Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Well, add injector pump R&R and timing to my list of qualifications :)

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 01:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, add injector pump R&R and timing to my list of qualifications :)

I thought I was never going to get this thing running after my pump locked up, and I read the instructions (TSB) on how to pull the pump out of the truck, and retime it once it was on.

Tonight I finished everything up, and the sumbeach fired up the first time I cranked it over! I was astonished to say the least! I DEFINITELY wouldn't have been able to do it without the help of all you guys here. Don't want to seem like I don't appreciate the help of everyone, but Forrest (Nearing), Paul (Winey), 12valve, Bill (infidel) and Dshiftff really went out of their way simplifying things to the stupid level so I could understand and get this truck going. Hell Forrest even called me to walk me through some stuff and explain things.

Just wanted to say thanks again, awesome site and awesome people! I don't come around this "Lounge" section much, because I visit a lot of sites (have 7 vehicles, lots of forums to keep up with. ).

So after 3 nights of working til 1am in sub-freezing temps, I present a little video.
http://paradox.shacknet.nu/dave88lx/...after_pump.wmv

10 minutes after I shut the truck off, 2 cruisers & 3 cops were at my house for a noise complaint. It was the same neighbors across the street that complain about every freaking thing I do anyways. There were no problems with the cops though. Guess the truck is a little loud.
Old 12-05-2006, 06:19 PM
Banned

yup, it's just another engine, and once you get comfortable with it, it's one of the easiest to work on save for the weight of everything! LOL!

not sure what's up w/ your current issues... have you tried bleeding the injection lines? you can have just enough air in the lines that it'll still run, but you lose a lot of fuel because the pump has to compress the air... and due to the shape/arrangement of the lines, the air won't bleed, it'll just sit there.

it's worth a shot
Old 12-05-2006, 06:23 PM
Banned

You did good That pump has a very hard to get to bolt and it weights a ton or more. A CP3 is a very easy change compared to a P-Pump

CRIS
Old 12-07-2006, 06:31 PM
Muted User

YES! YES! smoke rocks! SMOKE SOME HIPPIES!

I remember somone a couple posts up one day told me on the phone while I was in the parking lot at school how to turn my smoke screw all the way in and make massive smoke. Boy was that fun. I think I had so much fun then and there that I forgot to attend class
Old 12-07-2006, 10:25 PM

I bought the 15mm Snap-On swivel socket, was worth every dollar of the $35 I paid for it. Thankfully it didn't snap! I think the hardest part was just doing it for the first time. I think now I could have it out in a couple hours since I know what I'm looking for/doing. Fun stuff!