Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Aftermarket front bumpers..

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 11:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aftermarket front bumpers..

I currently have a Ranch Hand bumper on the back of my truck coated with Line-X..

I have killed 2 stock front bumpers so far with random incidents.

Anyone have any suggestions for a TOUGH front bumper? Possibly something with a receiver hitch so I can hang weights at the pulls.

Lets see some suggestions if possible. I'd like to stay close to $500-$700 if possible. I could probably drive some distance to get one if needed.

Thanks!
Old 02-04-2006, 02:51 PM
JAX

Check out Reunel Bumpers: http://www.reunel.com/

They're a little more than you want to spend, but I gaurantee thier performance. These things are SOOOO strong. The brush guard on these that wrap around the headlights is made out of SOLID STEEL, not tubing. These bumpers weigh in around 600 pounds. But if you live in Deer country, or like to play bumper tag with your friends (lol), than this is the bumper for you.
Old 02-04-2006, 03:19 PM

have you looked at the ranchhand bumpers yet their frount bumpers come with a reciver
Old 02-04-2006, 09:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JAX
Check out Reunel Bumpers: http://www.reunel.com/

They're a little more than you want to spend, but I gaurantee thier performance. These things are SOOOO strong. The brush guard on these that wrap around the headlights is made out of SOLID STEEL, not tubing. These bumpers weigh in around 600 pounds. But if you live in Deer country, or like to play bumper tag with your friends (lol), than this is the bumper for you.

I don't think I would want to add 600 lbs. to an already overloaded frontend.

Nearly every pick-up accessory shop in Texas either sells a Ranch Hand or a knock-off. The knock-offs are usually just as good or better in many instances. I am sure shipping would kill you, but maybe you could swing a drive down south to check out the great weather and pick up a new bumper.

There was a tread on aftermarket front end replacement bumpers a few weeks ago started by AggiePhil I believe. Many options were discussed. Good luck on your search.
Old 02-04-2006, 10:23 PM

Here's the post mkubacak was talking about:
https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...ad.php?t=88024
I agree, the Reunel's are cool, so are the Road Armors, but a bit too expensive for me. I like the DOR (Denver Off Road) like what Phox has on his rig. $500-$700 would be worthwhile I think.
Old 02-04-2006, 11:12 PM

take a look at my frt bumper....hang all plow hardware from it...made from 12'' C-channel....
Old 02-05-2006, 12:26 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bobcat, this is my 3rd gen with a Ranch Hand Legend Series (winch ready). They make a stout bumper made out of schedule 40 pipe. This one supposedly weighs 305lbs w/o the winch. I got it at a Ranch Hand wholesale place here in the Dallas Metroplex as a "scratch and dent" and saved a few bucks. They make nice RH's for the 2nd gen too. Hope that helps.

BTW, they come with the a 2'' receiver tube standard. The Bull Nose RH also is a nice bumper made out of the same pipe, but does not have the full grill guard.
Old 02-05-2006, 12:34 AM
Banned

Boy get that 3rd gen back where it belongs and let the real truck men discuss these types of things.

For a stout bumper, you can't get much better than a ranchhand. I've seen those things take on brick walls and not even get a dent in them.
Old 02-05-2006, 01:15 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BigBlue
Boy get that 3rd gen back where it belongs and let the real truck men discuss these types of things.

At least my wimpy 3rd gen NON-man's truck didn't have to get pulled out of a itty bitty little ditch by a half-ton Ferd....LOL....

Click here http://www.riegerweb.com/Nortex_DTR.htm
Old 02-05-2006, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by Bobcat698
I have killed 2 stock front bumpers so far with random incidents.

Anyone have any suggestions for a TOUGH front bumper? Possibly something with a receiver hitch so I can hang weights at the pulls.

Lets see some suggestions if possible. I'd like to stay close to $500-$700 if possible. I could probably drive some distance to get one if needed.
Thanks!
For that price.. better take a winter vacation to Mexico. See 12valves comments here....
https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...ad.php?t=82875
The money you save will pay for the trip!

RJ
Old 02-05-2006, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by BigBlue

For a stout bumper, you can't get much better than a ranchhand. I've seen those things take on brick walls and not even get a dent in them.

I have mexican made

ive hit soem stuff with it before, and all i can say is poor stuff lol!!

Tx