Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Adding Gauges

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2002, 07:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Adding Gauges

I am thinking about installing a turbo boost and pyro gauge to my 02. Any recommindations on what brand of gauges to buy. What about difficulty installing them for a DIYer, special tools, modifications. Any response would be great.<br><br>TC
Old 11-08-2002, 07:51 PM

Re:Adding Gauges

Welcome Mic,<br><br>There are a whole bunch of threads on here with a whole mess of responses to sort through. My suggestion would be to look at those other threads for the information you're seeking. There'll most likely be links to a bunch of different manufacturers or dealers, too. As a matter of fact, I think I started one of those threads way back when. Also, if you have installation questions, they may or may not be answered in those threads, but there is one where everyone has posted a bunch of pics of their gauge setups. I'm sure anyone in there could answer those installation woes if you asked nicely.<br> 8)<br>-SFB
Old 11-09-2002, 07:49 AM

Re:Adding Gauges

Mic, just sent you a PM about a bunch of local CTD owners in our area. To your gauge guestions: there are many different brands floating around and most have their good and bad features. The best solution would be to do a search in this site. Lottsa responses available. Check the links to the suppliers. See what you like. The first question you need to answer is EGT, pre or post. There are two camps of thoughts, both with valid reasons. I went pre- . It's an easy installation. The tapping of the manifold wasn't as bad as many would have you believe. I'll give you the first two links to go to for gauges. DTR has a Online Store, give a look there, then go to Wildcat Diesel (one of DTR's sponsor's). I know that Rod is running a first anniversary special , gauges are 10% off. I got all my gauges from Rod and I, for one, am very satisfied with his service. <br><br>~Dave