Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Goerend Transmission set ups

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 08:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Goerend Transmission set ups

Ok so who has them, and what set up are you all runnin. I am lookin into gettin a transmission sooner than later hopefully, i think i have made my choice to go with a Goerend, but i want to see who has them and how they like them and what set-ups yall are running, and what kind of abuse they are taking. I won't be doing anything crazy with my truck, just really want to have some fun with some mods. The trans worries me, that is why my truck is stock for the most part. In the future i am looking to do injectors maybe a turbo, exhaust, intake and a few other ods and ends, i like to go the the trucks pulls but not participate because i dont want to brake anything, i am limited on funds being a college student at the moment. Any input would be greatly appreciated. I was thinking of goin with his single disk converter and having it built for 450 horse, whats your alls thoguhts...??

Kevin
Old 07-21-2005, 11:47 AM

I love my GB triple disc transmission. Everything except Billet. Drives great and will eliminate any trans worries you may have. Great price and customer service beyond what any reasonable person could expect.
Old 07-21-2005, 04:55 PM

When I got mine Dave told me he has the same tranny in trucks with 600 hp and no problems. Yep, I truly like mine. The only 'problem' is the tranny shifts so quick into overdrive it is easy to bark the turbo.
Tom
Old 07-21-2005, 07:53 PM

Originally posted by MnTom
When I got mine Dave told me he has the same tranny in trucks with 600 hp and no problems. Yep, I truly like mine. The only 'problem' is the tranny shifts so quick into overdrive it is easy to bark the turbo.
Tom
I wish I had that problem. I called dave and talked to him also. Now my task at hand is to save for a tranny. After the weaklink is fixed, BOMB away!!!
Old 07-21-2005, 09:06 PM

45K on mine so far, see sig for set up.

Can't go wrong with Dave.....
Old 07-21-2005, 10:58 PM

Just put in my Goerend Triple TC. WOW !!!!!!!!!! Yea Baby !!!!! So thats how my truck is supposed to run!!!!!! What a difference. I can finally get the power to the ground.
As stated you cant go wrong with G. Bros.

Dusty
Old 07-22-2005, 09:04 AM

That helps alot guys, thanks, i think i will stick with my decision and stick with dae, now to get the money together, thats a different story , **** college always gettin in the way of fun
Old 07-22-2005, 03:39 PM

Originally posted by DustyRock
Just put in my Goerend Triple TC. WOW !!!!!!!!!! Yea Baby !!!!! So thats how my truck is supposed to run!!!!!! What a difference. I can finally get the power to the ground.
As stated you cant go wrong with G. Bros.

Dusty

Did you just install the TC by iteself? or have the whole tranny rebuilt?
Old 07-22-2005, 03:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you dont mind me askin, how much are we talking for a full Goerend Tranny? I am going to need one soon too. I feel like my engine has alllll this power, but my tranny cant put it to the ground Im going to start saving for one, but I need to know a ballpark figure to work towards...
Old 07-22-2005, 07:42 PM

Dave will not steer you wrong. Talk with him about how you drive it and what you expect and he will tell you whether a single disk or triple would be best for you. I went with the triple disk and his custom stator with billet input and intermediate. Drives like a completely different truck. I figure I'm at 400HP + with mods. Even my wife said that the truck sounded different. Not slipping the tranny like it was, now putting the power to the wheels. Dave is exceptional to work with as well -- one of the truly honest, nice guys left in the tranny world. PM with any questions if you want.

Paul
Old 07-22-2005, 08:05 PM

Originally posted by MasseyMan1089
If you dont mind me askin, how much are we talking for a full Goerend Tranny?
You have a PM.

I have around 8k miles on my full tranny so far. Can't slip this one.
Old 07-22-2005, 09:28 PM

[

I have around 8k on my full tranny so far. Can't slip this one.

Oouuuchhh. I thought it was going to be much, much lower. Whole truck didn't cost me that much.
Old 07-22-2005, 09:32 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow, where did you find a '99 that cheap Valv?
Old 07-22-2005, 09:35 PM

Originally posted by Valv
Oouuuchhh. I thought it was going to be much, much lower. Whole truck didn't cost me that much.
Miles, not $$$$$$.
Old 07-22-2005, 09:53 PM

Well I started to drink this new stuff with some extra Tequila......results I cannot read correctly.

I can see it now, that's right you have "miles".

It's funny since Dave quoted me $ 3600 for a complete HD tranny with converter and no core exchange, shipping included.... which I thought it was a great deal.....since there is $ 1000 extra (core +shipping).

One more example of NOT drink and.....do forums....

MasseyMan, do you want cheap trucks anywhere in the country...email me.

Mine was a rebuildable (wrecked) truck, but VERY, VERY easy to rebuild.... (just add a tranny), and it cost me less than that...today... fixed with all the mods....

Quick Reply: Goerend Transmission set ups