Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Holley blue install w/ intank pump

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2006, 09:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dieseldodge
yea thats where it used to be, 21 and 15. just use another stock one?
yessir, just stick er on there. the holley will provide it with enough fuel so it wont be as prone to die
Old 08-27-2006, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by blackdiesel
yessir, just stick er on there. the holley will provide it with enough fuel so it wont be as prone to die
thank ya much bro.
Old 08-28-2006, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by blackdiesel
i took a hot wire and ran it to the fuse box and put it under a fuse that is only hot when the key is on and then took the ground wire and ran it under the bolt that holds it to the frame.

yes, i did

no, sorry

and go ahead, it puts the pressure where it should be
Thank You Sir!!!

I was asking about the wiring because I have heard of people say that they run into starting problems with the Holley running from the get go because it is a little too much pressure on start up. I was thinking of running it on a relay and a toggle switch and just manually switch it on after start up. But then I would prolly forget to turn the dumb thing off.

What part number of the Holley blue is everyone using and where have you found it for a good price?
Old 08-28-2006, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by GibletC
Thank You Sir!!!

I was asking about the wiring because I have heard of people say that they run into starting problems with the Holley running from the get go because it is a little too much pressure on start up. I was thinking of running it on a relay and a toggle switch and just manually switch it on after start up. But then I would prolly forget to turn the dumb thing off.

What part number of the Holley blue is everyone using and where have you found it for a good price?
i cant see where it would be to much pressure on start up because it shouldnt push any farther than the injection pump. mine runs all the time and havent had any starting problems yet. i have nine on a toggle switch but thats only because i can turn it off if i have to have the key on and engine off for some reason.
Old 08-28-2006, 03:19 PM

That is a good idea as well...

Where did you get yours from and what part number?...
Old 08-28-2006, 07:19 PM

I installed it without the regulator at first, but my psi was at 27 at idle, and I could only pull it doen to 24! I figured this was too much, so we added the regulator, and I set it to 13-14 at idle now. I hooked the holley up to a fuse that has power when the key is open. I haven't had any hard starts and the fuel pressure barely moves down with the smarty on 7. Just keep on eye on all of your fittings, make sure nothin leaks.

Now I'm startin to wonder if my clutch will stand up to the smarty and some mach 1.6's since my fuel problems are solved.
Old 08-28-2006, 07:20 PM

I got the pump and regulator from Checkers. Part number 12-802-1 I think. Was about 110 bucks.
Old 08-28-2006, 07:49 PM

i got my holley blue pump at autozone for about $100 and the part number 12-802-1. i got the one with the reg but didnt use it at first but put it on later when i was trying to regulate the pressure a little and the reg leaked all over the place so i just took it off. but i dont think you will need the reg.
Old 08-29-2006, 05:28 PM

Is there only one line under there to hook it into that is coming out of the fuel tank, or is there a return line under there as well?

How do I know what line to hook it into?

Thanks for all the help!!! As soon as I get my truck back I am going to do this. It is in the shop for a tranny leak right now, that is why I can't just look and figure the lines out by climbing under mine.
Old 08-29-2006, 08:38 PM

There are a few lines on the frame, the bottom line was the feed line for me, make sure you doublecheck on that before you start hackin.
Old 08-29-2006, 09:52 PM

What is the best way to check what line does what? Did you just follow them or is there a diagram out there?
Old 08-29-2006, 11:03 PM

In talking with FASS...feul can't be sucked through the in-tank pump. Pressure to the VP can of course be boosted, but a failure of the in-tank pump will mean a failure to deliver fuel.

I bought a FASS2, but before I installed it, the VP went out. Dealer put new VP and in tank pump. From what I read here, I'd rather rely on the FASS.

Thoughts?
Old 08-31-2006, 11:43 AM

What is the best way to check what line does what? Did you just follow them or is there a diagram out there?
on mine,(an 01) i think its the bottom line also and if you are under the bed of the truck looking at the sending unit, mines the nipple towards the back of the truck. you can follow the lines, thats what i did.
Old 08-31-2006, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Rattletrap1
In talking with FASS...feul can't be sucked through the in-tank pump. Pressure to the VP can of course be boosted, but a failure of the in-tank pump will mean a failure to deliver fuel.

I bought a FASS2, but before I installed it, the VP went out. Dealer put new VP and in tank pump. From what I read here, I'd rather rely on the FASS.

Thoughts?
im happy with my holley, but then again, i dont have an in tank pump.