Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

What is it ya'all do...

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2002, 12:21 PM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is it ya'all do...

What is that you guys do that allows you to post to DTR 24/7?? I, as you all probably know, am a graphic artist when I'm not monkeying around with my animals, my boats, or my honey *grin*...and I know Jack is a computer guru, dieseldude is the Homer Simpson of the nuclear reactor world, Huey is a doughnut connisseur and Cattle Hauler makes those foam rubber fingers you see at football games and, well, hauls cattle...so what is it the rest of you do, or are you just really good at eluding your bosses watchful eye??
Old 10-09-2002, 12:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re:What is it ya'all do...

I teach printing at a career and tech high school, been doing it for 28 years. Just wish it was time to retire.
Old 10-09-2002, 12:37 PM
DTR'S Chaplain

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hospital Info Systems and general MR Fix It<br>
Old 10-09-2002, 12:40 PM

Computer Programmer - Mainframe COBOL and CICS
Old 10-09-2002, 12:41 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

College Student, Freightliner Tech, Dispatcher / Jailer Thursdays and on the weekends when im not rodeoing.<br>
Old 10-09-2002, 12:44 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Telephone Installation &amp; Maintenance Tech(22yrs).
Old 10-09-2002, 12:44 PM
Administrator

Actually, I am a Mechanical Nuclear Supervisor working in the Maintenance Department at a Nuclear station. (going on 21 years) I have a group that works for me that sets up and resource loads all of the work for the refueling otuages. (2 units every 18 months) Usually about 1800 to 2000 work orders. During the outage, I get a crew and am in charge of taking the reactors apart for the fuel movers. There are 157 fuel rods and one third of them get replaced every outage. Then after the fuel movers are done, we put it back together. Pretty interesting stuff. The 58 reactor head studs (head bolts on a diesel) are six inches in diameter, about six feet long and weigh 650 pounds each. They are stretched to around 0.047 thousandths of an inch or a little over a million pounds load hydraulically. The one load we pick up is 125 tons which is the reactor head itself. Outage budget is usually in the $13 to $14 million range. It's tight to get all the work done for that. We have six electric motors here that weigh a little over 40 tons each and have 6000 horse power. There aint nothin little around this place. Don't say it!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D<br>Ya'll come by some time and I'll give you a tour. 8) 8)<br>Will probalby get caught surfing sooner or later but whatever.<br><br><br>
Old 10-09-2002, 12:51 PM

Pipe Designer <br><br>(use custom versions of AutoCad &amp; Microstation) and is use some really cool 3D programs. I had some cool 3D pics of a plant we just finished, but my puter crashed and I didnt get to copy them to my new Dell.
Old 10-09-2002, 12:53 PM

I have a degree in architecture and industrial technology, did a little of both. But here I am an operations manager for a high end interior design firm. I oversee construction and installations of office buildings and furnishings. I get to fly around alot. I also teach pottery at night for an adult school.
Old 10-09-2002, 12:55 PM

I design OEM automotive sound systems for Bose.
Old 10-09-2002, 01:01 PM

IBM Tools and Test Equipment Engineer - also Head Metrologist for calibration of all field equipment deemed in need of calibration (nationwide).<br><br>My job lets me play with lots of new toys - usually electronics but really everything from screwchisels to 2GB interface testers to oscilloscopes to spectrum analyzers. I am trying to finish up my long-put-off Engineering Degree so being slow at work is not bad for me. As long as the paycheck shows up twice a month I keep filling the door here in my lab every morning.
Old 10-09-2002, 01:11 PM
Administrator

CH likes to toss the bull a lot.
Old 10-09-2002, 01:17 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

Retired US Army Special Forces. Mostly I golf and fish and travel. I own a small gunsmithing operation that keeps me WAY too busy in the fall. :'( The fishing also includes those days on the boat when I make a pitcher of margaritas and hope like hell the fish leave me alone) ;D
Old 10-09-2002, 01:24 PM
Administrator

But of course...

Quick Reply: What is it ya'all do...