Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

comp map troubles!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 03:04 PM
TDX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
comp map troubles!

I hope someone can help me with this problem. Today i unpluged the comp from the block to see what it would do and my truck totaly came alive. But it also kicked out an overboost code?!! It seems to pull alot harder and throttle response is unreal. The smoke is insane. Over the past year i was dissapointed in this truck and thought it was maybe how the eth trucks performed with the smaller pump. My first dodge was an 01 auto with a drag comp and 90 horse inj. and it was pretty quick. My 6 speed truck with bigger injectors would not have even come close to the power of the auto. Until today. Does this mean that there is something not right with the comp?. or my map sensor. Isnt the comp suposed to hide the extra boost. But not being pluged in how is there an over boost code.very confused!!!.
if anyone could help that would be great.
Old 04-21-2007, 04:46 PM

ya i dont know what it is either but there is a huge difference in it plugged in and unplugged..mine doesnt boost anymore either way it just gets there faster unplugged and unplugged the egts at WOT get HOT quick but mine is not the drag (yet) what kind of difference did u see in it or did u get it straight from the factory hot?
Old 04-21-2007, 05:23 PM
TDX

The comp was a drag box when new, but on my last truck i upgraded it .It definitly makes more heat. The regular comp seemed to be just as responsive on my old truck and power wise i never had it on the dyno.and didnt drag race the old truck until after the drag box so i have no concrete facts but it felt stronger for shure all the way to 3200 rpm .
Old 04-21-2007, 05:36 PM
TDX

I also did the apps reset procedure where you check the voltage on the orange/blue stripe wire and mine was around .430 and the tps had a .537 on the back sticker . So i adjusted it as close as i could get it to stay while tightening the screws.I did that this morning before unpluging the map. maybe thats where the extra power is coming from. still wondering if everybody gets the boost code after unpluging and just runs it like that. Because there was no check engine light to bug a guy.