Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

The Week that Is Breakroom - KISS 8/20-8/26

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2017, 02:45 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
All set up to observe the ancient sun god ritual performed by the Inca during a eclipse....got my sacrificial goat, flat elevated surface and my sunglasses....

Some how I feel I must be doing it all wrong......

The following users liked this post:
oliver foster (08-22-2017)
Old 08-21-2017, 06:05 PM

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts
Over cast here today ... was working outside of the shop around 11am and could see about 2/3 of the eclipse through the cloud cover ... pretty neat.

Lunch at 12 noon ... sky cleared up a bit and quickly I took a few looksees through my welding helmet... could just see the last bit as moon passed through
Old 08-22-2017, 06:44 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Just wandered my yard checking on the efficiency of the watering system - - all seems well. Flowers are going crazy this morning - - really pretty. Gorgeous morning, cooler, the sun seems to be OK, no big sides gouged out or missing, so maybe it came through its ordeal OK.

Lary, cute picture and so fitting for the day. Two members of the family got some perfect views, one out west and one here in the east. One guy came in the service station yesterday higher than a kite with excitement. Have you seen out there? Oh my goodness, you can almost feel what is happening. The colors are amazing and so quickly it happens. It even got cooler for a moment. He was funny.

OK, fresh ph00 and coffee on, grabbed a few sprinkles on the way by DD. Gotta run - - long day in class today trying to learn how spend my little bit of money. I sure need help. ...............................

...............................................L8R
Old 08-23-2017, 08:30 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
I was one of the million or so that migrated to Wyoming for Monday. Wandered in, through the drunken party crowd and stupid campers in the rest stops waiting to be evicted and went up into the country east of Glendo and found someone willing to let me dry camp in their yard for $50. Weather was crystal clear. Eclipse was awesome.

Next to me was a dad and son with a good telescope. Let us take a peek.

Eclipse got over. All roads between there and Colorado grid locked for about 10 hours. We went North on back roads and promptly got lost in the Wyoming bad lands for 2 hours. That also was awesome.
Old 08-24-2017, 05:34 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Good morning from Paradise once again. There has been some really strange weather here lately. Yesterday morning there were a few clouds at daybreak which meant that the sunrise changed the color of the clouds to very pretty pinks, oranges and similar shades. The blue sky between the clouds changed to a bright turquoise. Counted my blessings that I can still see God's daily displays. For the last two days around 16:30 the sky has clouded over and with no thunder or lightening there has been a sudden sharp downpour lasting less than 10 minutes. No rain after that and after a while, the clouds dissipate again. The entire countryside is still very green as it is still the rainy season.

Fresh coffee and ph00 is ready. At least I think that it is coffee and ph00 as I had to go by smell alone. No idea what kind of coffee or ph00 it is due to someone removing all the labels off the cans and bottles. Strongly suspect a certain hefty Canadian as being the culprit. It's also kind of dark in here this morning and see that all the light bulbs are missing. Why is that?

John, sounds like you had lots of fun.

Got a call yesterday from the wife of a long term retired ex-pat American couple that I have been friends with down here for many years. I call him a Yankee hillbilly as he is from NH and some of the things that he does around his house are very hillbillyish. Drives his wife crazy at times. He is a doctor doctor. Yup, two doctorates and used to work at Livermore, so is no dummy. They needed me to go Home Depot with my truck to pick up some plywood. He is now 78 years old (79 on Dec 25) and it is sad to see him going downhill. Last month due to deteriorating vision he decided to stop driving and sell his car. I also have noticed that he is becoming a bit childish and a few other changes. Not nice to see changes like this in anybody. Can only hope that in time that my body and brain does not go the same way. Hmmmm, how do I know it hasn't already?

Date day with my wife and so far have no idea what she has in mind to do or places to go. She leaves shortly (at 05:40 every day) to go and do her non-stop 2,000 meter swim, so I will only get to talk to her once she returns. Stay away from her at this time of the day as mornings are not her thing. Some of you here I think are the same. Right?

Ciao.
Old 08-24-2017, 06:26 AM

Coffee is good ... I brought fresh multigrain bread and peanut butter... quick bfast this morning as I'm taking the 4 oldest kidos fishing at a little trout pond I know of

Have great day fellas
Old 08-24-2017, 09:57 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Morning y'all. Surgery went better than expected. The x-ray didn't tell the true story, which doesn't surprise me. The cartilage in question had healed perfectly fine. The separation between the bones is normal, for me. Yes, I'm not normal. The TFCC tendon and the meniscus under it where in the words of the doctor "shredded". A lot of cleanup and re-grafting later, the doctor is optimistic for a full and quick recovery. Bummer, I wanted another 2 months off work.
The eclipse was cancelled by rain. Didn't even get any darker than it already was.
Seeing more snow pop up around the state, leaves are staring to turn.
Lost one of our last batch bunnies, road kill. The 4 babies are keeping hid away only coming out on occasion.
Old 08-24-2017, 01:24 PM

Back from fishing... it was a bust ! But better than a day at the office is the old saying! I enjoy time with my kiddos... time is so very valuable... make the most of it guys!!

