Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

The "What happend to last week?" Breakroom Dec 10-16, 2017

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2017, 06:48 AM

Received 2,394 Likes on 1,577 Posts
Originally Posted by ofcmarc
Evenin' all! Still a nice and toasty 20* up here north of the Northpole. Haven't had to hardly plug in the truck all week.

EbaneezerStan, Santa is magical, your calculations and logic mean nothing!
I am guessing the guy from the North Pole has better insider knowledge than the guy from Mexico on Santa.

Morning all.
Coffee, some hot water and teas along with some heart healthy apple fritters are out.
Lary they where out of the Asphalt flavored tea you like...sorry
I am having a quick black tea with the dragon and I am out. It looks like me got 10 inches of snow since yesterday...I might have to fire up the old plow truck for the first plow of the season today.
Old 12-13-2017, 07:02 AM
DTR's "Cooler than ice cubes 14 miles North of North Pole" member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by oliver foster
I am guessing the guy from the North Pole has better insider knowledge than the guy from Mexico on Santa.
I can neither confirm nor deny any knowledge, lack of knowledge or involvement or lack of involvement in any such operations......

Coffee, some hot water and teas along with some heart healthy apple fritters are out.
Love me some apple fritters! Thanks OF! Enjoy the plowing. We are still apparently using a thermal plow up here...... 38* this AM
Old 12-13-2017, 07:02 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
EbaneezerStan, Santa is magical, your calculations and logic mean nothing!

Hey! I am soooooo hurt. Now looking for the DTR safe room to get my feelings back together.

Not necessarily. Sometimes the guys closest to the problem can't see the forest for the trees!
Old 12-13-2017, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by Mexstan
Hey! I am soooooo hurt. Now looking for the DTR safe room to get my feelings back together.
I don't remember the breakroom EVER being labeled a "Safe Space"....

Not necessarily. Sometimes the guys closest to the problem can't see the forest for the trees!
No forest or trees where the reindeer are....
Old 12-13-2017, 08:21 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Good Morning boys and girls! Thanks for the coffee and fritters Ollie, I use a shot of fuel conditioner in my coffee when my favorite asphalt flavor is gone

The only safe place around here is in the cleaning closet.....NOBODY ever goes near that thing!

Have a safe day folks!
Old 12-13-2017, 12:38 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

I don't remember the breakroom EVER being labeled a "Safe Space"....

No forest or trees where the reindeer are....

OK, you win.
Old 12-13-2017, 10:14 PM

OK, you win.
Oh boy! First week back and I'm already winning.... Hopefully my prize is some more of Ollie's fritters. Those were darn good.

Evening all! Fresh pot of Coffee is on for anyone burning the midnight oil.
Old 12-14-2017, 07:26 AM

Well, I drank the last pot all by myself.... I guess I'll put on a fresh one and see if the scent of Costa Rican Breakfast blend will attract anything.....
Old 12-14-2017, 08:40 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
What’s that smell?
Old 12-14-2017, 09:44 AM
Admin Team Leader

Oops I left my socks in the dishwasher again...i sure do like the way they smell after the rinse and dry cycle
Old 12-15-2017, 06:11 AM

GASP! This place stinks and when I came in the dragon was sleeping on the counter with it's head hanging out the broken window. Even although it is cold, left the door open and turned the fan on. Next person in here can close the door and turn the fan off.

The coffee pot smelled strange, so am guessing Scotty has been around and sabotaged it once again. Give the guy a break, because he has problems. Gave it an acid rinse and made new coffee using an unopened can of Tim Hortons coffee. Fresh ph00 is ready too. An assortment of fresh cut up fruit is in the fridge. Lots of prickly pear fruit mixed in with it, but no mangoes this time as they are out of season. Try the guavas as they are larger than usual and delicious.

Heading out in a couple of hours for a breakfast date.

Ciao.
Old 12-15-2017, 07:24 AM

Received 2,394 Likes on 1,577 Posts
The tropical fruit was a nice breakfast Stan for a -20F* morning up here in VT.

I closed the door and had a tea with the dragon.
I am off to stoke the outdoor wood stove and try not to freeze my...well anything off.
Old 12-15-2017, 08:09 AM
Admin Team Leader

Good Morning Folks thanks for breakfast Stan....been fighting a cold here sure be glad when I quit hacking up a lung
Old 12-15-2017, 09:08 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Morning all. Excuse the absences. Not fun around here right now. Doc's offices, 1/2 day in hospital quick care taking all kinds of pictures of me - - smile pretty!!!!! Come on -- just take it and let me out of here. Honey, we are out of coffee and milk. Yes dear, run right out and bring it to you. Oh, by the way, cannot run the microwave - - the breaker keep tripping. OK, I will put in a new breaker. Honey, the vacuum is not working. Ok baby, I will fix it. Mr. King, where did you put the gutter guard - - I am at your house to put it up. Sorry, haven't had time to go get it - - will head there now. Daddy, the front electric gate will not work and I cannot get the truck out to make deliveries. I am afraid the cows will get out if I mess with it. Be right out, dear. By the way, while here, could you check the gate into the pasture - - the lock is not working. OK.

So, there is a bit of my week so far. Made a pot of ph00 for the lovers of such - - or am I the only idiot that likes the stuff???? ......

OK, grabbing mine and gone and see if I can find something to do ....................
Old 12-15-2017, 03:03 PM

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts
Snifff ... sniffff

Did someone make a pot of Tim's coffee?

I dropped in a while back and found the place completely remodeled ... fancy coffee pot and little plastic cups of some sort... fresh paint and ...

Then a bit later I slip by the door and 'bout get knocked over with a stink that smell like Lazarus in the grave for three days ...!!!

Now!?!? ... only the lingering hint of Timmy's coffee

Been working on my ol piece ... dealing with a very soft break pedal and don't ya know when I go to pull the rear drums there is a huge spindle nut ... had no clue ... button it all back up, move truck out of garage put family SUV back in garage and go tell wife I can't fix the problem cause I don't have correct socket (I know there are ways to jamb/remove the nuts without socket) ... she smiles and says go get it from NAPA!!! I love it when I don't have to persuade her ... then I see the wheels turning in her head "It can be your stocking stuffer!"

Now gotta convince her to let me have it early or wait another 10 days to restart the rear break job!!

I did learn that 2 of my ujoints are bad when I had the rear tires off the ground... so gotta add that to the ever growing list of to be dones

And also learned that I have a limited slip rear end ... I assume this based upon the fact the the rear tires spin in different directions when rotated by hand.

Fresh pot of Tim's coffee on

Quick Reply: The "What happend to last week?" Breakroom Dec 10-16, 2017