Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Adrenaline Surge Updates

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 11:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by scottsjeeprolet
... I would have gotten rid of the AD but the features of the Pulse keep me from doing that.
Ditto! The Pulse....... and the 30 more hp with less smoke I get with the Adrenaline that I never had with my Smarty/TST Comp.
Just a bit frustrating to have to drive around all day on PL00 after over 9 months of Beta testing.

RJ
Old 08-27-2008, 12:09 PM
Banned

The only problem I have...the throttle pedal needs to be more linear. My truck pops at 2500rpm with steady pedal [about 3/4] in my truck. My brothers truck does it at 3000rpm [steady pedal]. My other friends truck does it at 1700rpm with steady pedal. I think its a TPS signal that needs to be adjusted to be more linear. All these trucks didn't do it before the latest updates. I'm not complaining though, edge never got me to 4k rpm.
Old 08-27-2008, 01:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yea i love my adr too. the only thing i aint real happy about is the surging problem. i think this is what surgin is but when im on the interstate cruising i am jus barely in the throttle, jus enough to keep it constant speed and if i am on anything higher than 5 is bucks and everything, like its going from full power to no power. like the throttle is too touchy, guess that is what j lent is talking about the throttle needs to be more linear, not as aggressive right at the touch of the pedal. but idk, jus my 2 cents.

love the adr, and am confident quad will get em worked out!!
Old 08-27-2008, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by RowJ
Ditto! The Pulse....... and the 30 more hp with less smoke I get with the Adrenaline that I never had with my Smarty/TST Comp.
Just a bit frustrating to have to drive around all day on PL00 after over 9 months of Beta testing.

RJ
Have you tried the 1000b? I am really liking it. Got first place with it last Sat. on pl06. Its smooth and consistent but a little lazy on the bottom. Quad I would love a 2000B if at all possible. The only thing I can get it to do wrong is the wide open throttle back off to 3/4 stutter that they do.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by J Lent
The only problem I have...the throttle pedal needs to be more linear. My truck pops at 2500rpm with steady pedal [about 3/4] in my truck. My brothers truck does it at 3000rpm [steady pedal]. My other friends truck does it at 1700rpm with steady pedal. I think its a TPS signal that needs to be adjusted to be more linear. All these trucks didn't do it before the latest updates. I'm not complaining though, edge never got me to 4k rpm.
I'm just glad to hear that I'm not the only one with this happening...I was getting ready to replace my vp. The truck has been down for two weeks, so no using the new updates yet...but I soldered a connection to the vp this time in case that was the problem.

Mine is a pretty bad surging, almost violent. To the point that I can't cruise at 70 with the adr on. This was with 75hp injectors as well.
Definitely not coverter shuddering.
Hope this gets fixed or I'm going to have to put the juice/attitude back on.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by braxton357
I'm just glad to hear that I'm not the only one with this happening...I was getting ready to replace my vp. The truck has been down for two weeks, so no using the new updates yet...but I soldered a connection to the vp this time in case that was the problem.

Mine is a pretty bad surging, almost violent. To the point that I can't cruise at 70 with the adr on. This was with 75hp injectors as well.
Definitely not coverter shuddering.
Hope this gets fixed or I'm going to have to put the juice/attitude back on.

Does yours surge on Level 1 or 2?
Old 08-27-2008, 07:54 PM

2 yes, I'm not sure that I even tried one. I tried the comp tune, 3k, and 2ka...same results.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:30 PM

Just found this thread. Will be testing the new tunes in the morning. Towed my 9-10k pound camper this weekend and it surged BAD on PL2 and over. PL1, no issues. Surging is still bad driving around town. It only does it once in lockup at certain RPM's. I'm starting to suspect TC and/or fluid but I'll test this in the morning just in case, and will be reporting back.

Shawn
Old 08-27-2008, 08:42 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by xtoyz17
Just found this thread. Will be testing the new tunes in the morning. Towed my 9-10k pound camper this weekend and it surged BAD on PL2 and over. PL1, no issues. Surging is still bad driving around town. It only does it once in lockup at certain RPM's. I'm starting to suspect TC and/or fluid but I'll test this in the morning just in case, and will be reporting back.

Shawn
It's not your TC or all of us have bad ones. It's the AD. If it was the TC i couldn't throttle out of the surge without the TC slipping. The 1000b tune did help very little. Not impressed, just waiting for more updates.
Old 08-28-2008, 03:40 AM
Banned

Tried the Adr1000B tune tonight but then I slipped my clutch.... Guess its time for a South Bend
Old 09-01-2008, 09:30 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
The 1000B works pretty good for me. It surges once in awhile and barely noticeable.
Old 09-01-2008, 09:38 PM
Banned

I figured some things out with this surging issue & wanted to post my findings. I was getting surging at 3/4 throttle, very rough surging, hard to drive around. I downloaded the 1000 file & drove around for a day. I then loaded the comp file [not comp1] & the surge was completely gone, smooth as glass. I loaded the comp1 file & got very light surging at 2500rpm on PL07 & up. I found that my box just needed reset or something, but look at my video in my sig, smooth as glass!!!!! I have the old video, before doing this reset procedure. It shuttered like mad.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:53 AM
Banned

Yup ive still got surge on Level 1 and Above
Old 09-02-2008, 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by J Lent
I figured some things out with this surging issue & wanted to post my findings. I was getting surging at 3/4 throttle, very rough surging, hard to drive around. I downloaded the 1000 file & drove around for a day. I then loaded the comp file [not comp1] & the surge was completely gone, smooth as glass. I loaded the comp1 file & got very light surging at 2500rpm on PL07 & up. I found that my box just needed reset or something, but look at my video in my sig, smooth as glass!!!!! I have the old video, before doing this reset procedure. It shuttered like mad.
Which 1000 file did you use? I just put the 1000b on mine and its worse than the new comp tune.
Old 09-02-2008, 06:26 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ahire
Which 1000 file did you use? I just put the 1000b on mine and its worse than the new comp tune.
Standard 1000 file, not beta.

Quick Reply: Adrenaline Surge Updates