Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

H/O injectors

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2003, 04:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
H/O injectors

I think that I read that the injectors on the H/O are larger or different in some way to the S/O. Will going to 275's make a big difference in the H/O?
Old 10-22-2003, 05:07 AM

Received 263 Likes on 235 Posts
Re:H/O injectors

The HO has smaller injectors and uses higher pressure to inject the fuel- actually going to a bigger injector will have better results on an HO than on an SO- but you'll need a box or at least a boost fooler to gain the advantages, because if you come to the borderline for boost the pcm will defuel for you.

HTH

AlpineRAM
Old 10-22-2003, 05:49 AM

[quote author=AlpineRAM link=board=7;threadid=21277;start=0#msg199602 date=1066817260]
The HO has smaller injectors and uses higher pressure to inject the fuel- actually going to a bigger injector will have better results on an HO than on an SO- but you'll need a box or at least a boost fooler to gain the advantages, because if you come to the borderline for boost the pcm will defuel for you.

HTH

AlpineRAM
[/quote]
I'm running the Edge EZ. This will do the job?
Old 10-22-2003, 06:08 AM

Received 263 Likes on 235 Posts

Yep, that combo should make you ;D all day long. Since you've got all the gauges I suggest that you watch your EGTs closely. I'd throw in a Scotty air system too. (with the hole) - but maybe you'll be able to stay out of the danger zone with your combo. Do you run the EZ with the boost elbow or a turnbuckle? If not, more fuel alone won't give you good results- more air plus more fuel is the key to more power.
I don't know whether this combo won't be a little on the rough side for your clutch. It seems that there are some variations in the stock clutches.
Depending on funds and targets I'd suggest that you look into going EDM mach 2s or 3s and a bigger turbo. And a clutch etc... But the combo with the EZ and 275s will give you some nice grunt. Be careful, this is highly addictive!

AlpineRAM
Old 10-22-2003, 10:12 PM

[quote author=AlpineRAM link=board=7;threadid=21277;start=0#msg199610 date=1066820882]
Yep, that combo should make you ;D all day long. Since you've got all the gauges I suggest that you watch your EGTs closely. I'd throw in a Scotty air system too. (with the hole) - but maybe you'll be able to stay out of the danger zone with your combo. Do you run the EZ with the boost elbow or a turnbuckle? If not, more fuel alone won't give you good results- more air plus more fuel is the key to more power.
I don't know whether this combo won't be a little on the rough side for your clutch. It seems that there are some variations in the stock clutches.
Depending on funds and targets I'd suggest that you look into going EDM mach 2s or 3s and a bigger turbo. And a clutch etc... But the combo with the EZ and 275s will give you some nice grunt. Be careful, this is highly addictive!

AlpineRAM
[/quote]

Yep... I'm running the boost elbow. I get about 33 PSI at WOT.
Old 10-23-2003, 10:44 PM

I have this combo and love it! ;D I'm not into BIG hp #'s as I just wanted more power for pulling my 5th wheel. As AlpineRAM stated you will have to upgrade your clutch. My clutch was fine with just the EZ, until I added the 275's. 10 minutes after installation was complete I slipped the clutch :'(. I had a South Bend Con O (350hp/750ft/lbs) installed and problem solved ;D. If you are going to bomb to a higher level than that, I suggest you go with the SB Con OFE as it is rated to 450 hp/1000 ft/lbs. I don't plan on bombing to that level so I spent the additional $200 on other bombs ........ Good luck Phil
Old 10-24-2003, 09:06 AM

The addition of the 275's will make you ;D I was surprised at the difference!!!

"Be careful, this is highly addictive!"(alpine ram)

He is right. I just wanted a little more and now I am on the way to a TSTPM3, SBC con ofe, new gauges as the Banks gauges only work with the Banks box, EDMIIs, and a new turbo yet to be determined.

Good luck!!