Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Which is the best modification....

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2003, 11:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which is the best modification....

Which is the best one modification (or combination) that any of you have done to your drivetrain (24 valve specifically) to increase performance. <br><br>When I owned my '94, I never bombed it in any way, but know that I'm looking to buy a new-used Ram, 98.5 - '02, again, I am trying to get expert :P advice from anyone who has tried any of the many products out there or knows of any simple tuneups.<br><br>James
Old 06-23-2003, 01:01 PM

Re:Which is the best modification....

Best all around just wake up the engine and drive setup would be this <br><br>1)Gauges boost/pyro/Fuel Pressure<br>2)Edge EZ<br>3)RV 275 Injectors<br>4)maybe exhaust if you want and a better intake.
Old 06-23-2003, 01:34 PM

Sounds good, gauges will be my first exspense, I would like a 4 inch exhaust and how about the Puck compared to the Edge EZ? Their numbers seem pretty nice advertised.<br><br>I'm just looking for about 300 horses and would like to raise the torque up over 500. Sounds realistic to me.
Old 06-23-2003, 01:43 PM

Get the EZ its a better box and I don't think the puck has a boost fooler. If you want that little extra jamb later down the road get an edge comp and just leave the pump wire unhooked it will act like an EZ but give you in cab adjust. Most buy the EZ and replace it with a comp in a year anyways. I had a power puck nice addition but the EZ has lower EGT with the same power.
Old 06-23-2003, 02:14 PM

If its an automatic do the tranny! Then you are good for gauges, comp, injectors, and turbo. With this setup you can get 450 streetable/towable HP.<br><br>Doug
Old 06-23-2003, 02:21 PM

You yourself will have to make the decision all of us have. What do I want to do with my truck and what do I expect from it? For me I wanted all out street race I have it and am very happy and run with most everything around here. If you want to tow a trailer your needs will be different if you just want a mild upgrade to wake the engine up then you make the call. But I will warn you now if you get addicted easily then look out you are gonna be broke. Try to decide what you want first then we can do our best to save you money along the way instead of having a bench full of parts like I did that I tried to sell off at a loss later on.
Old 06-23-2003, 03:11 PM

You said you were looking for 300hp. You will get 250 - 280 out of an EZ and 275 RV injectors and have a very nice towing rig that should maintain less than 1200 EGT's and around 32 psi boost with a full load (HX35). This too is a peppy truck to drive. If you are not bothered by smoke then larger injectors will get you closer to 300 or above.<br><br>400+ hp can be had with Bully Dog IV's and an Edge Comp and a tranny/converter that will hold it. This will put a 7000 pound truck in the high 13's to low 14's.<br><br>Good Luck.
Old 06-24-2003, 12:04 AM

It will pull double duty as a daily driver and all around workhorse. My wife will keep track of my buying so that should curb any addicition it may cause.<br><br>As for the injectors, is it a pretty simple swap? I've never seen it done so I'm guessing.
Old 06-24-2003, 01:35 AM

My best Mod was Line-X the power is nice but the Line-X has been a God send. ;D<br><br>You can't go wrong with an EZ and DD3's in my book. Wish I'd have done it that way to start with. Oh yea toss a Scotty or a BHAF on there as well.<br><br>DB
Old 06-24-2003, 08:02 AM
Banned

Turbodiesel Ram,<br><br>Gauges then exhaust then the power makers items (EZ, Injectors etc) in that order. That way you know all the parameters of the enigne as it operates and have lowered the EGT's for the extra power when you add it.<br><br>Mark @ DPPI