Anyway, I made a post over in the 1st gen section about welding body panels... looking for information as per welding new rocker and floor pans with flux core self shielded ... all the details are over there so if anyone has experience let me know the route I need to go

I see crumbs all over the counter and claw marks in the peanut butter... but no dragon...
Old 08-24-2017, 06:32 PM

Hi gang - - sorry been missing. Still feeling horrible. New pills they sent me on Tuesday may be helping a bit, but boy it sure does still hurt, fever, no energy, lots of sleep. And my cardio man wants a treadmill stress test on Monday - -you gotta be kidding. I will be lucky to walk into his office - - in fact, maybe I won't go. Yeh. This is horrible.

Pass on the ph00 today - - does not sound good at all. Hardly ate all day and yesterday. YUK

L8R
Old 08-25-2017, 06:52 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Great News for Coug

Not so good for BobbyDependable.
I sure hope you start feeling better.
My old infection feels like its acting up again in my shouldet. Have all my tests and appts lined up for next week.

all the fixins are set out for great eats this AM

Dig in!
Old 08-25-2017, 07:03 AM

Thanks Scotty - - - hey, you don't need to go through all that crap again. Behave. Don't want that for you - - bummer. Will be praying for you - - again - - or is it "still" - - ?

Some neat look yummies but just not hungry. No lunch yesterday, couple bites of chicken and few forks of corn last night. Best meal of day is my bowl of oatmeal. Fever was better last night - - pillow was only partially wet. Still shuffling along - - no strength and dizzy. OK, stop it. I am NOT always dizzy. Just quit. ..............

I did make some ph00 and coffee - - still like my morning ph00, so not really really sick. ........................

Coug, good news they found your problem and felt positive with results. Relief. Can't believe snow all ready. Crazy weather. Two times we have been up there all summer and did not leave until Sept 15 one time and Sept 2 second time. Weather was still gorgeous. Did hit a hummer dinger on the first trip along Glacier Highway - - cars in ditch, motorcycles abandoned beside road. We slowed our train down and moved along very comfortably. I do remember when you got out of the cab and got hit with those HUGE snow flakes, they would knock you down - - - well, almost. LOL A little scary until we dropped down a bit. Sure didn't want that big fiver sliding into the ditch, and being a Florida boy, my tires we definitely not snow tires. YIKES

Have a gudurn.
Old 08-25-2017, 10:59 AM

Hang tough Scotty, don't let the bad stuff win.
Bob, the pain pills they gave me are doing nothing. Yet there is a big warning that says they are a powerful pain killer and can become addictive. Not happening in my case. Besides, the pain isn't that bad when you have friends to encourage you.
Old 08-26-2017, 06:45 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Good morning. Not going to tease y'all about my weather today while some of our Texas friends are suffering with Harvey. Some of the DTR members are right in the path, so when you can, let us know what is happening. Shorts, as far as I know, you are in Corpus Christie, so how are you faring?

All to many of you are sick and ailing for various reasons. Bob, hope that today you can provide us with a better report than the last few days. Cougar, at least you have some news of improvement, so hope this continues, even if it means that you need to go back to w-o-r-k. Scotty, more pain and suffering is not allowed!

In a short while will be loading up my truck with picks, shovels, chainsaw etc and head out to some property I have out in the country and up at an 8,000' altitude. Almost pristine air there, so it feels good to breath deeply while working. No close houses and zillions of pine, fir and eucalyptus trees. The air smells like pine.

See yuh all much later. Ciao.
Old 08-26-2017, 12:40 PM

Another week is about to bite the dust and the world hasn't ended yet. So I guess me and the ol lady will keep looking at houses.
My baby rabbits are MIA, hope nothing ate them.
Old 08-26-2017, 08:36 PM

Gee, where did this day go. Sure wasn't because I was busy, cuz I sat and watched two tennis tournaments, some volley ball, monster jam and the hurricane news. Crazy storm how quick and furious it came up. Now go away, Harv - - and I don't think that is going to happen quickly either. Not fun. We got a lot of fringe stuff way over hear - - really a mess out at the ranch. The dirt road coming to the place (3 miles) is a mess I hear. Deer are hanging out close to the house and barn for shelter. Couple were in the barn to get out of the rain.

Hey Stan, doing a little better today - - - fever was down last night to 100.1. I am not feeling any flush tonight - - first time in over a week. So some progress. Actually went in the exercise room for a little while with some stretching, leg ups, light weights and bands, stair stepper and a short time on the tread mill - - real slow. Oh, did not nap one time today, but sure drank a lot of water and cranberry juice and a lot of - - - - well, you know - - - at least it did not hurt today. So, yes, some progress. Still not going to church tomorrow - - don't want to embarrass myself running to piddle room every 20 minutes.

Just wanted to say boo and catch up with the jabber before the new breakroom tomorrow. Sleep well. And I agree - - some prayers for those up in Texas - - horrible.