Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Welcome to the September virtual break room

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2020, 08:52 AM

Received 420 Likes on 321 Posts
38° to 48° with afternoon showers. Didn't rain yesterday as predicted, but the wind sure was howling. Did some more reinforcement of the shop walls. The door works better now. Did some measurements of the 1st gen and ordered hopefully the rest of the parts for my cooler tubes.
Het Olly, how do you chose? Rootlet wheel whit their names on it?
Old 09-29-2020, 08:11 AM

Received 2,410 Likes on 1,589 Posts
Originally Posted by cougar
Het Olly, how do you chose? Rootlet wheel whit their names on it?
It depends on the activity we are planning and how much of the family is going on a trip.
The crew cabs work best for trips with the over 300# of dog my two girls weight. They also work best for 3 or 4 people trips.
The reg cabs or best for two people or just me and ONE dog.
The 12V Ramcharger tends to get picked for trips with nicer roads on nicer days as it is such a clean ride.

Another final decision is how well they are running. I know the white crew cabs wipers have gone out again. I bet it is those cheap plastic bushing in the linkage...That will not get fixed till winter, so rainy day drives in that one is out.

All that said we did not have to make any choices as I was dealing with an old Dodge trucks ALL weekend and yesterday. A simple 5 speed swap project got snarled up when the transmission was pulled from the donor to find a badly cracked NV-4500 bell housing. The rest of the stuff that slowed me down revolved around rusty metal, crumbling frames and stubborn bolts that the bolts heads looked like rusty acorns. The old red wrench burned up some metal yesterday.

We did get some rain and wind on Sunday that quickly changed the peak foliage colors of Sat. to a lot of leaves blowing around and some of the early to shed trees looking like big sticks.
Vermont gets two extra little seasons, one of which we are about to start.....Stick season. The other would be mud season which is usually late April and some of May.
Old 09-29-2020, 10:24 AM

We only have 2 seasons, winter and road construction. We got some new out-of-state neighbors one house over. Wife was out walking Morris and saw them trying to use a leaf blower to clear their driveway. Can you say "resistance is futile"?
After job hunting, I did some more tinkering around the work shop yesterday. I only wish it was big enough to fit a vehicle in.
Old 09-30-2020, 10:25 AM

Today might be our first snow. 31° and should start shortly. Spent yesterday cleaning the house. Vacuumed, then cleaned the vacuum cleaner. Changed the filters and blew the dust bunnies out of the air purifiers. Blew the dust bunnies out of the portable heaters. Mr. Morris, of course supervised. He has excepted the compromise I made with him about the bed. He has his own dedicated corner next to the window and I get the rest.