Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

comp+redline or tst-comp

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 09:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jetpilot
The RD/DC combo will yeild more HP and a increased RPM band over your current setup. You will also need aftermarket valvesprings for RPM over stock. When I did over 830 RWHP I was using a standard (-027) SO pump.
Thats awesome Jetpilot! Was that with nitrous or without. And if you dont mind what was the rest of the setup. Very impressive numbers! If your setup is secret I would understand with numbers like that!
Old 08-30-2007, 10:21 AM

Ran the redline and Comp with the fueling wire unhooked..... Truck made wicked power to over 3700 rpm. This combo yielded over 830 RWHP on my truck.

Doug
Doug,

What would be the better stack with the Redline, in your opinion....Comp or Smarty. I currently run the Comp/Smarty stack but always looking for more fuel.

Quad,

Is this new "24V Racebox" your looking for beta testers for going to be in the same ballpark as the redline? Does it add timing?
Old 08-30-2007, 12:12 PM

box

redline and smarty!!!! smarty gives a scan tool, adj. for tires, and timing!! dont get much better than that...Redline gives full fuel and rpm'ssss... IMO
Old 08-30-2007, 01:32 PM

I'm not to concerned with RPMs. The redline may let the engine rev past 4K+, but If power falls off after 3200-3500 RPM, I could care less what it'll rev to. I could be wrong, but I thought I remember seeing a dyno sheet where, even with a Redline, power DID start to fall off after 3500 RPM.

This high RPM scenerio my work with sled pulling where you would need to build as many revs as possible before easing out of the clutch which is naturally going to drop RPMs. But, with drag racing, you need to shift before you're to far out of the peak power range. If I'm reving all the way to 4K+ rpms but from 3500-4K I'm losing pwer, whats the point? Just me thinking out loud.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:37 PM

The revs are useful for the Sled Pullers mainly. Well, that and the guys that run out of gear in the 1/4 mile.

For sled pulling what you want is wheel speed and to be able to have as broad of a range of wheel speed as possible in 1 gear. SO if you can run in 4Lo say, 3rd gear and run from 0-40 MPH you are in good shape. The extra revs allow them to build the wheel speed so it takes longer to stop them.

For most of the powerful trucks that want the revs extended getting the sled up to speed is no problem, it getting as much speed as possible without shifting before it starts to stop you.

Correct me if I am wrong guys.
Old 08-30-2007, 02:22 PM

sled

You are right.. When pullin sleds you all want the most speed you can get. Most of the guys around here are 5sp trucks ( 2nd gen) and they run 3rd lo (355's) or 2hi (410's)... On the 24 valves they dont like to be luged down like the 12 valve so you have to have a low gear to keep the engine wide open... I tried 4lo once ( track was really loose) and done good til 200ft and caught traction and bogged the motor down and was done!!!
Old 08-30-2007, 02:37 PM
Banned

i have yet to have a problem with bogging down with my 24v...and i've pulled on a couple tight tracks. I usually have a problem with revving too high while pulling and getting out of my peak power turning 3600+ where my smarty/TST combo only fuels to 3600.

And as for jetpilots set up, it was a steroid B1, with nitrous, and i cant remember if he had Buddha Power injectors, or if he had some early versions of the Mach injectors.
Old 08-30-2007, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by J Double
Quad,

Is this new "24V Racebox" your looking for beta testers for going to be in the same ballpark as the redline? Does it add timing?
Sorry, I missed this earlier.

The "Race Box" is timing and fuel, or Fueling Only if you want it. Lots of options.

It will be more power than the Redline.
Old 08-30-2007, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by qzilla
I have done a ton of dyno testing on different boxes for the 24v..... The max HP I have seen comes from a TST Comp stacked with an EZ. The RD + EZ stack makes within 5HP of this but also has added rpm. Is this new quad box going to outperform these? If so by how much HP? It will be cool if this happens but I am skeptical due to the fueling limitations of the VP.

Doug
Old 08-30-2007, 04:48 PM

box

One of the things I love about the redline is it doesnt make my turbo bark.. at all... My TST would make my turbo bark all the time if I got in it , and then out to quick.. I wish I still had my TST ( but it was stolen) because I would try the TST and Smarty stack with the timing on the smarty and then the redline for RPM'sssss...
Old 08-30-2007, 05:06 PM

OK so heres my question, What would be the absolute best stack you can buy for peak horsepower, area under the curve, and high RPM's? Is there one combo that does all these the best? I am strictly a drag racer however i do have 4.10's so running out of rpms might become an issue, no pulling, no competitve dynoing, so what would you guys think would be the best combo for me? And secondly would it be worth the extra bucks to even switch out of a drag comp/ smarty. Basically if you were a dealer and I was a customer whitch stack would you sell me for my application? Let me know what yall think.
Thanks
Alex
Old 08-30-2007, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by qzilla
Sorry, I missed this earlier.

The "Race Box" is timing and fuel, or Fueling Only if you want it. Lots of options.

Well...since you already found enough beta testers I guess I'll have to wait and speculate like all the other poor saps.
Old 08-30-2007, 05:42 PM

Who told you that?
Old 08-30-2007, 05:54 PM

I have done a ton of dyno testing on different boxes for the 24v..... The max HP I have seen comes from a TST Comp stacked with an EZ. The RD + EZ stack makes within 5HP of this but also has added rpm. Is this new quad box going to outperform these? If so by how much HP? It will be cool if this happens but I am skeptical due to the fueling limitations of the VP.

Doug
The only real advantage to what we are doing is how we are controlling the pump and we are doing the CAN BUS Timing and Fueling together with the VP44 stretch.

What that means is that instead of taking one stand alone product and then another and trying to hope and make sure they are compatible, we are intentionally making them work together.

Now, while I totally agree that there is some limitations to the VP44 there is power left on the table. If you ahve giant injectors, HRVP44 yada yada yada then, I may not be able to provide you with anymore peak power than what you currently have. I can agree to that. What I can do is provide this power to you in a variety of ways that makes it more drivable, has a larger area under the curve, and will not cause any uglyness such as pump shuddering or other little things that are common right now.

This is one reason we are not publishing any power numbers at this time. There are too many variables at this time to even start with playing with numbers.

What I can promise you is that nothing will run harder, nothing will be smoother and nothing will give you the options that it will to fit in your setup.

Now, that was all mostly talk for the most extreme trucks. For this with small or medium sticks, a turbo, and a few other supporting mods, I will outrun anything. No doubt in my mind. This is from experience speaking, not hope.

In just the little crude Alpha testing we did I have run aggainst the Drag COmp, TST, TST COMP, and both the TST boxes stacked with a Smarty and I was never outperformed. In some cases this was a dyno, in some it was a drag race and it has even made an appearance at a pull. We did it smoother and without the goofy stuff happening. The Juice is not even in the same department power wise. Nice product but, a little sickly. Most of you on this thread know that already.

This is not about who is smarter, it is about new technology versus old technology.

JetPilot,

Did you sign up for beta? I would love to have you on board, not only to test but, to provide feedback.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:16 PM

quad, Im not planning on doing twins but I do have what I think would be considered very large injectors, mach 6's, and pretty many other supporting mods. Would you be willing to basically guarentee that your box would outrun any stack I could buy for my truck? Also will your box have the ability to turn 4000 rpms or atleast close. Mine will turn 3600 now. Will your box wake up the bottom end of my 6-speed like the smarty does? If it can do all this You have sold me! Also would I be able to get into the high 13's with it (with a 6-speed)? You def have my attention with this race box!

Quick Reply: comp+redline or tst-comp