Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

What you do if it was your daughter

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 10:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The old man was an idiot for many reasons.

In basic gun training (hunter's safety), you learn never to point a gun at anything you don't want to kill.
It is an 18yr old kid... take him out back and beat a lesson into him, dont shoot him.
Reflect on what principles YOU have instilled on your daughter that did not prevent this situation from happening in the first place.
Are you too busy to be involved in your daughter's life? Guys just don't show up in her bed (at least I hope not).
Be involved and communicate (especially to any guy friend she has, give him the "thats my little girl" speech)

I had my first "thats my little girl" speech when I was 17 and it makes you think twice and have more respect for the little lady's dad. If he says nothing, it seems as if he doesn't care. I ain't gonna lie, I was a skinny tall senior in high school and her dad was a machine operator and had a strong voice. If he said home by 10, I was there at 9:50 just out of respect. College is a different story, we wont go there. To the dads of college girls I will tell you this; the morals and values instilled in your daughters, daily, throughout their lifetime are still there in college, you should be proud to have raised an insightful respectable member of society. If there is a lack of the aforementioned morals and values, may the dice roll in your favor.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by BigErksG2

In basic gun training (hunter's safety), you learn never to point a gun at anything you don't want to kill.
It is an 18yr old kid... take him out back and beat a lesson into him, dont shoot him.
Reflect on what principles YOU have instilled on your daughter that did not prevent this situation from happening in the first place.
Are you too busy to be involved in your daughter's life? Guys just don't show up in her bed (at least I hope not).
Be involved and communicate (especially to any guy friend she has, give him the "thats my little girl" speech)

I had my first "thats my little girl" speech when I was 17 and it makes you think twice and have more respect for the little lady's dad. If he says nothing, it seems as if he doesn't care. I ain't gonna lie, I was a skinny tall senior in high school and her dad was a machine operator and had a strong voice. If he said home by 10, I was there at 9:50 just out of respect. College is a different story, we wont go there. To the dads of college girls I will tell you this; the morals and values instilled in your daughters, daily, throughout their lifetime are still there in college, you should be proud to have raised an insightful respectable member of society. If there is a lack of the aforementioned morals and values, may the dice roll in your favor.
Very well stated....good post!!!
Old 10-26-2009, 09:27 AM
Administrator

Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts
Originally Posted by cbrahs
It would have been 2 to the chest 1 to the head.
X2, that is if I didn't snap his flippin neck first..............

Sorry, you don't play with my daughter.......
Old 10-26-2009, 09:33 AM

Guys are only half the equation is my opinion. I can think of several time were i would be at the girls house and she would start it.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:55 AM
I think I can... I think...

Beat the crap out of him for not respecting me or my home. Then beat the crap out of her for not following the rules set forth at her birth as well as for not respecting me and her mother!!!
Old 10-26-2009, 01:00 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
I'm not sure that I'd have shot him,......I'd think the bedroom door swinging open and the clack of a 12 ga bolt or a 1911 slide slaming home would have just about taken ALL the air out of his amorous sails.
THEN I'd call 9-1-1.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Purplezr2
Guys are only half the equation is my opinion. I can think of several time were i would be at the girls house and she would start it.
Agree

Originally Posted by capt.Ron
Beat the crap out of him for not respecting me or my home. Then beat the crap out of her for not following the rules set forth at her birth as well as for not respecting me and her mother!!!
Agree

Originally Posted by BigErksG2

Agree

Originally Posted by Fronty Owner
Safe sex is using protection AND not getting caught.

I believe honestly that ALL three are at fault.
Dad - for not knowing what's going on in his daughters life.
Daughter - for not introducing the boy to her parents.
The Boy - for not meeting the parents.
Agree

It seems most of you guys are only seeing half the equation here. If it was consensual, the girl is just as much at fault as the guy is. Daughters are NOT perfect little angels who can do no wrong. I think if he can justify shooting the guy, he can just as easily justify shooting his own daughter because they were both equally at fault. Why is it that it's perfectly fine to shoot the guy but let the girl off with a lecture or just take away some of her privelages for a while? Don't you think the punishment should be equal on both sides? If two people committed a murder and each had an equal part in it, would you let one go and execute the other? I think not. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the dad SHOULD have shot either one of them, I'm just saying that there's a huge dispairty here and it seems most of you are completely blind to it.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by randallp84
I think if he can justify shooting the guy, he can just as easily justify shooting his own daughter because they were both equally at fault.
Exactly. It makes me laugh at all the comments like, "don't mess with my daughter," she is gonna mess around whether you like it or not, or know about it. "x2 on shooting him." She is just as at fault. Also, I was a teen not too too long ago (27 now) and if I had to say, girls now days are way more inviting, crazy, and wilder than they've ever been. Most young ladies now days like to flaunt, flirt and get crazy.... behind daddy's eyes... Its the truth. When I was a senior, it was hard to find a girl that hadn't slept with 10 guys... huh, or girls (crazy) by the time high school was over. Sounds horrible, but its the truth.... I guess all the guys are at fault. Once again, if your gonna shoot him, ya better throw lead at her too.

Its not right.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:53 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by chaikwa
Hmmmm. That's a good point. I don't know if the states that recognize it's consensual at 16 or 17 are still bound to enforce statutory rape under 18.

Bottom line as far as I'M concerned tho, is if it's MY house and I say 'no, you're not gonna do that', then you ain't gonna do it!

chaikwa.

