Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Yamaha Grizzly

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 04:15 PM
Muted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i have a 04 grizz...love it wouldent git rid of it for nuttin...the griz is a proven unit. the 03 was problem year week axles, no ventillation for heat from the engine, no insullation under the gas tank.... i am running 28x11x12 tires all the way around 2500lb winch and full snorkles. most of the quads today are fuel injected which IMO do not belong on an atv...what happens if you brake down 40 miles from a town? you will need a computer to figure out whats wrong with your quad. ok the grizz is not the fastest or most powerful quad out there now a days..but with a few mods you can really wake those motors up.......buy it you wont regret it..........
Old 04-10-2006, 04:17 PM
Muted User

Originally Posted by getblown5.9
i will tell you that you will LOVE the 660 grizzly. we have 2 of them and the neighbor has one. those autos are sweet for trail riding and the fully independent suspension is easy on your body. all ive added to mine is a winch and 27" mudlites and ive only used the winch maybe a dozen times, and thats because im young and dumb and purposely go into the deepest mudholes. just last weekend i had the bike in a hole at the offroad park that multiple jeeps got stuck in and it went thru it with no problem. ill even post a video of it here. as you can see im a big boy (320lbs) and that bike will do 0-55mph with those big tires in a hurry, and it never has a problem getting the tires spinning. ive also used this bike to tow my truck when i blew the clutch out...i pulled my 7600lbs truck around the yard with ease.

http://video.thedieselgarage.com/rec...3BA68F0312.htm
boy that video looks like paragon was that at the playground near the pond?
Old 04-10-2006, 07:59 PM

Well I got off work early today, decided to go back to the dealer. Turned in my credit app and will find out tommorow if they accept me. God I hope they do.

They have an 06 Special Edition(SE) Grizzly there. It realy grabed my attention. It's a charcoal color w/ carbon fiber parts. It was only $350 more then the basic color so I opted for that one. My total price out the door is going to be $7,200. They are also adding a 2.5 Warn Winch, this will come in handy im sure.

Im realy stoked and hope I get approved.

Just gotta find a trailer now, the rails probly won't work to well with my truck since it is lifted.
Old 04-10-2006, 08:51 PM
Muted User

well good luck.......and dont worry the first time you get stuck you will be glad you got that winch...
Old 04-11-2006, 04:50 PM

My 02 grizzly burned up in a fire out on a gravel road. Had to call the forest service in with a helicopter to put out the blaze in the forest. Out of warranty and no insurance. Long ordeal, yamaha gave me a new 04 because they thought if I sued, the forest service would tack on their 5,000 dollar bill if they found Yamaha at fault. The 04 was nice. Came back from Iraq and broke 3 axleshafts and then bought gorilla axles. Problem solved, except for the stalling and sputtering problem. Got towed back 2 weekends in a row from my wife. Finally sold the POS. Bought me a brute force 750 and it has not let me down. Yet! Wife has a 4 yr old polaris sportsman and it does all of the chores around the house all year. Guess I got a good polaris. If you dont believe me about the pics, I will email you them. I have pics of the helicopter dumping water on the left over hulk. Guess I got two bad ones.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by scarecrow
boy that video looks like paragon was that at the playground near the pond?
sure was...playground on the left hand side when coming from the parking area...the BIG pond is on the right a little farther back...and yes i conquered that one as well without a problem as well as pulled a honda and polaris out of mud that i walked thru

must say tho, threashing in mud like that is hard on ANY quad and i actually decided after 2000miles of hard riding to take all the plastics off and clean everything really well...the bike looks funny when torn down like that
Old 04-11-2006, 09:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Nate-03 D
Well I got off work early today, decided to go back to the dealer. Turned in my credit app and will find out tommorow if they accept me. God I hope they do.

They have an 06 Special Edition(SE) Grizzly there. It realy grabed my attention. It's a charcoal color w/ carbon fiber parts. It was only $350 more then the basic color so I opted for that one. My total price out the door is going to be $7,200. They are also adding a 2.5 Warn Winch, this will come in handy im sure.

Im realy stoked and hope I get approved.

Just gotta find a trailer now, the rails probly won't work to well with my truck since it is lifted.
too bad you arent closer, my old man is trying to sell our 14' utility trailer that holds 2 large quads so we can get a larger car hauler that will haul all our quads, and my next cummins race/sledpuller project

awesome deal man, in WV where we buy ours a regular grizz goes for $6495, and the SE or camo goes for $6795 with your choice of a winch or plow, but in baltimore my buddy paid $8200 without a winch or plow.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:12 PM

Well fellas I don't think I will be getting one anytime soon.

