Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

24 valve p-pumped done! GREAT workin!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 08:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why is it that if someone does something anymore without buying a high dollar kit they get bashed. When diesel performance began to grow, there were no kits to buy. People used what they had, modified what they could, or made it from scratch. It's amazing the trends people follow, and bash those who don't fall in stride. I say more power to ya', keep up the good work.
andy
Old 03-30-2006, 08:44 PM

AMEN brother Andy.
Old 03-31-2006, 07:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Dodge Demon
Couldnt have said it better myself yarddog, if i posted the things i rigged, a few of these nay sayers would have a heart attack.
YES SIR....

lots are diesel minded,
some are cheap diesel bombing ...modifying... minded
Old 03-31-2006, 07:24 PM

trust me im not against doing things cheap but just dont rebend injector lines.

buy some stainless line buy the ends you need to fit pump and injectors and bend thelines from that.

but 12valve himself said that one of the injector lines cracked.

trust me ive done a lot of cheap mods in my day as well but when it comes to my baby i just dont risk it.

thats all im trying to say

sorry for some of the harsh words earlier but i felt as if i was getting ganged up on for trying to help.

I'm outta this one
jake
Old 03-31-2006, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by cummnz4x4pwr

but 12valve himself said that one of the injector lines cracked.

jake
but he bought another used just the (1st cilinder) injector line, and bent it again, bent it right for the first time, and its now daily on the road again.

he bought it from a shop that gets tons of used dodge cummins engines from up there in usa here to mexico.

i have no idea where he gets all them good 12 valve 215 engines...
from rolled over, salvaged trucks. .. just another thought
Old 04-01-2006, 10:12 AM

ok, not to beat a dead horse but....congrads on getting the lines to work...I gotta go with the don't rebend crowd. the lines vibrate at a frequency that causes possible work hardening. A very important concern is that the lines do not touch any metal as they will rub through, and the hold down clamps be used and bolted down firmly. It was said that diesel on the exhaust won't burn....WRONG!!!!!!! He should have said DIDN'T burn, any time diesel is at or above 190* it is a fire waiting to happen, if you had a underhood short or red hot turbo.......END OF STORY! So again good for you that you did it cheap, just watch the lines as it deffinately increases your odds of a line failure
Old 04-01-2006, 04:04 PM

I think this WAS a great thread about a p-pump conversion! If everyone wants to argue about bending the fuel lines maybe they should start a new thread about the pros and cons of bending fuel lines!!

I want more info on the conversion!
Old 04-01-2006, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Sidewinder
I think this WAS a great thread about a p-pump conversion! If everyone wants to argue about bending the fuel lines maybe they should start a new thread about the pros and cons of bending fuel lines!!

I want more info on the conversion!

you made me laugh... thanks for helping me with this....

yeah it made me wonder... i think the fuel lines, is not the most important thing on the whole conversion, it IS one of the first thing you would probably look at...

im not sure what else i could say about the conversion, i thought the guy who did it would gladly answer me all questions, or maybe explain the whole process to me, but No, he said: you buy me a bigger turbo and ill tell you everything, and ill let you take more pics. well i can live without it.
I even was affraid of looking again under his hood... i guess my knees where trembling cuz those guys CAN get angry...if you are against them...
but we are still friends, if anyone has a question, ill ask him

I sold him the 215 P-Pump and the 215 injectors, which he wanted for another 12valve - for 800.00