Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Going bigger sticks, M4's or DDP 150's?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 06:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by J Lent
How were your egts? I wish Quad had a 1/2 power setting, switch on the fly. I would just install some 200+hp's & call it done.
I know you spend some time in the hills of WV too. I go up 522 out of Hardy county up the 9% grade every now and then. Empty egts pulling the hill at 70 mph in 5th gear are usually 900-1100, but they can creep up to the 1300 range if I'm really booking.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:29 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ph4tty
I know you spend some time in the hills of WV too. I go up 522 out of Hardy county up the 9% grade every now and then. Empty egts pulling the hill at 70 mph in 5th gear are usually 900-1100, but they can creep up to the 1300 range if I'm really booking.
Yeah, lots of time in those hills. I'm leaving now for Metz, W.V.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by Tate
Have you run the DDP 150's? Mine are dead smooth and clean, but I can only compare to Jammer2s, I haven't run any F1 stuff in my 24v. The F1's I have in the 12v are superb though!
I have run DDP's 1's, 2's, 150's, and 250's. F1's 1.2's, 4's, 6's, and 7's. I only compare what I have run.

If you are looking for some bigger injectors to sledpull, I have a set of Buddha Power 8 x .011's. Bought them used and never tried them. I would guess thay are big for a little turbo like you are running.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by RonA
I have run DDP's 1's, 2's, 150's, and 250's. F1's 1.2's, 4's, 6's, and 7's. I only compare what I have run.

If you are looking for some bigger injectors to sledpull, I have a set of Buddha Power 8 x .011's. Bought them used and never tried them. I would guess thay are big for a little turbo like you are running.
Can't use them, P-pump specs.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:17 PM

ddp comps!!! My vote or scheid if you end up just strictly pullin it!
Old 10-09-2008, 08:43 PM

I say call scheids and get a set of bigguns. Ive got a couple and love them but i dont have them in tow vehicles. 200s are streetable but no way towable, the 250+ are great when your towin the sled.
Old 10-10-2008, 08:26 AM

Some Mach 4's would prob be your best bet for power and egts for towing as well, then DDP 150's would be my second choice.
Old 10-10-2008, 08:40 AM

My question is why does everybody seem to skip over the Mach 5's? Everybody always says Mach 4's, 6's, or 7's. Just curious as to why that would not be a good set for him.
Old 10-10-2008, 08:57 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 2whistlers
My question is why does everybody seem to skip over the Mach 5's? Everybody always says Mach 4's, 6's, or 7's. Just curious as to why that would not be a good set for him.
From what I understand, the 4's are suppose to be too much for my turbo & towing. From the dyno numbers I've seen, they seem to be the same as my Dragons I'm running now.
Old 10-11-2008, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by Mountaineer
Jamie, I don't know if the M4's would be a improvement over your current sticks going from these fuel numbers.

From the dyno numbers I've seen, they seem to be the same as my Dragons I'm running now.
X2, not worth it.
Old 10-11-2008, 01:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mountaineer
X2, not worth it.
I am just mad about losing to that guy. I usually stomp him. I know my truck is having issues, but I'm gonna get those issues fixed & then decide. My setup is perfect for everything I've thrown at it, but it seems like everyone is stepping up in power except me. Maybe the extra revs will make all the difference once I get this code thing fixed. Thanks for making me think.
Old 10-12-2008, 02:35 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
JLent, there is always gonna be someone bigger, faster, stronger. Don't get too caught up keeping up with the Jones, wait till he goes broke and then you only have to show up to beat him. From what I've read on sled pulling, once you get in that 600 HP range, you break every other pull till everything is upgraded in the drive train. I suspect you're on the verge of losing axles, pinons and drive shafts as you sit. Might want to work on making 100% use of your current power so you can keep your daily work truck on the road.

I'm like the rest of everyone on here, it's too fun to play but we all gotta draw lines somewhere. Then again Mach 4's aren't that big a of step up. Maybe they'll tow great and give you that extra 10 feet.
Old 10-12-2008, 07:41 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Big Blue24
JLent, there is always gonna be someone bigger, faster, stronger. Don't get too caught up keeping up with the Jones, wait till he goes broke and then you only have to show up to beat him. From what I've read on sled pulling, once you get in that 600 HP range, you break every other pull till everything is upgraded in the drive train. I suspect you're on the verge of losing axles, pinons and drive shafts as you sit. Might want to work on making 100% use of your current power so you can keep your daily work truck on the road.

I'm like the rest of everyone on here, it's too fun to play but we all gotta draw lines somewhere. Then again Mach 4's aren't that big a of step up. Maybe they'll tow great and give you that extra 10 feet.
Thanks, you guys are probably right. My truck isn't running right at the moment. He definately had more revs & I popped codes right off the line. It keeps throwing a CKP sensor detects overspeed code, map sensor voltage code & APPS voltage code. No smoke at all, usually belches it at the line, then clears up. It fell on its face off the line, pulled down to 3350. I'm gonna get it fixed before buying injectors.

By the way, I'm not a guy who gotta win, believe me. Its just bothering me because I talk to this guy at every pull & he is a truck driver who works with my friend. I'll never hear the end of it. Besides that, he put $4000 into the Monster pump, injectors etc. Its just friendly rivalry.
Old 10-12-2008, 03:48 PM

Can't use them, P-pump specs.
RonA has a P-Pumped 24V in that truck of his I believe. So they B 24V injectors bro.
Old 10-12-2008, 10:20 PM
Banned

From what I understand, the 4's are suppose to be too much for my turbo & towing. From the dyno numbers I've seen, they seem to be the same as my Dragons I'm running now.
M4s would be okay towing with your turbo, I don't tow as heavy as you but I run a HX-40 and egts are not a problem. I agree that 4s wouldn't be much power difference from what you currently have, if any at all.

Quick Reply: Going bigger sticks, M4's or DDP 150's?