Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

XM/Sirius Possible Merger

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 10:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I paid for the lifetime subscription with Sirius. Hope it is still good! And they better not mess with Bubba in the afternoons!
Old 02-20-2007, 10:34 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Paying for something that you can have for free never made any sense to me. Kinda like buying bottled water.

I know, I know, I'm not with the "new" stuff. Just wait till the Chinese shoot down the satellites!
Old 02-20-2007, 10:42 AM

There is no comparison between regular radio and sattelite. I also spend about 6-7 hours a day in my truck up in northern Canada working with crappy local radio stations. It is a no brainer for my situation.

Geico266,

Do you have a TV? Tinfoil wrapped rabbit ears with one fuzzy channel that goes all wonky when someone fires up a blender? It is free though!!!! Just having a little fun with ya.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by kelley15
O and A on Sirius would be great. Cant stand Howard.
I would absolutely love to be able to get O&A on Sirius. I went through serious withdrawal when they got booted from the NY airwaves for the "Sex for Sam" contest in NY. I was depressed for a loooong time.
Old 02-20-2007, 12:25 PM
Muted User

Originally Posted by Geico266
Paying for something that you can have for free never made any sense to me. Kinda like buying bottled water.
I used to agree with you, and if you don't drive very far it's probably not worth it to most people. However like Swamp_Donkey said, if you drive alot and HATE static or constantly searching for stations then it's the only way to go.

Originally Posted by Geico266
I know, I know, I'm not with the "new" stuff.
I don't know how far behind with "new" stuff you are but you do know we landed on the moon right? (just messin with ya)
Old 02-20-2007, 08:19 PM

swampdonkey, i would also be very upset if something happens to bubba. hes the only reason i got siris, but i have grown to like other stuff, too. bubba army here, nutz to opie and anthony. hope fully they will get the cut.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:43 PM

Never heard O&A but I am a total mark for Bubba. Started listening to Bubba this summer and every afternoon that I am working the station never moves from 101. Even don't take phonecalls incase I miss something!
Old 02-20-2007, 10:36 PM
Banned

Did you hear that Bubba will be on in the mornings on Fridays now? Something like 6 to 10, filling on for the fact that Howard is not doing a show on Fridays.

And another good thing about Sat. radio is that there are no DJ's that think they are funny and no stinking commercials on the music channels.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:38 AM

oh, yeah. i drive OTR and sirius make my day much better. i would go nutz without it.
Attached Thumbnails XM/Sirius Possible Merger-s5000690.jpg  
Old 02-21-2007, 12:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i think they would be foolish to raise rates. they would see an exodus of customers and the new company would collapse. i hope they are drinking their own koolaide by know they have enough competition from regular radio and IPODs.

as far as paying for it, it was a good move to bundle a year of free SIRIUS with my rig. my year is about up and i will be joining. i like being able to watch CNN in the morning (MMMMMM Robin Meade) and then listed to it on the ride to work with out missing a beat
Old 02-21-2007, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by cskal
I would absolutely love to be able to get O&A on Sirius. I went through serious withdrawal when they got booted from the NY airwaves for the "Sex for Sam" contest in NY. I was depressed for a loooong time.
Well O&A will be on Sirius it appears, unless "hoo hoo tell em robin" has that much pull with old Mel at Sirius. They are on the air in NY again.
Old 02-21-2007, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by EClancy
how much ya wanna bet that if you have either an xm or sirius reciever, you'll have to buy another one to receive the new signal when they merge. just another way to get money. and i just got a new xm reciever for xmas worth almost $200
That's what there saying up here in Canada new receiver time

"Canadian Satellite Radio CEO John Bitove said it could take years for the companies to decide where to cut the overlap between their two satellite networks, which are not compatible. Though the two companies have designed receivers capable of getting both signals, those radios have not been produced."

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...Story/Business
Old 02-21-2007, 04:48 PM
JAX

I think that O&A will be on Sirius only if Stern lets it happen. That man has so much stroke with Sirius it's not even funny. I mean, c'mon, in one year thier average yearly subscription number went from six hundred thousand to six million!? If Stern says no way, that'll be that in my opinion. For the record, I listen to Howard because I think the show is hilarious. I can't stand him, but the show is phenomenal. Especially with Artie there now in place of Jackie. Love him or hate him, you have to respect what Stern has done over his career.