Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

EZ not working

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 09:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EZ not working

Drove home and back this weekend. 400 miles each way. on the way back i started noticing the truck seemed to be working a lot harder. And when i got home this evening i could def tell the edge had quit. No smoke. The turbo just wasn't spooling as well. Its def back to stock. I havnt had a chance to even pop hood yet as I had to study for school tomorrow. But i just figured id ask if thres was a simple common solution to this. I bought the box used a few weeks ago and ive been happy with it until now. kinda weird it just completely quit.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:40 AM

Any body have any ideas. I pulled the codes today and there was nothing. Everything looks fine. Im kinda lost when it comes to computers and electronics like this. They dont hold oil in em i generally cant figure it out
Old 10-12-2009, 01:26 PM

Try unplugging and cleaning contacts. Check all the wires for abraisions. Call Edge and talk to them....good customer service. They will take it in on trade and give you a couple hundred toward something else. $500 for a JWA for example.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:30 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lets start with the basics.
What's your fuel pressure? Gotta have gauges on these trucks. Could be a failed LP causing you power loss. What's your boost reading? Could be a boost leak.
Gauges can help a lot in diagnosing a problem.
I haven't heard of too many EZ's failing. Check the connections first though.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:34 PM

Connections look fine. Power actually seem to come back today. So did smoke. I only have a low pressure fuel warning light, however its set at like 7 PSI i think and it diddnt come on. I just bought a pyro and boost gauge but they are still sitting on the counter as I have not bought a pillar pod yet. I will keep checking it. I wonder if maybe it wasnt just me. I took 15 of my friends home with me to go to the GA Tn game over the weekend and hadnt slept for like 26 hours when I drove home. I guess i cant rule that out. Otherwise I will call their tech support. I have delt with them once before and I ended up getting free stuff out of it so ya they are awesome. Thanks for the advice.
Old 10-13-2009, 06:08 AM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Get a 3 gauge pillar pod and a fuel gauge. Throw the idiot light in the garbage.
Old 10-13-2009, 10:06 AM

Trust me, I hate that thing. I had it done shortly after I bought the truck. This is my first diesel and I had not yet joined this site so I didnt know any better haha. I hate that thing. I havnt bought the pillar pod yet cause im trying to find a good deal on a fuel gauge. (college student = no money)