Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

edge ez map sensor connector ??'s

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2002, 03:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
edge ez map sensor connector ??'s

a friend of mine has a 2001 H.O. 6spd. reg.cab w/ an EZ. I helped him install it & the truck runs pretty strong. He called me one night & said, "you've gotta see my truck now, it smokes as much as your 12-valve" I said really, did you get a set of injectors or what??? he said no I just unpluggesd the map sensor connector on my EZ. his truck smokes like a freight train upon takeoff now & he claims it's stronger than before? has anyone else tried this & will it hurt anything other than the obvious (fuel mileage) Thanks for any info, Dusty
Old 11-28-2002, 03:08 PM

Re:edge ez map sensor connector ??'s

I have one but have not tried running it like that. I don't know of anyone doing what he is doing either.<br><br>Good luck<br>See Ya<br>Chris
Old 12-02-2002, 11:00 AM

Re:edge ez map sensor connector ??'s

Ok, so the truck is running with the fueling bus connected but not the MAP sensor. That means you are not able to accomplish boost fooling. If you're running stock boost (no elbow) and stock MAP sensor, that means the ECM sees actual boost readings from the MAP sensor. With the MAP sensor plugged in per Edge instructions, the Edge box intercepts the actual manifold air pressure readings and gives the ECM a bogus number (3 psi) instead of the actual boost reading. This allows boost pressures of over 26 (not sure of the exact limit) pounds.<br><br>I'm not certain what's really happening but here's a theory...<br>Without boost fooling (stock MAP sensor connected), the ECM reads actual boost pressures, and tries to limit fueling during spoolup. But the Edge box intercepts this fueling instruction and re-maps the stock fueling instruction with one of its own. Ergo, the difference between stock and Edge fueling is huge and you get smoke. <br><br>With the Edge box connected to the MAP sensor, the ECM never sees anything above 3 psi of boost. This allows the Edge box to control fuel delivery the way it was intended to (which is to control smoke and pass EPA/CARB regulations).<br><br>With that much fueling, however, and a stock wastegated turbo, you could run into EGT problems that you would not otherwise encounter with a more controlled fueling ramp up. Also, as I mentioned before, once you put in that boost elbow, you better hook up the Edge boost fooler again or you will set an engine code for overboost.