Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Anyone in upstate NY/VT with built trans?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 01:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone with Goerend built trans?

I just had a Goerend built trans installed locally. I'm not sure it feels correct, and it's difficult to describe over the phone with them. They are very willing to continue working with me, but it would help to see what another built trans feels like.
Lockup in 3rd and OD are very firm. shifts 1-2, and 2-3 are very soft. Doesn't change between light throttle and wide open. The shop talked with them on the phone , checked pressures and voltages, re-checked tv cable, and the install sounds good.
Any help appreciated
Old 05-16-2011, 08:19 AM

Ok, if no one's local, can anyone describe their Goerend trans? I have a triple disc TC, lowered stall 300-500, with their valve body running 75psi at idle, and 125psi WOT.
It really feels like it's going to break something when it locks up. Even at light throttle, it makes the whole truck jump. Goerend says we can turn down the pressure on the VB, but I already can't feel the 1-2 or 2-3 shifts at all, even at full throttle. These shifts are softer than stock. I expected the shifts to be firmer, and lockup to be smoother. So, is it normal for lockup to be so much more violent than the other shifts, or is something not right here?
thanks for any help.
Old 05-18-2011, 04:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When I first had mine done the shift from 1-2 was really firm.. Id get a kick in the pants. Also the shift from park to drive made the truck lurch and was probably hard on the universals. Idle speed plays into that a bit.
Does goerend say that soft shifts in the lower gears are normal? My trans has about 60k on it now and its not shifting as firmly on the lower gears. Trans shop says its a 'spring that does that', so it sounds easy to change.
I drive up to bradford, VT once in awhile, but I dunno if that helps you out. Usually when Im out in NY state its on two wheels not four. Nice riding =p
Old 05-18-2011, 10:03 PM

well i don't have a Goerend but i do have some work done to my tranny and 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd are good firm shifts and then 3rd into overdrive is a real kick in the pants if your into the pedal a little. It actually surprised me a little when i first drove the truck after the transmission work was done. I was told by a tranny guy that good firm shifts are what you want but i don't know if that applies to all transmissions. I would keep working with goerend and trust them i have been told they are a good reliable company and i think i will end up going with them when i upgrade to a fully built transmission.
Old 05-20-2011, 04:32 PM

thanks for responding. Monday morning, Craig from Goerend will help me troubleshoot over the phone. I am sure now that something isn't right. Hopefully we find it.