Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Are you a redneck?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 03:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Haulin_in_Dixie
Yankee rednecks are called hillbillys....
I have a hat at home that says. "Moccasin International Airport" on the front. On the back it says "Fly the Hillbilly Skys". My brother had them made. They are great.
But legally I think you have to be more from hill country. I usually think of myself as a Country Boy or a Hick and Darn proud of it. I am OK with being called a redneck as long as I don't have to have a dual set of stacks in the bed of my truck that are about 8" by 12' tall. Plus a Big truck fuel tank in the bed. I saw the truck in town again a few weeks ago. I will get a picture of it sooner or later.
Old 12-28-2006, 05:56 PM

does copenhagen and black folgers coffee everymorning at 0400 count?
Old 12-28-2006, 10:16 PM
DTR Mom

Talking Rules are rules....so sad

Originally Posted by rockittboy
does copenhagen and black folgers coffee everymorning at 0400 count?
add a campfire and you could be a cowboy; add two cowboys in San Fransisco and you could be 'brokeback hillbilly'

NOPE! you are from california. that ends it right there IMHO, closest you guys can come is the beverly hillbillys tv show for some of you old enough to know that......'here's a little story bout a guy named jed..'

HEHEH just being a smart 'mule' (did ya know they can jump over six feet from standing?) this is a funny thread and hope everyone has a good sense of humor- never an offense meant with a post!
Old 12-28-2006, 10:20 PM

all i'm gonna say is, yes i'm a redneck and proud of it. and a hick, and hillbilly and ....
Old 12-28-2006, 10:34 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well i'm south of the Mason Dixon line, got 5 jeeps in the yard that don't run, 1 in the garage that does. Big Cummins that makes me smile when i leave a big black cloud on the cars behind me and love Copenhagen, and i turn wrench's for a livin.
Most people have never seen me without a ball cap on.
I think i'm a redneck.
Old 12-29-2006, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by RickG
You know how you know the toothbrush was invented in Arkansas ? Anywhere else and they would have called it a teethbrush .
Hmmm.... Us folks from Arkansas say the same thing about Kentucky!!! LMAO

Let's see... I'll let ya'll classify me....

I was born and bred in North West Arkansas. I have a slang that even locals make fun of. I have a huge 4x4 truck and I'm to the point where I'd rather buy some goodies for my truck vs. shoes or clothes (how many females will say that??). Before I got my CTD I used to beg my two friends that had them to make me some "black poofies". I can't make my own yet, but that day will come!!

I really, really enjoy a cold beer, especially when driving the dirt roads on a four-wheeler or in a truck - we call THAT dirt roadin'! Four-wheelers and getting dirty -- that's my idea of a good time. I love fishing and varmint hunting! I got on a mechanical bull a month or so ago. That was a good time too!

Yet, I can use proper grammar and write a document well enough that no one would know of my backwoods raisin'!! I have a decent job in an Information Systems department..... I still can't help my southern twang -- but the rest of it I can cover up nicely if I need to!!
Old 12-29-2006, 08:24 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RickG
You know how you know the toothbrush was invented in Arkansas ? Anywhere else and they would have called it a teethbrush .
Originally Posted by JMalone
Hmmm.... Us folks from Arkansas say the same thing about Kentucky!!!
Us folks from New England say that about everybody south or west of Connecticut. And some parts of Maine!

Originally Posted by JMalone
no one would know of my backwoods raisin'!!
You have a backwoods raisin? I think I saw one of those once in the movie Deliverance!

chaikwa.
Old 12-29-2006, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by chaikwa

You have a backwoods raisin? I think I saw one of those once in the movie Deliverance!

chaikwa.
Okay, okay... I'm not THAT backwoods!!!! LMAO
Old 12-29-2006, 09:45 PM

Are we going by the "foxworthless" definition of "RED-NECK"

I have not read all of this thread so don't pound me too hard.
I would prefer the Cliff notes if possible.

Benn doing inventory most of the week for the lumber yard I work for so the eyes are tired to say the least.
Old 12-29-2006, 09:47 PM
DTR College Boy and FUN SIZED!!!!!!!!!!

Here is the cliffs notes, more or less.

As a very cute female friend once said to me "Hilbilly means no teeth, rednecks are just blue-collar guys havin a good time but hicks are sexy guys with big trucks!"
Old 12-29-2006, 09:49 PM

I think I am too. I'm also "Oilfield trash and proud of it"
Old 12-29-2006, 09:55 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Originally Posted by scoggins
Are we going by the "foxworthless" definition of "RED-NECK"

I have not read all of this thread so don't pound me too hard.
I would prefer the Cliff notes if possible.

Benn doing inventory most of the week for the lumber yard I work for so the eyes are tired to say the least.
Justwannabeme got close, its a life style. but its not really one you do by choice. its more of you either are one or not. You either do it naturally or you dont. I have a friend that grew up in the same town. You would have sworn he just moved here because of the way he acts, behaves, everhting.
Old 12-30-2006, 12:57 PM

OIC

I like her deffinition a lot better than that of Jeffery .

he made the word mean something totally different than what it is/ should
Old 12-30-2006, 01:01 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

foxworthy turned redneck from something you were and couldn't help to something everyone wants to be.
Old 12-30-2006, 02:40 PM
DTR Mom

Talking We Still Can Poke a little fun at ourselves.....

FONTY! Good to hear from ya! been missing you in the former breakroom/ now military coffee room.... always like your posts!

Now an OIL field guy is a ROUGHNECK...right? I like all my body parts to come with me after a job, thank you- hard hat is off to you guys!!!

BEST rednecks I have EVER met were the true Cajuns from louisiana/Mississippi rural area. man, they taught me A LOT about being considerate of neighbors and the elderly folks. and ya, SCOGGINS- folks do what they have to; not because it's a fad.....the 'junk' in the yard is "i been meanin' to get to it" real. It is NOT scrap. some folks I know have it for income WHEN they need heating oil, etc.. please know that redneckideal is NOT a welfare attitude......

One fella is still a good contact (told me how to have Mardi Gras)
and took a tractor trailer load of lumber yard extras (scrap we called it)
wood, tin roofing, tyvek paper, etc. and gave all who came what they asked for- NOBODY took more than they needed- and asked others to look out for the old ones near them, who patched and mended for them. real kind and soft talkers, but come dance night- just leave quickly when the fights start....

TEXAS rednecks have more fun and yell a lot though

I like the HICK explanation- Fits my husband to a tee. Not dumb, not poor, and work their butt off! Love their family, proud, will join a good time- just won't START one heheheheh always work to be found...

Yeah- i definitely think they are sexy!!

Jory- your racoon link does not post. and you are NOT a redneck- solid hick though young dude; solid hick.

Quick Reply: Are you a redneck?