Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

HELP! engine error, EZ, PSI boost

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 07:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP! engine error, EZ, PSI boost

See my signature for modifications. Over the past year I has seen my maximum boost be either 30 lbs or 34 lbs. The truck has noticably more power when it is 34. There is no in between and I don't know what caused the difference. I have been wondering if the Edge EZ connections might be the problem, so today I tried to check them. Somewhere in the procedure I noticed the RED wire in the Y harness was not in the connector. I don't know if it was intermittant and the cause of the problem or if I pulled it loose by accident. I called Edge and a tech support guy assured me it should be connected along with the other RED wire so I decided to solder it. After unplugging the Y harness I realized the truck was about 5 feet too far from my soldering iron, so I decide to see if the truck would run. I started fine and I pulled forward. After making the wire repair I went for a drive, hoping the boost would go to 34. To my dismay, the yellow engine light stays on and the boost only goes to 30. Did I set and error code when I started the truck and idled 2 seconds forward? If so, how do I clear it? Does it take a special electronic box or will it reset if I disconnect the batteries overnight?

Any ideas on why the boost varied? When I first installed the EZ I was impressed with the performance. Now I am not impressed and wonder if I am used to it or if it has failed.

Thanks, Steve
Old 09-19-2006, 09:20 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Did you unplug the connection to the MAP sensor? If so, and you started the truck without the MAP connected, it will set a code since it sees an open circuit on the MAP sensor.

The light and code will clear itself after a few start cycles.

As for max boost, it could be an issue with your wastegate. Possibly a kink in your wastegate controller hose that sometimes allows more air to pass so that the wastegate is opening sooner and cutting your boost back.