Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Adrenaline Beta Testers - Phase 3

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 05:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm all for messing with it obviously, I just did not know if you were trying to make something particular happen?

Is this version easier to use as far as the interface is concerned?
Old 07-31-2008, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by qzilla
I'm all for messing with it obviously, I just did not know if you were trying to make something particular happen?

Is this version easier to use as far as the interface is concerned?
Nothing specifically. Just see how responsive/fast I can get the truck without the surging I experience in the more aggressive tunes. To date, the COMP tune is the best running on my truck but on the 10 miles commute back and forth between my fiancee's house I get whip lash from all the bucking.

As far as interface, I'd say it's ten times easier. The biggest plus is seeing what tune you're on when you're looking at the gauges. Aside from that, it's nice having "save tune" in the same menu as the parameters. Little changes make big differences, for sure.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:20 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Quad, I've been waiting to load the new stuff until after the sled pull on Tuesday, because I know this comp tune is absolutely perfect on my truck & I don't want to mess things up. If I were to update it now, is there a way to load the comp tune in the Pulse the way it is? Then I can make other custom tunes from that point?
Old 07-31-2008, 07:40 PM

You can load whatever tune you want into the Adrenaline and the Pulse will work with it even with ver 1.3.2

You can ONLY custom tune the special file I sent you with your serial number.

So if you wanted to update it, play with it and then before the pull go back to the COMP tune then you can do that easily.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:47 PM
BBA

Quad I didnt get the pulse when you offered it and now im really wishing i would have. Can I still get it at the beta tester price?
Old 07-31-2008, 08:04 PM
Banned

You can load whatever tune you want into the Adrenaline and the Pulse will work with it even with ver 1.3.2

So if you wanted to update it, play with it and then before the pull go back to the COMP tune then you can do that easily.
So, will I have to download the Pulse again before switching back to comp tune? Meaning if I were to load the new update into the pulse now, will I need to go back to the old file [Pulse] to use the comp tune or will it still work, just won't be able to adjust timing/fueling etc. With the comp loaded.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:14 PM

From here on out, all you have to do is just load whatever tune into the adrenaline that you want. The only one that will have custom tuning is the ADR tune that was sent named as your serial number.

If you load a tune that doesn't have custom tuning enabled you'll be able to click "custom tuning" but it will take you nowheres.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by xtoyz17
From here on out, all you have to do is just load whatever tune into the adrenaline that you want. The only one that will have custom tuning is the ADR tune that was sent named as your serial number.

If you load a tune that doesn't have custom tuning enabled you'll be able to click "custom tuning" but it will take you nowheres.
Thanks, exactly what I wanted to hear. I am gonna remove the Pulse & try to update it again. Quad walked me through the installer ini & It should work now. I just haven't done it because I thought the comp1 tune wouldn't work with the updated Pulse.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:30 PM
JIT

Quad, I have my Pulse Updated. I just havent recieved the email with my serial number adjustable tune. Can you or justin contact me please?

jfoster@yaleflorida.com

Thanks,
Josh
Old 08-01-2008, 12:17 PM

Just an idea, which I know some would like and some would despise. The ability to "rename" tunes, so that instead of Tune1 or Tune2 maybe you'd have "Default" "Towing" and "Strip", or something.
Old 08-01-2008, 01:47 PM

Anyone else lost IAT readout with the new Pulse Software? I can't get it to work anymore!
Also having trouble locking in the Tire Correction Speed readout. Both worked well with v1.2.8??

RJ
Old 08-01-2008, 02:54 PM

I too lost the IAT reading.. now reads -40... I have not loaded the new pulse and adrenaline software yet so maybe this was fixed then...
Old 08-01-2008, 05:08 PM

I loaded both new...and have both readings working fine. Wonder if it's new pulse software + old adrenaline software not playing well?
Old 08-01-2008, 05:32 PM

Whether you get the IAT reading is Adrenaline tune based and has nothing to do with the Pulse.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:39 PM
Banned

He said this, then I asked the question again. What a D.A. I am. Sorry Quad.
Originally Posted by J Lent
So, will I have to download the Pulse again before switching back to comp tune? Meaning if I were to load the new update into the pulse now, will I need to go back to the old file [Pulse] to use the comp tune or will it still work, just won't be able to adjust timing/fueling etc. With the comp loaded.

Quick Reply: Adrenaline Beta Testers - Phase 3