Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Wow! I guess I good a good deal huh????

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 01:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow! I guess I good a good deal huh????

I paid $700 for my brand new, 0 miles, Power Wagon rims/285 BFG tires. This weekend there was an auction for the same exact wheels/tires with 0 miles and it started at $800.00! It ended at $1080.00 plus shipping!! I guess I did pretty good......
I didn't even think I would win my auction and I fell asleep before the end. When I woke up I figured that there would be a bunch of last minute bids but there were none! I was watching this auction for the last couple minutes and it jumped up about $40.00 in the last 20 seconds.
Oh well, I guess this will help me feel better about getting screwed on that turbo deal......
Old 01-16-2006, 01:34 PM
Banned

Wow. You really did get lucky. Especially considering the tires themselves are worth more than that. That still sucks about your turbo though. Although I did read that you were getting an HTB2 for cheap. Whatever happened with that one?
Old 01-16-2006, 02:27 PM

I paid less for my truck than you paid for your tires But it sounds like a good deal anyway. I would love to find some nice looking rims for my truck, but they are pretty low on the priority scale right now.

Jim
Old 01-16-2006, 03:28 PM

Well, NHdiesel, I'd say you get the award for deal of the year!! Where are the "after" pictures??

The turbo deal isn't really going anywhere. I think the guy was looking for $$$ so he could leave town. You can't reach him anymore and he's been banned from e-bay. The cops are looking for him and he's been reported to the FBI. One guy is suing him but, in my opinion, I would rather write it off as experience and spend some more money to get a turbo from a reputable shop. I'd hate to spend a lot of money suing the guy just to win but then not get any money anyways. Just because you win a judgement doesn't mean you will ever see your money. It sucks but Timinva gave me a good deal and he's going to install it this weekend. I'll feel better once I get it in. That's all I have been thinking about since November!!! E-bay finally has stepped in and I may get a couple hundred bucks back through their protection plan. Not nearly what I spent but better than nothing. Man, I can't wait till this weekend...

I got another great deal that I'm sharing with someone else too. I was on another board where a Power Wagon owner was talking about his new tires. I asked him what he was doing with his old ones and he said he would sell them cheap. I picked up a set of 5, with the spare being brand new and the other 4 having 12,000 miles but showing very little wear, for $325.00!! The bad part is that one of my friends on that site also saw this and I know he had been looking for bigger tires for his 1500. He's a struggling college puke and I figured I would help him out and sell him the 4 used ones and I would just keep the spare which is all I really needed anyways. I am not making any money on this deal either. This will be my one good deed for the year!
All I can say is, it pays to be patient. I wish I would have thought that before I sent the $$$ for the turbo!!!
Old 01-16-2006, 05:59 PM

Well, NHdiesel, I'd say you get the award for deal of the year!!
Can I have the deal of the year award too? I only paid 500 too, His is newer but first gens rule! HAHA

Power wagon wheels look very nice on these trucks.

Coop
Old 01-16-2006, 06:14 PM

I've got my eyes open for one of those great deals on a 1st gen. I had one back in 92 and I wouldn't mind getting one for a commuter vehicle...
Old 01-16-2006, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Dodgezilla
Well, NHdiesel, I'd say you get the award for deal of the year!! Where are the "after" pictures??
Only 1, I uploaded it today. Its the one showing the red Herculined rockers. Its not *done* yet, still lots to do, but its coming along nicely. I still need to clearcoat the doors, add molding strips to the doors (or remove the rest), replace all the brake lines and hard fuel lines, and pick up the 4th matching wheel from my father (the one on the rear wheel is the new ones I'm running) and a few other small necessary things (like the KDP fix I keep putting off). I found another similar truck for sale in Mass. for around $3500, needing some work.

Jim
Old 01-17-2006, 05:00 AM

Looks like it's coming along fine....
Old 01-17-2006, 12:05 PM

There's another set of Power Wagon wheels/tires on e-bay right now if anyone is interested. Just do a search of Dodge Power Wagon in accessories. They are in California.