Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Word of warning - are you easy prey

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2006, 10:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Word of warning - are you easy prey

Watch this, and you will see how easy it is to become a victim.

http://www.sheriff.org/videos/psa_cartheft.html
Old 10-07-2006, 11:08 PM
CJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
5 years ago a person would have been called paranoid acting like that. Now its just common sense.
CJ
Old 10-08-2006, 06:48 AM

Meth users are big into ID theft. This is a major problem all over the country. Once your identity is stolen and your credit ruined, it could be years before you can clear it up.
Old 10-08-2006, 07:16 AM

Bad credit is a good defense against ID theft....lol

I got bad credit so I guess I'm safe? I doubt they would get anywhere with my credit. Not saying I leave all my stuff in plain view. I actually always scan the area where ever I'm at. I trust no one.
Old 10-08-2006, 09:59 AM

It happened to me in San Diego about 12 years ago. I had my wallet in my glove box of my toyota truck. Walked up to the window to pay ( less than 90secs) and pumped my gas. I then drove across the street to the bank to withdraw some money from the ATM and noticed my card missing. I immediately called and had everything cancelled. All they got was a chunk of plastic.
Old 10-08-2006, 12:39 PM

True story..

Driving through south phoenix (dont laugh), I was sitting at a red light in my old car and some crackhead actually walked up, opened the door, and helped himself to a seat. I was looking the other way and had music on so didnt know until he shut the door..

Thankfull he was so strung out all he did was keep talking fast and asking for medicine for his horses.

Now my doors are always locked and if questionable i have windows up.
Old 10-08-2006, 01:03 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

so far, the worst that has happened to me is the occational bum washing tthe rain-x off my windshield at stop lights in houston.

I did have a mexican try to buy my truck the other night at Wal-mart. I found the bottom of my shirt with my thumb and nicely turned down his offer and counter offer.
Old 10-09-2006, 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by Timmay2
True story..

Driving through south phoenix (dont laugh), I was sitting at a red light in my old car and some crackhead actually walked up, opened the door, and helped himself to a seat. I was looking the other way and had music on so didnt know until he shut the door..

Thankfull he was so strung out all he did was keep talking fast and asking for medicine for his horses.

Now my doors are always locked and if questionable i have windows up.
Haha , that was probably me
Old 10-09-2006, 09:22 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
I was driving through Richmond VA and was apparently in a bad neighborhood, at a red light. 4 thugs on the rightside, 1 on the left started moving toward my vehicle. I rolled down the drivers window and as the guy got close he realised I had my .45 in my hand when I asked, "can I help you?"

He hollered at the others (He's got a gun!) and they all scurried away like rats back to their hidey holes.

You have to be aware at all times what is going on around you or you ARE a victim.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:24 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)

You have to be aware at all times what is going on around you or you ARE a victim.
"Situational Awarness".....I think I remmeber that from teh academy.....
usefull concept..
Old 10-09-2006, 09:30 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by stock03
Meth users are big into ID theft. This is a major problem all over the country. Once your identity is stolen and your credit ruined, it could be years before you can clear it up.
Anyone caught with Meth should be shot right on the spot. They aren't worth anything else......except shooting Oklahoma State Troopers on the day after Christmas...sorry, worthless people. Shot them all.

Old 10-10-2006, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
I was driving through Richmond VA and was apparently in a bad neighborhood, at a red light. 4 thugs on the rightside, 1 on the left started moving toward my vehicle. I rolled down the drivers window and as the guy got close he realised I had my .45 in my hand when I asked, "can I help you?"

He hollered at the others (He's got a gun!) and they all scurried away like rats back to their hidey holes.

That's my vote

Was in NYC and a guy go's screaming by the truck and crashes this car into a wall and gets out and runs to find another vehicle, looks at me with a nife and it was just "Keep moving". He did back away fast. (it wasen't even a big knife)

It's amazing and there are some bad parts of town. We had a bad section of Philly when I lived down there and the girl at the time was like what do you do at a red light in that area, and the cop near me said you don't stop. I was like what. Guess they all knew you don't stop in that town.