Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

comp+redline or tst-comp

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 05:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
comp+redline or tst-comp

anyone ever try the edge comp (for timing) with a tst comp or redline. what rpm will the tst fuel to?
Old 08-29-2007, 05:24 PM
Banned

I think anything stacked with the redline box would be WAY to much! That redline box is one serious sumgun!!

~Nick
Old 08-29-2007, 06:02 PM

i know but it only adds fuel i want something for timing also.
Old 08-29-2007, 06:58 PM

Ran the redline and Comp with the fueling wire unhooked..... Truck made wicked power to over 3700 rpm. This combo yielded over 830 RWHP on my truck.

Doug
Old 08-29-2007, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Jetpilot
Ran the redline and Comp with the fueling wire unhooked..... Truck made wicked power to over 3700 rpm. This combo yielded over 830 RWHP on my truck.

Doug
So you ran the Redline Box totally hooked up and the comp without the wire tapped? I have a Drag comp/ smarty stack now and would love to have a redline box in my truck. If I sold the smarty to recoup some lost funds and bought the redline to stack with the drag comp would it be worth the money based on my sig? I would most likely also upgrade to an SO pump also. What do you think Jetpilot?
Old 08-29-2007, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Jetpilot

Doug
how do you plug both boxes into the maap sensor?
Old 08-29-2007, 10:30 PM

fueling box hooks up first to engine, then timing box hooks into remaining end of fueling box. then the factory plug goes into the timing box remaining end. just remember fueling first. make one big loop.
map sensor connector on head/fueling box male/fueling box female and timing male/ timing female with factory connector
Old 08-29-2007, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by stuckey200224
anyone ever try the edge comp (for timing) with a tst comp or redline. what rpm will the tst fuel to?
If you just want to stack a timing box look at our XZT+. It is similar to the Comp on timing only but, way cheaper.

The XZT+ will actually run better than the Comp if you are not tapping the wire. Plus we have several different tuning files to help you get dialed in for your injectors and combo. We are also getting ready to add a bunch of different timing files for those running lots of boost or overly large injectors.

It just does a lot of similar things that any timing box will do but, it gives you a lot of options to play with.

Trust me, for a timing box it runs hard! Really hard.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by qzilla
If you just want to stack a timing box look at our XZT+. It is similar to the Comp on timing only but, way cheaper.

The XZT+ will actually run better than the Comp if you are not tapping the wire. Plus we have several different tuning files to help you get dialed in for your injectors and combo. We are also getting ready to add a bunch of different timing files for those running lots of boost or overly large injectors.

It just does a lot of similar things that any timing box will do but, it gives you a lot of options to play with.

Trust me, for a timing box it runs hard! Really hard.
thanks i will look into that but im not doing anything yet (waiting to see what your new race box is like when it comes out) then i will decide.
Old 08-30-2007, 02:42 AM

If you are waiting for that then you don't need to stack anything. You will get the best of both worlds, it is timing and fuel. It is also updatable just like the XZT+.

No hidden levels, no paying to unlock more power, it will all be on the table for anyone that wants it.

Now, back to your thread. You can stack the Comp like you mentioned, it will work fine, I was just trying to save you some money and give you some flexibility.

I am done testing on the stock turbo right now and we are putting a turbo and exhaust on the truck so we can do some high rpm and high boost tuning and testing.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:21 AM

Originally Posted by qzilla

I am done testing on the stock turbo right now and we are putting a turbo and exhaust on the truck so we can do some high rpm and high boost tuning and testing.

Any idea what kind of RPM you will get out of the XZT+? Im in the market and I have been trying all kinds of set ups on the dyno and at the track. Redline was next but the XZT+ is sounding good.....
Old 08-30-2007, 04:07 AM

Well, the redline and XZT+ are TOTALLY different animals!

The XZT+ does not change the rev limiter, at least right now it doesn't, it might go a little further because it is adding fuel but, not enough to brag about.

Where the XZT+ would be really nice is with the Redline or another fueling only box.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by Aosipower
So you ran the Redline Box totally hooked up and the comp without the wire tapped? I have a Drag comp/ smarty stack now and would love to have a redline box in my truck. If I sold the smarty to recoup some lost funds and bought the redline to stack with the drag comp would it be worth the money based on my sig? I would most likely also upgrade to an SO pump also. What do you think Jetpilot?
The RD/DC combo will yeild more HP and a increased RPM band over your current setup. You will also need aftermarket valvesprings for RPM over stock. When I did over 830 RWHP I was using a standard (-027) SO pump.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:45 AM

boxes

Hey guys, thought I would share with ya a good setup that I had on my truck... I had a smarty stacked with my redline and HRVP!!! WOW!! I had this on my two times ata truck pull and wish I had new tires... All I did was spinnnnnnnn.. Also if anyone knows somone looking for a redline, Im going to selling mine... I bought a built 97 w/ 24 valve head and twins..
Old 08-30-2007, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by part time pulle
Hey guys, thought I would share with ya a good setup that I had on my truck... I had a smarty stacked with my redline and HRVP!!! WOW!! I had this on my two times ata truck pull and wish I had new tires... All I did was spinnnnnnnn.. Also if anyone knows somone looking for a redline, Im going to selling mine... I bought a built 97 w/ 24 valve head and twins..
Very interested in the Redline. Send me a pm with pricing. I also sent you a pm.
Thanks,
Alex

Quick Reply: comp+redline or tst-comp