Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Adrenaline Beta Testers - Phase 3

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 10:27 PM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got the updates. Hope to get some play time tomorrow. Work interferes with the fun stuff
Old 07-23-2008, 10:50 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by hink
U a dummy Jamie. Let us know how it works out.
I've stil got a turbo, BD manifold, 4" exhaust and a 7" stack layin here that I haven't had time to put on yet .
Fixed it for ya!
Old 07-24-2008, 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by qzilla
..Can you not re-download the Pulse back to 1.28 or 1.29?
Tried with no success? Can no longer get the computer to recognize the pulse as hooked up...let along install updates ?? Probably something on my end but I had it working before?

RJ
Old 07-24-2008, 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by hink
This is the same problem you had way back when you first got ur Pulse. You have screen 1 and 2 mixed up. Screen 1 is always default. Just change all ur parameters from 1 to 2 and vice versa and you'll be good to go.

I've been workin 12-14 hrs. a day and haven't had time to update to the custom tuning. Sounds like this is a good thing though, I'll let all you guys figure out the problems so I can just download it and be done with it.
Different, I think. Before I sent my pulse in for updates it never defaulted to any screen. It stayed at what it was on. Also, it's done it through two updates now and I find it unlikely that I switched to display two both times to set my main parameters (boost, egt, trans, fp). What was happening prior was that I didn't realize display one was whatever screen you were on and I'd be setting display one when I had it on display two when I entered the menus. Regardless, told Quad about it and if it's because I'm an idiot we'll know soon enough

Used the tuning a bit last night, found some quirks, but Quad got me set-up so this morning is round two for me. Wish me luck
Old 07-24-2008, 11:08 AM

Ok, I think we might know the issue.

As we speak they are putting up a file called PreInstaller.exe on the Pulse update page.

If you are having issues download this file and run it. It is a silent install and it looks like nothing happens but, we reload the drivers on the computer in the right places.

Once this is done you should not get the "cannot find module" error some of you are seeing.

RowJ, you should try this if you can.
Old 07-24-2008, 06:24 PM

I loaded the updates to the Pulse and Adrenaline yesterday evening... Worked fine (dont know what to change or tinker with yet... need to further educate myself on what to expect from different changes first.. Hmmm quad how about a "tune it yourself" for Dummies? ), but on the second restart the pulse now flashes defueling.. All defueling parameters are set to off...

Any ideas? A simple restart of truck did not fix, will unplug unit and start over...
Old 07-24-2008, 07:12 PM

Went and unplugged the adrenaline and the pulse and defueling notice went away...

Loaded the "default" tune and noticed most of the parameters still read 0?
and the others at the minimum of their range.

I was under the impression that the default range would still show its parameters to use as a baseline for making changes... Is this the case?
Old 07-24-2008, 08:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by qzilla
Ok, I think we might know the issue.

As we speak they are putting up a file called PreInstaller.exe on the Pulse update page.

If you are having issues download this file and run it. It is a silent install and it looks like nothing happens but, we reload the drivers on the computer in the right places.

Once this is done you should not get the "cannot find module" error some of you are seeing.

RowJ, you should try this if you can.
Quad, I spoke with Ross today & told him that I've tried numerous times to download the preinstaller with no luck. He was suppose to get back to me, but still no call? When I try to load the uninstall ini file, it says, cannot load uninstall ini file? Any help is appreciated.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:28 PM

Wow....there really is such a thing as to much throttle response. I made a few adjustments on the fly and had to pull over because it was uncontrollable. I think the pump stretch adjustment made the most noticable difference in my shuddering issues. I didn't get a chance to do a lot of playing around this evening, but I'll have fun this weekend.

Quad---if you can get me the "ADR_4K_TEST" parameter settings, I'll plug them in and start tuning from there. In fact, it would be interesting to see where the 2K, 3K, and Comp tune parameter values are set at for comparison purposes.
Old 07-24-2008, 09:08 PM
Banned

I still haven't gotten the email with CP210X Drivers.zip. file. Could someone please send me a copy?
Old 07-24-2008, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by bnold
Went and unplugged the adrenaline and the pulse and defueling notice went away...

Loaded the "default" tune and noticed most of the parameters still read 0?
and the others at the minimum of their range.

I was under the impression that the default range would still show its parameters to use as a baseline for making changes... Is this the case?
Those are two bugs I found yesterday. At first we all thought I was doing something wrong but I spent a half hour on the phone tonight with a software engineer named Will, and it is indeed a bug. The defueling thing has happened to me a few times as well and actually did it while I was on the phone with Will.

That's all I can tell you though because I don't know anything else...
Old 07-25-2008, 05:21 AM

I had "Defueling" pop up on me once too, but I thought it was because of something I set in the parameters. It didn't happen when I went back to the default settings and started over.
Old 07-25-2008, 06:36 PM

Update on my box... after every shut down upon restart I get teh defueling flashing message... Requires my to unplug box under hood and then restart... Everthing seems to work ok after that.. Of course any setting that I set are lost at that point and have to start from scratch.

I still would expect the default settings to show values instead of zeros... Can anyone else confirm this?
Old 07-25-2008, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by bnold
Update on my box... after every shut down upon restart I get teh defueling flashing message... Requires my to unplug box under hood and then restart... Everthing seems to work ok after that.. Of course any setting that I set are lost at that point and have to start from scratch.

I still would expect the default settings to show values instead of zeros... Can anyone else confirm this?
My pulse does it. I only get 3 power levels (not counting off), and all "minimum" values for the custom tuning. I can set it to whatever I want, but if I go back into the tuning menu or shut the truck off everything resets to "minimum" values.

It kinda sucks. Everytime I drive I gotta go custom tuning, parameters, scroll down, click restore defaults, and then make it a point to not go into the menus again. Otherwise, I gotta do it all over again...

I haven't seen the defueling flash since yesterday though...
Old 07-26-2008, 12:07 AM
Chapter President

Did you save the tune you had made? Mine would only go up 3 power levels the first time I used it, but after I saved my default file it worked normally. Have had no trouble since I saved the file.

Quick Reply: Adrenaline Beta Testers - Phase 3