AM
Registered

I wonder what the pressure would be if you had a gauge between the pump and the regulator?
Old 01-20-2007, 12:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree with Blackdiesel...I've also always figured that the walbro is just sending most of the fuel back to the tank...if there is a regulator...that implies that the pump is running at max and the regulator is trimming the volume down to the IP...otherwise you would not need a regulator. Any 12 volt pump running at 12 volts will be running at max.

Quick Reply: holley blue pump died after 7 months