Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Wow, this is powerful. Preach it, bro!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2004, 12:51 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Thumbs up Wow, this is powerful. Preach it, bro!!!

Subject: Sermon by John Hagee The following passage is from a sermon by John Hagee, Pastor of Cornerstone Church in San Antonio

I want you to close your eyes and picture in your mind the soldier at Valley Forge, as he holds his musket in his bloody hands. He stands barefoot in the snow, starved from lack of food, wounded from months of battle and emotionally scarred from the eternity away from his family surrounded by nothing but death and carnage of war. He stands though, with fire in his eyes and victory on his breath. He looks at us now in anger and disgust
and tells us this...

I gave you a birthright of freedom born in the Constitution and now your children graduate too illiterate to read it.

I fought in the snow barefoot to give you the freedom to vote and You stay at home because it rains!

I left my family destitute to give you the freedom of speech and You remain silent on critical issues, because it might be bad for business.

I orphaned my children to give you a government to serve you and it has stolen democracy from the people.

It's the soldier, not the reporter who gives you the freedom of The press.

It's the soldier, not the poet who gives you the freedom of speech.

It's the soldier, not the campus organizer who allows you to demonstrate.

It's the soldier, who salutes the flag, serves the flag, whose Coffin is draped with the flag that allows the protester to burn the flag!!!

"Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us.
Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need.

I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior.

Amen."
Old 06-10-2004, 01:25 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
AMEN
Old 06-10-2004, 01:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I second that: AMEN
Old 06-10-2004, 02:23 PM

Yea & why don't we here these good words splatered all over our radio & telivisions?

AMEN
Old 06-10-2004, 03:04 PM
DTR'S Chaplain

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Very good.

Its not to late to Save America.
Old 06-10-2004, 08:40 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Amen. John Hagee is a straight shooter and more should listen to him. Why isn't stuff like this in the media? Because it is not sensational enough and in any case the media appear to be opposed to good news or anything that may in the slightest way favor religion.
BTW, any time I pass thru San Antonio I always try and make time for one of his sermans.
Old 06-11-2004, 12:04 AM

motivational and powerful sermon, nothing against the preacher but perhaps the comments are more opinion than fact. Just my opinion too, that opinion shouldn't be presented as factual text and not having heard the sermon in it's intirety I allow that it may have been presented here out of context.

The history of the continental army that I read is foretold a little differently, at least pre battle of Trenton, while wintered at Valley Forge. There was scarcely any fire to stay warm let alone fire in the eye and tho the cause was just, victory was not! In fact, very similar to today, GW [Washington] was facing an exiting army of volunteers. their contractual time was up in only a couple weeks [Dec 31] and the weary lot of some 3000 soldiers, diminished from 6000, had not been paid,fed, clothed or properly armed for some time and they were ready to walk come the first of January!
Moral is said to have been so low that even GW couldn't bring himself to becon, let alone order the soldiers to stay the course! The cause seemed doomed to defeat.
A dissident and patriot named Thomas Payne is credited with providing the miracle by his powerful an motivational words that rallied the troops at Christmas ,sufficient for GW to have hope for mounting just one more attack before all were discharged. That one more was the crossing over to Trenton where the Hession mercinaries [professionals] were supprised and the victory that restored a sense of purpose was won.
I listen to americans who don't vote and I don't remember any [tho there may be some] talking about the weather instead of voting. I do recall words like "whats the use" and "my vote doesn't count, they do what they want anyway"
The continental soldier angry and disgusted? I don't know. I rather believe a good number of todays citizens are not unlike the soldier at Valley Forge. For they were the persecuted subjects of the crown. They too knew the hopeless resignation of "what can we do?" Our voice isn't heard anyway.

Thomas Payne continued to fight and speak out against tyranny and anyone or any body that pressumed to be representative of "we the people". He opposed bitterly the constitution as proposed, believing that it stripped the states of true representation of the peoples will, that no republic had succeeded in history, including Rome and trading one oppressive governing body for another was not what he considered worth fighting and dying for. His efforts to protect the indiviguals freedoms and liberties was largely responsible for the bill of rights we know today, as I understand it.

I spoke with many citizens last night, soldiers enroute to Fort Drum. Most did not feel apart of determining the policy that determined their fate and yet they all said this country was worth fighting for. Amen to that......sty
Old 06-11-2004, 02:31 AM

Rangerst, What part of France are you from?
Old 06-11-2004, 07:42 AM

I had a strong reply for rangerst, but I cannot explain what a great country we live in and the sacrifices so many made so he can have his opinion. It is his opinion and I will not go into discussion or try to change his opinion.
GOD BLESS AMERICA !
Old 06-11-2004, 09:59 AM

If you actually read his post I don't see where rangerst was being unpatriotic, just perhaps pointing out that what ails us is not so easily summed in a simplistic sermon.
Old 06-12-2004, 04:23 AM

I believe France is one of those countries where religious beliefs dominate the political debate, right?

Amazing.

rangerst quotes Tom Paine, and y'all come down on him? You have no idea what the Founding Fathers had in mind when they fought and bled for this great country. You have no idea what soldiers can feel on the battlefield. Stop watching TV and read.

I'm willing to show anyone the four bullet and shrapnel wounds I took for my country in two wars, just so people like rangerst can give their side of the story without being ridiculed. You have no idea what patriotism is. Real soldiers lose hope, suck it up, and with a little luck, do what they have to, anyway. Real citizens try to see their way to the truth of the matter, no matter how difficult or frightening it may be. Whether I agree or disagree with him, rangerst said nothing wrong. Can't say that for some others on this thread.
Old 06-12-2004, 06:30 AM

That is one thing (of many) that irks me about this country these days....if you say something that is not in line with the status-quo, then you are deemed "unpatriotic". Just look at the way the political commercials are attacking a decorated veteran. I am in my 19th year of service protecting the homeland, and I have to say rangerst is very patriotic!!