Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Attn:SMR shift kit installers...

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2005, 05:19 PM
GSP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Attn:SMR shift kit installers...

SMR shift kit guys. Did you drill your plate holes like it says in the instructions? Just the 2 big 3/16 holes for 2-3 shift... Does it shift too hard for a diesel with 3/16 holes? How does your truck shift ? Im thinkijng of going alittle smaller with those 2 3/16 holes.

Also did your kit come with a extra valve that is not mentioned in the instructions?? Looks like a switch valve.

Rick
Old 10-10-2005, 12:01 PM

If it is a switch valve,

And you use it, I would like to buy your old one. I put in the Trans Go kit and I made too deep a cut in my switch valve. Now my converter drains down over night and causes a leak at my pan.

-Dave
Old 10-10-2005, 12:11 PM

Thumbs up

I followed the instructions and drilled the 2 3/16 holes. 2/3 shift is firm, but not harse. My kit had the extra valve not mentioned in the instructions, forget which valve it is. Overall, I like the kit, now time for a TC.

*Note: Adjust the throttle cable bracket while in park.
Old 10-10-2005, 10:44 PM
GSP

OOps! Yea its the switch valve... I forgot . Glad I found the seperate instruction sheet for it. Its the Valve to prevent throwing computer codes because of higher pressure...Got er in ! !

Got the shift kit done . And test drove. I drilled all the holes in the plate ,3/16 too. I like it, not too hard of shifts at all .

The only thing I didnot do was grind the throtle valve and Im glad I didnt. I didnt want higher rpm shifts. My shifts went up in rpm alittle because I used the new throttle valve spring. not bad at all though. I set my pressure at .275 alittle more than .260 but not all the way to .310.

I had the the transgo instructions and compared the 2 kits. I like the SMR kit...Now I need a tight TC !

GTSDAVE the SMR kit has 2 switch valves , the one in the transgo kit has you grind a little angle cut on the valve thats in your vp , the smr kit has a redesigned valve for that one and the other switch valve is to prevent codes. The transgo instuctins I have dont have the second anti code valve.
Rick