Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

fuel pressure gauge and issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 11:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fuel pressure gauge and issues

I just installed a DiPricol mechanical FP gauge, got everything working, the gauge seems to be reading the proper PSI's, but now I've got a question about these "pulses" everyone talks about coming from the IP. What exactly are they, and do they cause the needle to fluctuate, or do they straight up cause a drop in pressure? My understanding was with the isolator properly installed, that the pulses wouldn't be an issue, so if that's the case, then I think my LP is going out, because I'll drop pressure at random to 0-1 PSI for up to ten seconds at a time. Any ideas, before I go and order a new LP? Plus, if I do, I was thinking about going with one of the FASS pumps, and didn't know which one I should get for a stock application...

One of the reasons I've been suspicious of my LP is that when I was in 29 Palms CA, if I got on it, I could black out an intersection if I tried, but since I got to Indiana, it won't smoke at all...not that that's necessarily a bad thing. The only thing is that 29 Palms is at elevation...2000-2500 ft above sea level, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it?

PS my Dodge is an 01 24 Valve, manual, stock except for a BHAF and the silencer ring pulled off...
Old 10-13-2008, 02:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First, I wouldn't ever run an isolator again. Nothing but problems and I never trusted them. For the past 4 years I've run nothing but mechanical gauges with a straight diesel line to the gauge. I use a little piece of braided line to go in the cab and then under the hood, I use a needle valve to connect it, in the rare event that I may have a leak. I've NEVER had a leak. Some people seems to scared to run diesel into cab, but with braided line and proper installation, it's the only way to get a true reading. Also, the needle valve helps with the pulses. Just open the valve a little bit.