Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

DynoMax Muffler and Tweeter on A Pillar??

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2003, 10:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DynoMax Muffler and Tweeter on A Pillar??

Ok more newbie questions! What to do with the tweeter on the A pillar if you put gauges there? I want the louder sound, can I remove the resonator and muffler replace with a Dyno Max muffler for the deep diesel sound???
Old 04-20-2003, 10:41 PM

Re:DynoMax Muffler and Tweeter on A Pillar??

1.) almost all the companies that make a-pillar mounts make mounts which allow u to keep the tweeter, might want to look around in the &quot;links&quot; section.<br><br>2.)like alota folks on here, if ur lookin for a more &quot;diesel&quot; sound, y not just remove your muffler and resonator. alot cheaper than a new exhaust system.<br><br>hope this helps, im sure other members will chime in with their suggestions as well
Old 04-21-2003, 02:02 AM
Banned

You can buy a pillar with the tweeter mount built in. Or you can mount the tweeter in the very top of the pillar.
Old 04-21-2003, 03:24 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Good luck trying to fit the DynoMax muffler on your A-pillar. Gauges are hard enough as it is...<br><br> ;D<br><br>HOHN
Old 04-22-2003, 06:40 AM

I would recommend another muffler than a Dynomax Super Turbo. That's what I have and I can only tell a difference in sound at idle, and it is very minimal. A waste of money IMO. I tried to go straight pipe but it was way too loud for me. Many on this board disagree about that though.....
Any pillar pod mount you look at will give you the option for with or without tweeter. Mine mounts above the speaker..
Old 04-22-2003, 10:29 AM
Banned

A Dynomax Bullet may be a better choice. Only like $40 from Summit. It's a straight through design.
Old 04-25-2003, 06:34 AM

Before I replaced my exhaust I just took out the muffler and cat and replaced it with a straight pipe. I thought that it sounded great and was not to loud for me. I just went to an exhaust shop and had them flare the ends and then bought two clamps. Whole thing cost 50 bucks. I would say try that then if it is to loud for your liking then try a muffler. As far as the tweeter every A-pillar I have seen has the option for a tweeter. Try Geno's I know they have them.