Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Fuel pressure gauge hose

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 07:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hmmm...mine is shimmed, and gives roughly 30 @ idle, but 25-26 cruising, and when you get on it, it can drop as low as 18.

I've got a new lift pump, no fuel heater (it was bad - leaking and dead), and all new fuel lines from the tank to the engine, and everywhere else.

I'm beginning to wonder if that cam lobe is flat.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is exactly what I used to hook up my fuel pressure guage to the fuel filter.

So far there is about +20K miles on it and no leak or problems...

Do it with a KISS! (Keep It Simple Stupid!)
Old 11-09-2005, 10:11 PM

Thanks Moparman thats what i was looking for. Where did you get all your fittings at? If you dont mind me asking.
Old 11-10-2005, 10:30 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by TRCM
Hmmm...mine is shimmed, and gives roughly 30 @ idle, but 25-26 cruising, and when you get on it, it can drop as low as 18.

I've got a new lift pump, no fuel heater (it was bad - leaking and dead), and all new fuel lines from the tank to the engine, and everywhere else.

I'm beginning to wonder if that cam lobe is flat.
I would try pinching off the return line with the engine idling. You should see at least 60 psi or the lift pump is bad.

I've found the type of hose Mopar pictures a real hassle to work with, it keeps on wanting to coil back up. Buy bulk hose by the foot from the autoparts, it goes straight easily.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by infidel
I would try pinching off the return line with the engine idling. You should see at least 60 psi or the lift pump is bad.

I've found the type of hose Mopar pictures a real hassle to work with, it keeps on wanting to coil back up. Buy bulk hose by the foot from the autoparts, it goes straight easily.
The lift pump better not be bad...I just put it on less than 50 miles ago !!!!!!

And yes, the hose does coil back badly....but if you straighten it out and let it sit in a nice warm house for awhile, it will uncoil.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:51 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by TRCM
The lift pump better not be bad...I just put it on less than 50 miles ago !!!!!!
In my forty plus years of wrenching I've run into three bad lift pumps new out of the box, never on a Cummins though.
Guess that means it can happen. Hate it when new stuff doesn't work.
I fought for an hour last week trying to figure out an electrical problem in the shop. Turned out a brand new extension cord wouldn't pass power.

Just pinch the return line while someone watches the gauge and you'll know.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by eric13
Thanks Moparman thats what i was looking for. Where did you get all your fittings at? If you dont mind me asking.
The brass fitting came with the guage. But the needle valve I got at NAPA for 8 bucks (Weatherhead - WH#6820) The banjo bolt was given to by a member here... MLR1. (Thanks to you once again!) But the banjo can be ordered at Geno's for about 8-10 bucks. The tubing was extra from a oil pressure guage.

The tubing can be relaxed by heating with a hair dryer. That will take the coil out of it. So far I've used this stuff on many vehicles and never had a leak. (Oil and Fuel)

I'm glad I could help out.