Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Another lift question

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2016, 07:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another lift question

Ok so I'm* about ready to lift* my truck a little bit.My 97 club cab longbed 3/4 12 valve I would like 3 or 4 inches & be leveld.I think it's 3 inches* where* you get to having to change* control* arms etc. It has 3:54 gears so gonna run 35s.I have some* 37s on 22s but not gonna run em looking to trade off* I think 37s is too much for that gear ratio & if I'm not mistaken* 35s is about as big as I can go with those gears.
********* Anyways I'm* on my 3rd dodge my 24 valve* is up* next but my 1st one I threw a body lift on & a 2.5 has leveling kit with 35s&liked it.The bl didn't* look bad & had more room in the bay.Well I know lifts aren't cheap but what's the best way to gain 4 inches & be leveld.I would* appreciate any help.This truck* isn't* going off road just* like being up a little higher out here in the country incase I go off the road every one has a ditch &my property is big & has a lot of ups&downs.So what's* the best budget friendly* way to do 4 in & leveled?
******** I'VE read countless threads & most people ended up going 3.But I'm* set on 4" 5" @ most.Thanks fellas.
Old 05-14-2016, 10:12 PM

Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts
Probly a skyjacker, they always seemed to be cheaper when I was lookin around..
Old 05-15-2016, 08:34 AM

Received 2,394 Likes on 1,577 Posts
It was hard to read /understand your thread with all the *** thrown in randomly.

But I will try it...

Leveling kits for 2nd* gen Dodges are usually 2* inches and* they are just a spacer* that goes over the* coil spring.
Should be enough *for 35 inch* tires* as long as* you don't go too wide* on the rim *choice.*

*******4 inches of lift* in the front only *will* make the truck sit *nose high* even ***un-loaded.***
At *4 inches* you are* looking at a *lift* kit for the *front and back.*****
I have* had good* luck with **Skyjacker** lifts* over the years.**

Hope that helps.
Old 05-15-2016, 09:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by oliver foster
It was hard to read /understand your thread with all the *** thrown in randomly.

But I will try it...

Leveling kits for 2nd* gen Dodges are usually 2* inches and* they are just a spacer* that goes over the* coil spring.
Should be enough *for 35 inch* tires* as long as* you don't go too wide* on the rim *choice.*

*******4 inches of lift* in the front only *will* make the truck sit *nose high* even ***un-loaded.***
At *4 inches* you are* looking at a *lift* kit for the *front and back.*****
I have* had good* luck with **Skyjacker** lifts* over the years.**

Hope that helps.
Yeah I read it looks crazy.I suck @ typing,punctuation &I have bad adhd.Anyways.I've ran a 2.5 leveling kit on my 1st dodge I'm basically trying to see what small kit or options I have to run a leveling kit with a rear lift so I will set level.Am I correct on thinking 3"is the highest I can go without having to change slot of stuff,like control arms&such?I was hoping to add 3 to the back with maybe 3 inch bigger coils with the 2'spacer.But from the lifts I'm looking@It dosnt seem that simple. Might just go the route of my 1st truck&modify a 3 inch body lift &a leveling kit.I know guy's bash em,but it looked good on my 95 nobodever pointed out it was a bl the frame barley showed&I liked the extra space in the engine bay.
I'D much rather have a full suspension lift but the smplitcty of the bl seems to sound good so I don't have to change a bunch of stuff out to get the height&look I want seeings I'm not gonna be off roading just a dd.Then I can invest the cash in a 6"lift on my 24 valve.