Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Fuel Pressure & Edge Install

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 10:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuel Pressure & Edge Install

Installed an Edge with ATtitude in the 02 Dodge on Saturday. Took it out for a spin, alarm went off quite often when the FP dropped to 4-3. Mostly happened while playing in the above 3 settings. But even in 1, if you get on it, the alarm starts going off. Any suggestions?
Old 06-05-2006, 12:27 PM

did you have a FP gauge before the edge? if so what was the reading? if not. then i guess change out the LP and see if that changes your readings...
Old 06-05-2006, 12:37 PM

Fuel pressure gauge as mentioned above. Put in a pusher pump or a Fass. BD and Bully Dog both have a complete kit for a pusher pump set up if you don't want to make your own.
Old 06-05-2006, 05:30 PM

edge

hey man i was just wanting to know how you like the edge juice i wanting to put one on my 01 and also how bout the smoke controle with i have a stock turbo you think it would get to hot?
Old 06-05-2006, 06:22 PM

Juice

Well i have the juice without my pump tapped and it goes pretty good. If I run 5x5 max egt 1100. Dont know the readings on a tapped truck, I'll find out when the warrenty is up.
Old 08-27-2006, 09:31 PM

i love my edge if you turn it up to level 5 and floor it all the time yeah it will run a lil' hot but thats normal and it cools down pretty fast so if you are thinkin of buyin one go for it
Old 09-18-2006, 08:04 PM

That's my same situation! I just installed the juice/attitude in my 99. Edge makes an awsome product. I was reading 8 psi and got on just a little and dropped it right to 0. I never had a fuel pressure gauge before. The reason I wanted the attitude was for the gauges. Now I'm buying the fass lift pump. Thanks edge for saving my vp44!
Old 09-18-2006, 08:51 PM
JIT

I had the same problems as mentioned above. 14-15psi at idle and 7-8psi cruising on the highway. But when I jump on it 0-psi in a hurry! I have it tapped and it wasnt an issue unless I got on it. I had just put a new lift pump on my truck about 2 weeks before installing the Edge so I was sure it was ok, plus I could hear it was running fine. So I went down to AutoZone and got the 7-9psi universal fuel pump they sell for $32. Mounted it in line with my factory LP as a pusher and havent seen it drop below 12psi since.

I would post the part number but I no longer have the box or receipt. I would just call your nearest auto parts store and see what they have to offer in a universal inline fuel pump. Hope that helps, I know it did for me!

Josh
Old 09-19-2006, 11:58 AM
Banned

I also raninto the fuel pressure problem with my edge, i to put in a second pusher pump,but yo definatly do not want to get one that is more than 100GPH or over 9 psi. I put in a 14 psi pump thinking it would get it to at least 20 psi, boy was i wrong,it is at 40psi at idle and 25 at wot. If you have one of these it is strongly recomended to put in a regulator of some sort or a needle valve to limit the pressure. It has not hurt mine at all butr im not takeing any chances, regulator going in this week.
Old 09-19-2006, 04:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Diesel Dummy
I also raninto the fuel pressure problem with my edge, i to put in a second pusher pump,but yo definatly do not want to get one that is more than 100GPH or over 9 psi. I put in a 14 psi pump thinking it would get it to at least 20 psi, boy was i wrong,it is at 40psi at idle and 25 at wot. If you have one of these it is strongly recomended to put in a regulator of some sort or a needle valve to limit the pressure. It has not hurt mine at all butr im not takeing any chances, regulator going in this week.
Can you expand a little more on what pump/s you are running and what your pressures are and how you cured the over psi? I need to do the same thing.

Thanks, JWB
Old 09-20-2006, 12:06 PM
Banned

im running my stock lift pump and a pro comp blue pump i got off ebay for 50.00 bucks,putting in a regulator in to limit my fuel pressure to 25 psi. if you get a pusher pump get one that is 100gph or lower and does less than 10 psi, and you should not need a regulator.
Old 09-20-2006, 01:48 PM
Banned

im running my stock lift pump and a pro comp blue pump i got off ebay for 50.00 bucks,putting in a regulator in to limit my fuel pressure to 25 psi. if you get a pusher pump get one that is 100gph or lower and does less than 10 psi, and you should not need a regulator.
I was going to take your advice and price the Holley Red in stead of the blue. The blue is $87, the RED IS $140! Lower pressure, lower flow rate, more money!
Old 09-20-2006, 02:38 PM
Banned

pro-comp is the same as holley just a different name and 1/2 the price.
Old 09-20-2006, 03:54 PM
Banned

pro-comp is the same as holley just a different name and 1/2 the price.
From what I've found researching on the I-net, the parts for the Procomps are the same as for the "old" style Holleys. The Holley's have recently gone through a redesign which would constitute the price being higher. This is pasted from the Jeg's website.

A Major Re-Design!
Holley's Red, Blue and Black electric fuel pumps have recently received a major re-design to enable them to meet Holley's new standards for quality and performance. Proven to be winners over the years thanks to their lightweight (2.88 lbs.) design and ability to tolerate contaminated fuel. The pumps are powered by an extra-life, heavy duty, sealed-dry motor and feature a built-in relief valve for pressure compensation. A cleanable inlet filter screen cleans fuel as it travels between the 3/8'' inlet and outlet ports in the aluminum housing. The re-designed flow passages will considerably improve durability, significantly reduce amp draw and will eliminate the flow pulsation present in the old design. Eliminating the flow pulsation enable the new pumps to provide a more consistent and higher flow rate.

<on edit> I just got an email from Holley stating that the Procomp is a copy of the Holley design produced overseas and are not affiliated with Holley in any way. I think I'll support the USA on this one.
Old 09-21-2006, 11:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I too have the Edge w/ Attitude and found pressure to be 8 at idle and 1 or 2 down the road after installation. I replaced the LP with the intank retrofit and all is now well. I now get 12 at idle and it never goes below 8 on the run. So far I'm a big fan of the Edge. The only drawback is that I have the Attitude mounted on top of the dash and at night the brightness of it can get anoying. I kinda wish it could be dimmed for night flying.

Quick Reply: Fuel Pressure & Edge Install