Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

BD XXX Pulse 155hp Injectors

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 08:25 AM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glad they are working out for you Blue!!!
Old 09-08-2006, 12:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by signature600
Well then build twins already...sheesh I mean, what are you waiting on, a tranny??

Chris
Waiting on a tranny? You should know better than that by now.
Old 09-08-2006, 12:25 PM

Yeah...I guess I'm just jealous that you're having more fun than me. I need a tranny just so I can go above stock power...you're adding power to kill yours

I could do the same, but I'm only halfway to saving for mine...decisions, decisions
Chris
Old 09-08-2006, 12:39 PM
Banned

I'm half way as well. I woulda been closer but you gotta love unexpected expenses. Things such as injectors, t-stats, oil, filter cleaner, beer, food, rent.....

Hey, you've got a chevelle and I don't. I win the "who's more jealous" contest.

And yall wonder why I have so many posts.
Old 09-08-2006, 12:54 PM

Thanks for reminding me...I need to get the Chevelle out and fix the wiring. The garage seems to have a mouse problem. Last winter was tail lights, this summer was ignition The moth ***** aren't helping, either!

I got a new Edelbrock carb and intake to put on it too
Chris
Old 09-08-2006, 01:40 PM

BB.. you going to put it on the rollers in Houston???
If I get busy I might try out a few new toys while were down there...
Old 09-08-2006, 02:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
JDG - You get hard copy of when things are happening in Houston??
All their web site says is Sat & Sunday, Oct 14+15,2006??

They do list a Street Night... for friendly drag racing on Firday .
Old 09-08-2006, 03:13 PM
Banned

If we get there in time you better believe I'm gonna slap this puppy on the rollers. That's assuming I haven't blown the tranny by then.
Old 09-08-2006, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by inline6power
you will be very very impressed. my buddy has a 03 and just ordered a full DTT and boy oh boy. what a tranny. he has the HOT juice w/ tude and water meth. granted i beat him in the 1/4 by 3 truck lengths, his truck shifts AMAZINGLY. just like mine

I know that these trannys are awesome, but dont think that they are indestructable, I smoked mine in the matter of seconds last weekend at the track on the very first run, she is now in the process of getting rebuilt and it is not going to be cheap. Be careful!!!!!
Old 09-08-2006, 11:02 PM
Banned

How in the world did you smoke a full billet DTT? Not saying it's impossible, just saying it's the first I've heard of. My buddy has one and he abuses the ever living snot out of it (locked shifts, power brakes, boosted launches) and has been for 30k+ and it's running great. I'm curious as to how you did it.
Old 09-08-2006, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by rjohnson
JDG - You get hard copy of when things are happening in Houston??
All their web site says is Sat & Sunday, Oct 14+15,2006??

They do list a Street Night... for friendly drag racing on Firday .
No I haven't hear or seen a time schedule.. but I'll see if I can find out any info...
Bryan
Old 09-09-2006, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by BigBlue
How in the world did you smoke a full billet DTT? Not saying it's impossible, just saying it's the first I've heard of. My buddy has one and he abuses the ever living snot out of it (locked shifts, power brakes, boosted launches) and has been for 30k+ and it's running great. I'm curious as to how you did it.

I smoked it at the track, I was very shocked to say the least. I staged the first light, started building boost and crept to get the second light staged. Had the second light staged, the lights dropped and i let of the brake and flatted footed it and got nothing except alot of black smoke and no go. It finally left the line in second gear. Trans temp was not even at 180*. When the tranny was built, it was built for 500hp with all billet shafts, which was just about where i was at. I dont know, maybe my truck is making more power then i thought. Untill this event, the tranny had not given me any problems, well one, not shifting out of first once in a great while but that was just a speed sensor, common problem.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:42 AM
DTR Advertiser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
On our 02 with a Drag comp, twins, 155s and Stage II water meth we made 620hp. I would say the 155s do what they are supposed to. The Buddahs are in a different family all together. They are made by Buddah and FLOW TONNES of fuel. That is why there is the smoke. The hp numbers on the Buddahs are actually a little low as to what they advertise. We ran a set of his "big" injectors a few years ago and our 01 with twins no box just injectors did 435hp. And yes they smoked too.
Old 01-05-2007, 05:39 PM
Banned

Very interesting. Now all I need is twins and water/meth and I'll be playing with the big boys.
Old 01-05-2007, 07:22 PM
Muted User

I have had the BD 155's for years now on my truck. I cant say I understand people saying they idle rough or start slow. Unless there is something different about the BD 155's they got and I got. My truck starts instantly and idles just perfectly. The only thing you will notice is a slight overshoot of the idle control when the a/c compressor kicks on and off. Thats it. It actually soudns kind of neat, cause the engine snaps so quick from the load change. Other than that there is no difference whatsoever on idle quality. And they burn clean as can be with boost up, a light haze in my case, and I only have the little 35.. Without boost of course you can make the coal roll.... but that's what happens when you are adding fuel and you dont have enough combustion air to go with it, I dont care what injector brand you run....

Kp

Quick Reply: BD XXX Pulse 155hp Injectors