Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Got FASSED!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 07:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got FASSED!!

Okay, well I installed the FASS system on Friday and all went great. Except the suction line quickrelease. I ended up just breaking it apart to get it off. Running about 21-22 psi idle. Is this fine? Tapped the gauge into the port on the pump. How accurate is this? Dips down a couple psi WOT and when going over larger bumps in the road. Got one leak in the return line on the pump, so is it okay to use teflon tape or is there something better. I love the pump and would reccomend it to anyone for their next purchase.
Old 06-05-2006, 10:02 AM

Do not use teflon tape on your fuel system! I used a yellow thread sealant.
Old 06-05-2006, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by ds1rider
Okay, well I installed the FASS system on Friday and all went great. Except the suction line quickrelease. I ended up just breaking it apart to get it off. Running about 21-22 psi idle. Is this fine? Tapped the gauge into the port on the pump. How accurate is this? Dips down a couple psi WOT and when going over larger bumps in the road. Got one leak in the return line on the pump, so is it okay to use teflon tape or is there something better. I love the pump and would reccomend it to anyone for their next purchase.

Use some liquid thread sealant...my personal recommendation. We just started with a new PS-1002 pressure spring (Last Fri) that will drop fuel pressure to 14 PSI if needed. ALSO we have a Machined Fitting that will drop the pressure to 16 PSI if needed as well. There are many with pressure that high with no issue, but some want to be around 15. Giving some options. Contact you dealer for the spring or fitting.
Old 06-05-2006, 11:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ds1rider
Tapped the gauge into the port on the pump. How accurate is this? Dips down a couple psi WOT and when going over larger bumps in the road...... I love the pump and would reccomend it to anyone for their next purchase.
Don't know anyone that tapped gauge into the pump. Normally it's harder on the gauge to do that...picks up vibrations form pump? Install a needle valve to reduce flow to gauge will help, if this becomes a problem.
Personally, I prefer to put a 'T' in the fuel line...about 18" back from the VP-44.

The 1-2 psi drop at WOT is normal and won't ever exceed that, no matter how much HP you throw at it!

Love my FASS also! Makes the fuel pressure gauge refreshingly boring.

RJ