Went to the dealer and they don't want to work with me. Im a little irate at the moment. They wouldn't except me for financing. They said it was due to the fact that I have no credit built up. Im only 18 at the moment and it's tough to built credit when you can't get anything. Either way im sortive in a bind.

I got my truck when I was 17 years old, therefore my parents had to co-sign for me, that's all fine and dandy except one thing none of the credit goes towards my name. I make the $400 payment a month + insurance on my truck but they will never acknowledge that. Only thing I can do is get the truck re-financed in my name, even then it will take some time to get things rolling for them to see it.

I contemplated going to the bank, getting a loan for the total price and paying for it straight out. Then I have to go throught the hassle of paying their intrest and all that which will exced the cost of the quad more then I would want to pay. One of my other initial thoughts was to build credit on the quad, sortive hard to when you pay for it right off the bat.

Anyways i'll see if I can't make something happen in the next few months.
Old 04-12-2006, 10:27 AM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
If you have State Farm insurance, you might see if your insurance agent also handles Bank of State Farm.

They had the best rate I could find the last time I financed a vehicle, and they sent me out the door with check in hand the same day...
Old 04-12-2006, 02:50 PM

Start small little grasshopper....

Go down and buy something for $250 on credit, and pay it off ASAP, then buy something for $600, do that a couple times... Ask for a personal loan at the bank for only $250.

It doesn't take $1k's to build good credit. Credit just shows if you pay your bills or not.

Merrick
Old 04-12-2006, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by MCummings
Start small little grasshopper....

Go down and buy something for $250 on credit, and pay it off ASAP, then buy something for $600, do that a couple times... Ask for a personal loan at the bank for only $250.

It doesn't take $1k's to build good credit. Credit just shows if you pay your bills or not.

Merrick
Im sure that works well in theory but I honestly wouldn't want to spend my money on a machine I will not want to own in the first place. If im going to do it, I will do it right the first time and go from there. I plan on keeping the machine for quite some time.

I will more then likley save up about $1500 and put that down and walk away with what I want. If they don't want to work w/ that then I find somewhere else.
Old 04-12-2006, 10:11 PM

Open your mind a little farther...

You don't have to buy a machine form those guys for your credit rating to go up.

Maybe, ask for a personal loan of $100 or $150 from the bank. Maybe a 2 week loan. Use it tol pay for fuel, then before the due date comes up on your short term loan, pay it off. It doesn't matter, in fact, it might even be better, if you have the money for fuel in your hand. The purpose is to work up your credit.

Then take a loan out for $1,000 and keep the cash for fuel, and pay the bank back. Don't be foolish, all you are doing is working up credit. If there is even a small possibility you won't be able to pay back on, or before time, don't even bother doing this.

All this does is put positive points on your credit and more people will lend you money.

I have a few friends who did this, and they can take out $18,000 ppersonal loans without any collateral. Not too shabby if you ask me...

Merrick
Old 04-13-2006, 08:05 AM

Go Grizzly.
Old 04-13-2006, 08:13 AM
Muted User

Originally Posted by MCummings
Open your mind a little farther...

You don't have to buy a machine form those guys for your credit rating to go up.

Maybe, ask for a personal loan of $100 or $150 from the bank. Maybe a 2 week loan. Use it tol pay for fuel, then before the due date comes up on your short term loan, pay it off. It doesn't matter, in fact, it might even be better, if you have the money for fuel in your hand. The purpose is to work up your credit.

Then take a loan out for $1,000 and keep the cash for fuel, and pay the bank back. Don't be foolish, all you are doing is working up credit. If there is even a small possibility you won't be able to pay back on, or before time, don't even bother doing this.

All this does is put positive points on your credit and more people will lend you money.

I have a few friends who did this, and they can take out $18,000 ppersonal loans without any collateral. Not too shabby if you ask me...

Merrick
yea what he said.........people at your age do not realize how important a good credit score is....and if you built it at a young age and keep it good you will thank yourself the rest of your life........
Old 04-13-2006, 08:52 AM
Banned

i know where you are coming from. at 18 i bought a $33k 2003 ford lightning brand new with my dad cosigning...never missed a payment, refinanced at a better rate a year later and brought my payment down $100 a month. then a few months later i switched up and bought my dodge again with my father cosigning because they said i didnt have enough credit.

a year later i went to yamaha and they approved me for $5k (not enough for a grizzly) and then 2 months later i went to my bank to make a routine deposit when they asked me if i ever applied for a credit card. well she ran it thru and they approved me for a $4100 limit at 20 years old. my credit is slowly building, and yours will too. it sucks i know man, but give it time, pay the bills on time and you can buy anything you want later on.

Quick Reply: Yamaha Grizzly