Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Wooo Who, Good news for all of us from UPS!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 08:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 04ctd
Link removed by jrs_dodge_diesel.

While that site has good intent, there are an awful lot of foul language around there.
I have been to that site for a while. Great reading. Especially about the trailer backing over the skid of new computers. Wonder if lots of stuff on ebay is stolen from UPS?
Old 03-08-2006, 08:54 AM

UPS damaged a carrier and gear set. Lost some of the bearings. I submitted a claim and their answer since then has been "We cannot give you any information, we have to settle with the shipper". Great he has my money and I got damaged parts! Why are you going to give him (who won't return my calls) more money! Now I have a discount with FEDEX through my work and that is how I ship everything.

Randy
Old 03-08-2006, 09:12 AM

You should hear the reaction I get when I have something shipped to my parents' house here in West By God. "Off Rt. 60. The big white house on the hill just past the Southern States store. Don't worry - the driver knows us."

The response is typically something like, ".....if you say so, buddy...."

The stuff gets there, though.....
Old 03-08-2006, 11:18 AM
Banned

Whenever I have to have something shiped I cringe. First everybody charges different, of course most make money on it, to make up for "discount" prices.
A guy (store) wanted to charge me $45.00 to send me a few memory cards for a camera. I told him for that kind of money he better bring it himself with a limo.
Anyway the best I had was an order o for some computer (internal) wires. Ordered it from a website, turned out to be in Malasia, free FedEx for orders over $25.00. Mine was $29.30, placeds the order on the website on a Sunday got the stuff on Wednesday. How they do it? Who cares.
Old 03-08-2006, 12:04 PM

I use UPS very frequently for work and have never had any problems. I ship from/to downtown houston office to/from very rural industrial areas. The only problem i ever have is sometimes i dont get my packages till late in the day for some of my backwoods Tennessee/Kansas, etc places. I have stuck labels on everything from breifcases to duffle bags (didnt feel like carrying it to the airport and checking it) and never had problems with delivery.

FedEX. I collect a lot of soil samples and ship a lot of coolers (2-20, 75lb coolers at a time) and they have never lost one; just some strange looks from the counter people and they always ask and i have a different answer for them everytime. A lot of "To Me" "From Me" as well. Phone calls in the middle of the night to claim a leaking package, well thats a different story but understandable.

That being said, i never see our frieght bills, always priority overnight, and i have chased many brown/white trucks on the highway, i have never had a problem with package delivery and i ship a lot....now, to go and find some wood to knock on.
Old 03-08-2006, 12:21 PM

I just wish UPS would stop leaving my stuff at the abadoned house across from me. The house with no curtins, 2ft high grass, no mail box, empty living room view from the front door. Fed ex aint much better they get it to the house but won't put it inside the porch. Electric stuff don't like rain covered steps. oh well
Old 03-08-2006, 04:36 PM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Quicker shipping time means they will have less time to stomp my stuff to bits.
Old 12-07-2006, 08:51 PM

Ill pass on UPS

[QUOTE=jfpointer;928031]Just make sure before you make a claim against the UPS insurance that the package is worth it. Once you make a claim against them due to the incompetence of their driver, they'll basically never deliver to your house again, ever.

you got that right, I had a driver lose a package, I put the claim in, and they told me in no uncertain terms that for the rest of my natural life, unless I was home to personally sign their little computer on the spot, I could forget about getting my packages, they have the worst customer service policy ever, needless to say, when I need to ship packages, I send them DHL or USPS and I refuse to do business with Vendors who want to ship to my address using UPS
Old 12-08-2006, 04:17 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I just had a package shipped from Napa, CA to Lincoln, NE in the record speed of 11 days (6 business days ). I bought a GPS from a guy who on the same day snail mailed a bunch of accessories he forgot to put into the box. The parcial post MAIL got their in 5 days.

When I asked them what was the delay they said it was due to the fact I put a tracer on it looking for it. So if you put a tracer on a package it takes it out of the truck?

Brown is getting tooooo big for me. Try FED X. Cheap, fast, no BS.
Old 12-08-2006, 09:07 AM

Hey I work for UPS. Now I will not say that there system is perfect but sometimes is not their fault. I load the short little feeder trailers that you see running up and down the highway and I treat every package like it was my own. But if you think it is always UPS's fault it is not, sometimes it is the shippers fault. I have seen many boxs break not because of the way they were be handle but because of the way that they were packaged. I have had boxes that i have pickup to load in to my trailer that as soon as you pick it up the bottom falls trough because the people shipping it do not know how to wrap a heavy box and more then one piece of tape.

And don't get me started on Fed-ex. I have seen them a 35 inch tall tire and rim. You know what they told me when i called and asked were my tire was? They told me that they did not know and that if i want to I could buy a new rim and tire, $300, and they would ship it for free. I told them that they could buy me a new rim and tire and find the first rim and tire i bought and send both of them to me for free. They said they couldn't do that so i told them that my lawyer would be give them a call and the rim and tire showed up two days later. And just to let everyone know all Four rims and tires had my correct ship to address and each had their own tracking number.
Old 12-08-2006, 11:08 AM
Chapter President

Depends on where you are how good who is better. In my (home rural) area UPS rules, and anything shipped FedEx or DHL will arrive a day later than UPS to begin with then, (I know for sure FedEx but I think DHL too) their in with the local post office so only when we have a new driver (before they are told better) will deliver our packages (this is for a regular shipment), but they usually just have the Postal Service deliver a tag for us to go pick up the package the NEXT day. It would be too easy to make fun of UPS' slogan though, "what can brown do for you?"
Old 12-08-2006, 12:39 PM

Over the years I have recieved a few damaged shipments through UPS but never any hassle about returning to sender and replacement.
I live in a rural area and while working was gone most of the time, our local driver is very good about leaving your package, either in an open vehicle or at a neighbors house and leaves a note on the locked front gate so I know that I have recieved a package.

Harold
Old 12-08-2006, 12:53 PM
Banned

my ups driver loves my truck and is begging for a ride. everytime i purchase something for the truck and the box says industrial injection, quadzilla, etc he gently carries it to the door like it is fine china. he even knows what time i get home, and will deliver to the rest of the neighborhood first to waste time until i get there so he can see what i've bought now. if it is a brown box and tape, good luck even getting it without having to send out a blood hound.
Old 12-08-2006, 08:55 PM

A lot of the problem with UPS and transit times is the fact they use rail for their lower price packages. Union Pacific RR has theUPS contract for out west, and for the last 12 years they have been steadily working on bringing their railroad to a standstill.
Old 12-09-2006, 11:56 AM

I have to agree with IA_James, When Santa Fe RR had the contract there was a big penalty if the shipment did not make the delivery time, this continued when BN and SF joined. UP got the full contract and delivery times when downhill so much that BNSF began getting a lot of the business back, but without the guaranteed delivery.

Harold

Quick Reply: Wooo Who, Good news for all of us from UPS!