Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

anyone from the SD, MN, IA area familiar with a GSK?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 11:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone from the SD, MN, IA area familiar with a GSK?

well after the last dyno pull, and seeing my torque curve, i realized i need a few more RPM's out of my truck so i have decided to do a 3K gsk kit on my truck
i have gone through all the instructions and i am pretty sure i can figure it out but me being the way i am, i always like to have a little help from someone who has done one or two before
SOOO if anyone from around here know how to do some governor springs and is willing to take part of an afternoon off to help me, i would be more than grateful
i am from sioux falls, SD but for any of you the live near here, its pretty close to the iowa and minnesota borders and only about an hour north of nebraska
let me know either by posting back here or email me at MrStarnes1@aol.com
once again, i thank you guys in advance!
-Josh
Old 03-26-2006, 11:31 PM

nice to see ya come over here from pavementsucks.com. this is cummins freak from over there
Old 03-27-2006, 08:27 PM

i have been here for a month or two on and off, just never really post much
-Josh
Old 03-27-2006, 10:21 PM

Josh;
Nice meeting you at Mike's.
Wooped Ben on the dyno and still looking for more?

GSK is probably the best overall driveability mod for a 12 valve Cummins. Really tough on a stock auto trans. Forgot to ask if you have an improved trans.

Turbo? GSK need air!

I did the GSK on three (3) of the trucks at Mike's on Saturday. JJW's was the first along with mine about 4 years ago. I did Jeff's a couple years ago at the dyno day in Ramsey (Twin Cities), None of them ran the dyno on Saturday.

Your truck is one of the easier to install GSK and get the setting correct

Hopefully, Josh will have another work party this spring after BWW get together.

BTW, added you email address to the newsletter list.
Old 03-28-2006, 03:06 PM

hey john, thanks for the email
as far as my truck goes, there isnt much left stock (including the head gasket as of last night )
i had dave goerend build me an auto in early jan, and i had just installed a WH1C hybrid turbo like 3 days before the dyno so that hopefully shouldnt be a problem as far as flowing some air.
i am going to be going back and forth to the twin cities the next couple months, most of them are overnight trips so maybe possibly we could meet up and you could give me a hand in doing my truck
and help me out, i remember your name, but i cant put a face with you from the dyno pulls
-Josh
Old 03-28-2006, 07:17 PM

I ran around with the note pad getting the mods listed and dyno results listed on the wall.
Denise & I did most of the food work.
I served hot buttered rum off my cookstove over by Mean Green (sled).

Next time we meet my red-brown winter beard will be gone. The greying hair on top of my head will still be there (better gray than nay?).

I remember the modified WH1C turbo, but not the size of the comp side or the wastegate side.

I got my Goerend rebuild in May or June of 2003.
I got head studs and a new gasket (at Mike's) a year ago.
Old 03-28-2006, 07:24 PM

....ya know i saw a cheap GSK conversion that can be done with just a 1/2" washer.......might want to look into it! BUT that wont help you since you got the kit already. Easy to do.....just take your time. IF you want some help....PM me and i will walk you through it....
Old 03-28-2006, 09:23 PM

alright, i remember you now, i wasnt sure if you were the one hooking up the trucks on the dyno or the guy writing down all the mods and numbers put up
the turbo is a 60cm comp wheel with a banks big head wastegate and a 14cm exhaust IIRC either way, i cant seem to hit much over 1200 with this turbo and water/meth injection combo
i will just talk with you more through emails rather than tie this board up, but maybe if you are willing to give me a hand one of these times i am up north, that would be awesome
-Josh