Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

2nd Gen Smarty Updates????

Old 08-22-2007, 07:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dang! Ive been out of the loop for a while, just a few months ago everybody was raving about how awesome the Smarty was and about Marco's awesome customer service. I havent been on the board in a while but this is wild. I bought my Smarty a long while ago when they were still fairly new going off of the great things I heard about it, I was fairly dissapointed in spending that much on something that gained as much as it does. Oh well!!!!
Old 08-22-2007, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by Mike D
I agree with Tate. When the Smarty came I thought it was great and had no problem recommending it. I also knew it wasn't perfect for every application, but with the promise of future upgrades via the USB I had little concern.

The only way to respond to this is to avoid buying any other products from the Smarty vendor and don't recommend it to anyone. That's the great thing about these boards, if a product doesn't deliver on promises made, we can act as a whole.

Like I said earlier, I won't recommend it to any Second Gen owners again.

Sorry guys, I was a little unclear. I was fired up about the smarty at one time as well.

In my earlier post I was referring mostly to a smarty vendor who was promising updates as you mention. I feel the same way you do.

The only updates that I recall were for level 0 (no start feature, etc.)
Old 08-22-2007, 08:29 PM

Ohh!! I didn't mean to start a XXX thread, I'm just curious why the updated files are still old ones. Don't wan't no heat from Bob or Marco...
Old 08-22-2007, 08:46 PM
Chapter President

Don't worry you won't see any heat from Marco or Bob. I'm sure Bob has seen this post and has informed Marco.

Besides... What could they say? We are a bunch of impatient people who ask for too much?

Sometimes, I sit alone in the dark and download the same Smarty programs over and over again.. just to get some use out of the USB provision.

I wonder it the downloads from the MADS website cost Marco with regards to bandwidth? Forget I said that....
Old 08-22-2007, 08:51 PM

Hahahahahahaha!!!
Old 08-22-2007, 08:53 PM

Sometimes, I sit alone in the dark and download the same Smarty programs over and over again.. just to get some use out of the USB provision.
Mike,
I think you need to put the Cheerwine down and back away from the computer for a while

~IdothesamethingbutinthelightRob
Old 08-22-2007, 08:55 PM
Chapter President

http://www.madselectronics.com/products.html

Anyone notice anything strange about the S-03 (98.5-02) product description?

# DTC (Diagnostic Trouble Codes) reader with on-screen plain text
interpretation of the codes.
# ABS programming for tire height adjustment.
# Upgrades through build in USB connector
# Automatic recovery of the ECM in case of an interrupted update.
# about 1.5 minutes required to update ECM

Where's the part about the 10 different Smarty programs?
Old 08-22-2007, 09:01 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by hotdram
Mike,
I think you need to put Cheerwine down and back away from the computer for a while

~IdothesamethingbutinthelightRob
It's not the Cheerwine that gets you, it's the Muscadine flavored mountain mixer that get's you in trouble...
Old 08-22-2007, 09:05 PM

The explanation??? Whoopty doo!!!

Aug. 20, 2007 - Software updates

Smarty S-03: improved reliability of the programming operation with several checks during the
data transmission.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:09 PM

It's not the Cheerwine that gets you, it's the Muscadine flavored mountain mixer that get's you in trouble...
I'll have to take your word on that, as I have no first hand experience with the "mountain mixer". However, if you care to send me a sample I will volunteer to independantly confirm your statement

Has anyone emailed Bob or Marco to see what the status of future updates is or are we just expecting that eventually one of them will chime in here?
~Rob
Old 08-22-2007, 09:10 PM

I have PM'd both of them but I imagine they get a few thousand of those in regards to the Smarty period!!!
Old 08-22-2007, 09:31 PM

Well lately I feel like all I do isEDIT about everything so..... while were on the topic I can honestly say that I expected more from smarty I to have been waiting like everyone else for the updates to come HELLO DO YOU GUYS HEAR OUR LITTLE VOICE IN THE 2ND GEN WORLD ?????maybe we have been whispering to long, it sucks for us to see all the CR guys are getting from the smarty and were left standing around watching all the fun! I sure hope that the new box from Quad will be out soon and be everything that it sounds like it is. I do hope someone in the MADS world is listening and realizes that we may not be the newest thing going out there but there still is a lot of us

Thank you and I will now step down off the soap box and go back to the one about my HTT 62/71/13ss
Old 08-22-2007, 11:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i would have to agree when i went to update my smarty with the new programs.......................................... ........ that was it........ no change, no update, just the same stuff with a different date, oh well i just got one for my mega cab.
Old 08-23-2007, 12:59 AM

In Bob's defense I would like to say that if/when people have had issues Bob has been able to make things happen. If there's something specific you want for your smarty software, give Bob a call.

I think Mads need a few more tuners with access to his softwares so we can get some more tunes or better yet custom tunes from smarty dealers. Just look at EFI live and what they're doing with ecms.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i completely agree bob has always been great to work with and will help u in anyway

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2nd Gen Smarty Updates????