Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Fass ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 09:17 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fass ?'s

How hard would it be to plumb a FASS pump into my stock fuel system as a pusher pump? What would all the parts be that I need? If I did this I think I would just wire the pump up to run off of the key's position...

If I plumbed a 95gph FASS pump in as a pusher what kind of HP should that support?

Thanks everyone!
Old 11-07-2007, 10:41 AM

I run a 150/150 with 5/8"s line to my stock fuel pump and an aeromotive regulator plumbed in the return line I got a few ponies.
Brandon
Old 11-07-2007, 11:07 AM

I'm pretty sure that's what you get/do when you buy the pump only.

I pulled the entire stock system and went with the full FASS system, 25K and zero issues. I could never say that about the stock system.

Contact Eric at http://www.vulcanperformance.com he has great service, prices and can answer any fuel system question you can come up with.
Old 11-07-2007, 04:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Kits are already made for the 12 valve. Here are links to the instructions:

For the HPFP:
http://www.fassride.com/billcook/FAS...l%20Manual.pdf

Or if you want a FASS:
http://www.fassride.com/billcook/FAS...l%20Manual.pdf

It will support all the HP you can throw at it.

RJ
Old 11-07-2007, 07:06 PM

Thumbs down

I would think real hard before I added a FASS to a 12 Valve, I hate mine 180 gph 45psi so what! I feel like a moron for letting myself get talked into buying it in the first place I haven't gotten to the point of just ripping it off and saying to heck with it and buying a whole new system but I am looking for a stock fuel system!
Old 11-07-2007, 11:26 PM
Banned

I have ALL the stock parts you need for your 98 laying under my bench in the FASS box.If you hate your FASS so bad I will work you a deal with a trade and put your FASS under my bench as a spare instead of the factory stuff.

Not sure what your issues are with the FASS and a 12v but I LOVE mine.....Andy
Old 11-07-2007, 11:32 PM

What issues are you having? I'm running the 90 gph 45psi unit, so far so good. Nice and quiet compared to my old 150/150 system.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:46 PM
Banned

thekidfan, if you hate it so much maybe we can work out a trade? lol. Are the pumps different from the 12v's to 24v's?
Old 11-07-2007, 11:58 PM

Part number wise, yes. 24v run the 1008 units, 12v's get the 1009 or 1010 units, the latter being the standalone 45psi unit. I'd guess the main difference would be regulated pressure.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:00 AM

My biggest "issue" is I have a 60 gallon rep. tank and have run out of fuel with over 20 gallons left in the tank! FASS or DPP then claimed it must have been installed wrong as they have never heard of this before, then after I verified depth of pickup tube they then addmitted it is a problem and are working on a fix! 90 gph may be a little better as I believe the problem has to do with so much fuel being returned.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:40 AM
Banned

thekidfan....
Then the problem is NOT a FASS issue its a installer issue,correct?.How can you expect FASS to give you the proper depth of suction tube when your using a aftermarket tank?.When your installer did the install did he actually check the depth of the tube or did he just do the install and give you the truck back?.

So then in retrospect,your FASS is fine and works as they all do then.There is a difference between a FASS problem and a installer problem.I wonder if you are as quick to show your dismay with the installer as you do here with FASS.Again,My offer stands,if you hate your FASS let me know where to ship the factory junk so you can use it as I never will.........Andy
Old 11-08-2007, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Hammer
thekidfan....
Then the problem is NOT a FASS issue its a installer issue,correct?.How can you expect FASS to give you the proper depth of suction tube when your using a aftermarket tank?.When your installer did the install did he actually check the depth of the tube or did he just do the install and give you the truck back?.

So then in retrospect,your FASS is fine and works as they all do then.There is a difference between a FASS problem and a installer problem.I wonder if you are as quick to show your dismay with the installer as you do here with FASS.Again,My offer stands,if you hate your FASS let me know where to ship the factory junk so you can use it as I never will.........Andy

Please re-read my post! I VERIFED the depth as per Dan and it is fine! HE THEN SAID "YEA THEY HAVE HAD A FEW WITH THIS PROBLEM, AND WE ARE WORKING ON A FIX"
I'm curious did FASS/DPP pay for all the parts needed to upgrade your stock fass electricial system to one that wouldn't burn up??
Old 11-09-2007, 11:50 PM
Banned

I am one who does not let any business give me anything for my truck.Its paid for by me and out of my pocket so that I owe them zero and they owe me the respect for using their products.This way if anything arises,good or bad,I can post what I find no matter what the end results are without repercussions for having something given to me.Every part on my truck since I bought the truck has been paid for with my own finances.

Also of note...I NEVER asked DPP,Dan or Brad,for any compensation on the issue and never would have.I can assure you though they stood behind my findings and that they were in contact with me directly about what happened.The ENTIRE DPP crew are some of the best people I have ever met and their customer service has been outstanding..........Andy