The whole point of statutory is that a minor doesn't have the legal capacity to consent. Hence, there's no such thing as consensual with a minor-- in a legal sense, anyway.

So there's either no consent because of being a minor (whatever the state defines the age of majority to be for sexual conduct), or there is a Capacity to consent which may or may not have been used.

IOW, it's always rape if they are underage. It's *sometimes* rape if they are not.

Just typing this post makes me want to throw up in my mouth a bit.

Disgusting.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:03 PM
I think I can... I think...

Originally Posted by dslpwr81
Exactly. It makes me laugh at all the comments like, "don't mess with my daughter," she is gonna mess around whether you like it or not, or know about it.
Not always true.
IF (and that's a really big IF), a parent is really involved with their kids and I mean every aspect of their lives there is a really good chance those kids will not have underage sex, do drugs or be involved in underage drinking.
My wife and I were always chaparones at all of the dances, went to all of the school functions with our girls and did not allow them to date at all until several criteria were met.
  1. They had to be at least 16
  2. We had to know the young man asking them out
  3. We had to know exactly where they were going and when the function/movie would end.
  4. Last but not least we had to see a level of maturity from both our daughters and the guys taking them out

She is just as at fault.
Absolutely and I would wager that the parents had some fault in this too. A little hint was the fact that the dad was actually her "Step dad"
Not saying that this is always the case but way too often parents haven't the control to either pick the right mate or the power to make what could be a good marriage work.
Also not blaming the stepdad.....I know a few that have been much better parents than maternal father!! It takes a special person to takeover someone else's kids and raise them right.

Also, I was a teen not too too long ago (27 now) and if I had to say, girls now days are way more inviting, crazy, and wilder than they've ever been.
That should be a hint to you that when the time comes you must be a vigilant parent and not an excuser......You know the type, "Well I've done worse at that age kinda hard for me to tell her she can't do that"
Too many parents make that major mistake!! A parent needs to look at what they've done, realize how bad things could have been and reign in their kids a little more than they were reigned in.

Most young ladies now days like to flaunt, flirt and get crazy.... behind daddy's eyes... Its the truth. When I was a senior, it was hard to find a girl that hadn't slept with 10 guys... huh, or girls (crazy) by the time high school was over. Sounds horrible, but its the truth....
It's a sign of the times!!!! Lazy parents who choose not to do what it takes to keep their children in line.
Many are too worried about being their kids best friend.
That comes when they're grown and realize that Mom and Dad loves them dearly and did what they did because of that love.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:13 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by randallp84
If it was consensual, the girl is just as much at fault as the guy is. I think if he can justify shooting the guy, he can just as easily justify shooting his own daughter because they were both equally at fault.
Exactly. She is just as at fault. Once again, if your gonna shoot him, ya better throw lead at her too.
FINE! Then shoot the daughter too if it makes you feel better.

chaikwa.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:08 AM

if I had to say, girls now days are way more inviting, crazy, and wilder than they've ever been. Most young ladies now days like to flaunt, flirt and get crazy.... behind daddy's eyes... Its the truth.
I was a patron at a bar last week (for a change) and had a girl (no older than 22) reach inside the front of my pants. She was somebody's daughter. Girls now a days are nowhere near what they were 30 years ago (from what I hear about gilrs back then). Having worked at various bars over the past 5 years I have been nothing short of molested by the new age females in our society, mostly 18-25 yr olds. Granted I dont live out in the sticks where it can be a completely different type of living (which I tend to like), I did go to college in a small mountain town and the local females had a similar demeanor. It could have been because of the influx of culture by the college or it could be the changing times of kids being raised by a TV and the internet while the parents have better things to do rather than being a parent.
My mom+dad were a little "old fashioned" and I would not have wanted it any other way. Soccer games every weekend during soccer season, mountain biking around the local water resivoir, camping vacations in the mountains, sunday mornings at the flea market, shooting guns and fishing with dad, working on cars, building a garage, etc. What happened to the simple things in life? Now everyone is too busy to raise their own kids and it makes me .
Old 10-27-2009, 10:58 AM
Administrator

Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts
Couple of points here guys.

1.) At age 18 she is on her own, my comments regarding what I would do is strictly in regards to a Minor. Hopefully she will have retained enough of my values to act properly.

2.) Most properly raised Girls are not out looking to get laid, once again, specifically those under the age of 18. Most can be coerced into it given enough sweet talk. I think that is the real value of the old "cleaning my Shotgun" when you come to pick up my daughters value. Not that it will prevent anything, just make it more difficult for the guy to continue to press, there are easier marks out there.
Old 10-27-2009, 12:18 PM

No forced entry into the house and the daughter obviously let him in. I would have told them to get dressed and told the boy to call his parents:

A: If the boy had a reasonable set of parents I would have told them I'd either kill the little SOB or make it a legal matter. Make sure the daughter is in the room so she knows if she screws up its his ***.

B: If the boy didnt have parents that would come over I'd take him for a drive out to the country and leave him in BFE. Would have an interesting conversation along the way.

Shooting someone and getting sent the jail is no way to raise a daughter and be a provider. Young and dumb they both are, but trying to kill the kid is a waist of good ammo.

Growing up at that age I had a girlfriend thats father was a state patrolmen who ran the bomb squad and carried a 30-06 for when a little precision was needed. Intimidation is everything.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:09 AM

I think a good beating was inorder here!! That would set anybody straight.
Now for my daughter, she's only 2 and when she's 30 and allowed out of the house she can date who she wants!