Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Edge comp won't adjust, will edge comp kill VP44?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 12:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Edge comp won't adjust, will edge comp kill VP44?

I have searched this forum like crazy trying to find any info regarding this problem that I am having. I've been wanting to bomb my truck for some time now and just recently got the funds to do so , I went on ebay and found a used edge comp, the guy said he had it for 2 years and it worked fine, he was just trading his truck on a new one. Ok, heres the problem, I installed the wiring fine, made all my connections and they are good connections, I know that for a fact, when I turned the ignition on for the first time, the LED came on just as it was suppossed to, so I tried to push the arrow button to raise the level but nothing happened, ok, so I thought well, maybe the truck has to be running to adjust power levels, so I started it up and it still would not adjust, so I tried turning it off with the power button, nothing, so I tried holding the power button down to access the sub levels and after a few tries whallah, it started flashing, all five bars were flashing so I used the 'down' arrow key to see if I could adjust it down and it adjusted down fine, but when I pushed the 'up' arrow key nothing happened at this point I rechecked all my connections to find that they all were good, but still nothing worked Ok, has anyone had this problem before? Or did I buy a bum box? What is wrong with this thing?

Also, I forgot to mention, when I first started the truck and only the one level was lit up, I took it for a test drive and noticed a little more power than usual and a little more smoke than usual, and also I test drove it after I turned the the sublevel down and I didn't notice any smoke any more but still had a little better power. I would appreciate any input on this thread.

Like, am I going to toast my VP44 because I'm putting on a fuel box? Or will I be ok since I am staying away from twins and high performance injectors and stuff like that? Thanks for any input.
Old 05-21-2006, 12:53 PM

Not to sure about your box but it might have a defect in it. Give EDGE a call 1-888-360-3343.
But about your vp44 you just have to have a good lift pump so id highly recomend a fuel pressure gauge to make sure it will keep the pressure up under WOT with your box on, cause low fuel pressure kills vps.
Old 05-21-2006, 12:54 PM

I had that problem when i got mine and it was because the ground eyelet wasnt connected.
Old 05-21-2006, 12:56 PM

I didn't read you had a fp gauge, What kind of pressure will it drop too when you floor it?
Old 05-21-2006, 01:04 PM

FP stays well above 10 psi so far, even when I floor it, but thats with the box set on the first setting, I may eventually go with the FASS system but hopefully I will be okay for now. I have a good ground, I hooked my test light on the positive battery terminal and then probed the ground wire right where it hook's into the eyelet and the test light lit so my ground is ok. Unless I have a broken wire? Maybe I'll check for a ground on up the wire, not sure where though.....