Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Adrenaline Beta Testers - Phase 3

Old 07-26-2008, 06:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wurkenman
Did you save the tune you had made? Mine would only go up 3 power levels the first time I used it, but after I saved my default file it worked normally. Have had no trouble since I saved the file.
Numerous times. I saved the "Default settings", after I loaded them to all 3 profiles. Loaded any of the three profiles and still have the issues.

Like I said in a few posts up. I spoke to Will and he verified it's a bug, and him and I walked through every idea he could come up with and mine still had the resetting issues. It's just something that will be there til a software update comes. In the meantime it's still cool as heck, I just can't turn my truck off and/or go into the menus again
Old 07-26-2008, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by wurkenman
Did you save the tune you had made? Mine would only go up 3 power levels the first time I used it, but after I saved my default file it worked normally. Have had no trouble since I saved the file.
Yep tried saving tunes in multiple sequence, but none seem to hold the tune after a shutdown
Old 07-26-2008, 10:09 AM
Chapter President

It was just a thought. Mine works perfect so far.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:01 PM

How's everyone doing with these so far? I still haven't done anything, the bug in the software is pretty prohibitive, but I'd love to hear everyone else's feedback
Old 07-29-2008, 03:40 PM

I've already gone back to ADR2000... Can't deal with the bugs... Waiting for a fix...

From the playing I did it looked promising, but I cant reset the box every time I start the truck!
Old 07-29-2008, 04:09 PM

I figured the issue out. It is two fold, one is user error but, that user error is caused by terrible wording in the menus.

Essentially we have 2 different "defaults" and they both do different things.

In the parameters list at the bottom there is a "factory default" selection. Using this is the only way to go back to the tune you had loaded.

In the profiles there is also a "default" profile which is just stupid. The default profile is really a "current settings file".

So what was happening is you would go into profile 1 and it would be all zeroes or whatever it was showing. You guys would realize that is not what you want and go back and load the "default" profile and possibly save it.

The problem is that by saving to the default yu simply just saved all the zeroes and stuff you did not want to save.

Long story short, we are changing all of that. There was too much saving in the background that you were not seeing and it is too hard to explain so I just spent a couple of hours simplifying the whole process and made it a LOT simpler.

Update should be out by tomorrow afternoon and it will be a LOT simpler!
Old 07-29-2008, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by bnold
I've already gone back to ADR2000... Can't deal with the bugs... Waiting for a fix...

From the playing I did it looked promising, but I cant reset the box every time I start the truck!
That's the same position I'm in right now, and I agree it looks very promising. I'm really looking forward to using the ADR2K with the tuning capabilities. Get the same low-end and maybe tune the surging out also!

Anyone else having better luck?
Old 07-29-2008, 05:12 PM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by qzilla
I figured the issue out. It is two fold, one is user error but, that user error is caused by terrible wording in the menus.

Essentially we have 2 different "defaults" and they both do different things.

In the parameters list at the bottom there is a "factory default" selection. Using this is the only way to go back to the tune you had loaded.

In the profiles there is also a "default" profile which is just stupid. The default profile is really a "current settings file".

So what was happening is you would go into profile 1 and it would be all zeroes or whatever it was showing. You guys would realize that is not what you want and go back and load the "default" profile and possibly save it.

The problem is that by saving to the default yu simply just saved all the zeroes and stuff you did not want to save.

Long story short, we are changing all of that. There was too much saving in the background that you were not seeing and it is too hard to explain so I just spent a couple of hours simplifying the whole process and made it a LOT simpler.

Update should be out by tomorrow afternoon and it will be a LOT simpler!
Hey I have no problem with it being my fault!

Looking forward to the update
Old 07-29-2008, 05:17 PM
Chapter President

I saved a few settings in the default file and so far when I go back and load the default program all of my settings are there. I saved afile with 14 power levels so I know its there when I bring it back. Just started out with middle of the range settings so far.
Old 07-31-2008, 03:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Recieved updates...along with Pulse v1.3.2.
Small question.... can we use ADR2000 with this version like we could with v1.3.0. Assume so...just checking.

Going to track tomorrow and want to do an 'apples to apples' test with new cam. Need old 2000 tune (not 2000a) to do that. Also hope to play with new custom tuning.

'Bnold' ... Please figure out all this new stuff, so you can educate me at the track.

RJ
Old 07-31-2008, 04:13 PM

Yes, you can use the 1.3.2 with any tune but, you will only be able to custom tune with the special adrenaline update I sent with your serial number for now.

If you read the new instructions it mentions this and it mentions why it is like this for now!
Old 07-31-2008, 04:49 PM

Holy hell, I'm in love! Seems like everytime my right foot settles down and mileage comes back up something new comes out to play with. I took the stock tune, added 2* timing, and raised pump stretch to 1800. All I can say is WOW at the difference. I can smoke on command, it's way more responsive, and I don't seem to have surging.

Quad, is there any way you could tell us the "Factory" settings for the varying tunes, either publicly or through email? I'd like to start with a 2k tune and tweak to eliminate surging, or even the COMP tune for that matter.

Better yet, what setting was it in the COMP and 2K tunes that were causing surging in some trucks?

Thanks,
One happy SOB
Old 07-31-2008, 04:56 PM

All I can say is WOW at the difference. I can smoke on command, it's way more responsive, and I don't seem to have surging.

And you want to keep jacking with it because???????

Quad, is there any way you could tell us the "Factory" settings for the varying tunes, either publicly or through email? I'd like to start with a 2k tune and tweak to eliminate surging, or even the COMP tune for that matter.

Better yet, what setting was it in the COMP and 2K tunes that were causing surging in some trucks?
Yes, we are trying to decide how we are going to do all of that but, yes it is going to be available pretty soon.

The surging is created by jacking with the TPS Min and Max functions. Start bringing the max % down and the min % up. You can make the truck literally jump out of its skin quickly but, unless it is just 100% for your particular truck it is going to surge at some point.
Old 07-31-2008, 04:58 PM

Here is something to try.

On the TPS Pump MAX start backing it down to say 70 or less. This won't affect PL01 or PL02 but, as you go from 100 down you will see that the throttle response comes up very quickly. Play with it, find a setting you like and then go turn the TPS Pump min up to 10-20% and see what happens.

Another quick note is that any MAX Pump Stretch loose power up high in the rpms, gains torque and smokes like a coal fire. You want smoke, jack it up to 2200 or so.
Old 07-31-2008, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by qzilla
Here is something to try.

On the TPS Pump MAX start backing it down to say 70 or less. This won't affect PL01 or PL02 but, as you go from 100 down you will see that the throttle response comes up very quickly. Play with it, find a setting you like and then go turn the TPS Pump min up to 10-20% and see what happens.

Another quick note is that any MAX Pump Stretch loose power up high in the rpms, gains torque and smokes like a coal fire. You want smoke, jack it up to 2200 or so.
I noticed that. At 1800 the mid-range and top end die off, but the low-end is much snappier and as soon as the TC hits lock-up I can make it smoke with little effort.

...and I wanna jack with it because I can It's like sending a fat kid into a candy shop and expecting him to stop after eating the first shelf clean...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Adrenaline Beta Testers - Phase 3