Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Women

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 10:30 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Lots of really dense people out there, and it is NOT limited to the fairer sex

So I would not turn this into a Woman bashing thread.
Old 08-24-2005, 10:36 AM
DTR'S Chaplain

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your wife is standing behind you right Lary?
Old 08-24-2005, 12:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you lary, i'm a little out numbered on here

Originally posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Lots of really dense people out there, and it is NOT limited to the fairer sex

So I would not turn this into a Woman bashing thread.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:18 PM
Chapter President

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by ramlovingvet
Your wife is standing behind you right Lary?

I love women.....and I wouldn't suggest that there are more or less of them that are dumb compared to men but.......allow me to give a mathematical equation to help define women to those who don't understand them - not that I do, but maybe this will help!

1) To find a woman you need time and money. Therefore :

WOMAN = TIME X MONEY

2) "Time is money" so:

TIME = MONEY

3) Therefore : WOMAN = MONEY X MONEY

or

WOMAN = (MONEY) squared

4)Money is the root of all problems, so :

MONEY = square root of PROBLEMS

5) Therefore :

MONEY = (square root of problems) squared

so :

WOMAN = PROBLEMS

Please, this is intended as a light-hearted joke and should not be viewed as women bashing or disrespectful (Afterall, I do like women and I love my wife).....those who have had women problems may more readily understand the equation compared to others who have not!!
Old 08-24-2005, 12:46 PM

I am no way bashing women, trust me I love them . Even my girl told me that the other day, she said the only reason i tell her sorry is because I just give in to her to stop the arguement. I had to laugh and the minute she realized what she said she was laughing harder than I was. I love her to death and she's a bright gal (she'll tell you the difference between all wheel drive and 4 wheel drive)(and how it works). How many guys can even do that??

Sometimes us guys don't understand the difference's of them. We'll never know what child birth is like, and they'll never know what it's like to go bald. Some things are just meant to be.

Matter of fact I have to go to the DMV to register her car.............
Old 08-24-2005, 03:31 PM

Originally posted by dslchk_cowgirl
NOw you guys know how us women feel. We wish that men came with an owners manual.
I know my wife wishes she had an owners manual. Even though it makes perfect sense to me, she doesn't understand why I love the smell of diesel fumes and the sound of my truck. Doesn't know why I love tractor pulls but she tells me to go and have fun. By the way all you diesel heads out there, if you have never been to a tractor pull and watched the Farm Stock and Pro Stock classes pull, you haven't really experienced life to it's fullest. Talk about BOOST.

I'll never forget a man that retired from my company about 18 years ago. He was 62 years old and had probably been married for over 40 of those years. At his retirement party, he was asked what he contributed his success too. He said that it was all due to his wife. He said that when they got married, he told her that he would make all the big decisions and she could make all of the small ones. He then said that so far he hadn't to make any decisions.
I tell people the same thing about my wife and I. So far it's worked for 20+ years.
Old 08-24-2005, 03:52 PM

My husband would agree with you on the decisions part. I make a lot of the decisions at our house. But we would definatly disagree on the truck part of it. I love diesel truck sounds and smells and tractor pulls. I have a few friends that just don't understand why I like any of that or why I even drive a truck.

Originally posted by Iron Mike
I know my wife wishes she had an owners manual. Even though it makes perfect sense to me, she doesn't understand why I love the smell of diesel fumes and the sound of my truck. Doesn't know why I love tractor pulls but she tells me to go and have fun. By the way all you diesel heads out there, if you have never been to a tractor pull and watched the Farm Stock and Pro Stock classes pull, you haven't really experienced life to it's fullest. Talk about BOOST.

I'll never forget a man that retired from my company about 18 years ago. He was 62 years old and had probably been married for over 40 of those years. At his retirement party, he was asked what he contributed his success too. He said that it was all due to his wife. He said that when they got married, he told her that he would make all the big decisions and she could make all of the small ones. He then said that so far he hadn't to make any decisions.
I tell people the same thing about my wife and I. So far it's worked for 20+ years.
Old 08-25-2005, 05:44 AM

Gota love a woman that loves a truck. My girl want's a new vehicle and asked if I'd help pay for it too. Told her sure "as long as it's a truck" She gave me that look but agreed. May not be a cummins but at least she'll have a truck.
Old 08-25-2005, 06:27 AM

Re: Women

Originally posted by CASMOKIN
Just thought I would share a funny. I was talking to my office mngr and secratery. We were talking about Charles Schwab, I asked them if they new who he was ? They both said " He's that tire guy, right" I almost fell over laughing
Originally posted by CASMOKIN
Hey I dont want to sound like a bonehead, but what the heck is a silencer ring and exactly where is it located? Thanks
And I fell over laughing at this statement!
Old 08-25-2005, 08:43 AM

Re: Re: Women

Originally posted by Flashdancr
And I fell over laughing at this statement!
I really didn’t laugh at the silencer ring question. There was a time when I didn’t know what a silencer ring was. My point is just because you are not as knowledgeable in some areas as someone else, does not make you stupid be you male or female. It is better to educate than berate lest your own lack of knowledge catch you with your macho pants down.

Old 08-25-2005, 09:56 AM

Re: Re: Re: Women

Very well said.

Originally posted by Flashdancr
My point is just because you are not as knowledgeable in some areas as someone else, does not make you stupid be you male or female. It is better to educate than berate lest your own lack of knowledge catch you with your macho pants down.

Old 08-25-2005, 10:20 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Had a hula-hoop on the gorund out by the garage. When she got to nagging too much, I made her stand in it. I called the silencer ring. 'course she's not with me anymore......
Old 08-25-2005, 10:30 AM

Old 08-25-2005, 11:50 AM
Chapter President

TAS05CTD610

My girl can tell the difference between 2x4, 4x4, 1/2 3/4 and 1tons diesels, gasers and just about everything else you could ask a girl to. She can pump her own gas and everything even change the oil. But trust me, when we pull up to the station, She knows she isn't getting out. (Just cuz she can don't mean she has to).

Now CTDNUT you'll love this. Seeing as I have a wrangler, she can tell the different years
of the wranglers. But even better she can tell the difference between all the jeeps, CJ 5, 7, 8,
even the older b models

Now cookin and cleanin, She's got that all down pat too!!! of course that's why I'm marrieng her in December!!!! And no she isn't 6'5 210lbs with more facial hair than me. You wanna see her, look in my gallery.

Girls take a lot of our crap guys, as do we. They listen for hours and hours about our toys, trucks, etc. and we give them the chance to just yell some times. It's a trade off, but That's worth it right?!?!?! TRUST ME I SURE THINK IT IS!
Old 08-25-2005, 11:53 AM

My 1 1/2 year old girl says "dod" as she can't say Dodge yet. The older one was the same way, but now she knows that Ford is a PS and Chevy is DM and Dodge is Yours Truly. The funny thing is that she asks me about these things, and helps me with oil changes, tire rotations, washing etc. Makes daddy propd.

Quick Reply: Women