Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

The Water Cooler.....30 January 2005 - 5 February 2005

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2005, 06:50 PM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Red, check out Tractor Supply for a furnace. I got a 200,000 btu made by Chattanooga Stove Works for ~$700. 1200 cfm blower and can tie into your existing system. Takes up to 32" length wood. I'll get the model and specs for ya. Works good.
Watch those remarks, I might have to do what Hank tells Bill all the time.

Shortround out
Old 01-30-2005, 07:10 PM

Red, that was a 140,000 btu made by what is now United States Stove Company. It's good for up to 3,000 sf.
Old 01-30-2005, 07:44 PM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bruce I actually have been looking at the stoves from tractor supply. What are the minimum clearances, above and to the side? I'm also deabting the outdooor stoves. I may refinance this spring and get one with that. The model your talking about, I'd just pay cash, but may have to add to the utility room for safe clearances and wood storage. Probably cost close to the same either way, except the outdoor stove could be left unattended for longer periods and probably require less stoking? I'm off the rest of the week, are you gonna be around Sunday? Maybe I can give you call, for some more details.
Old 01-30-2005, 08:00 PM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

How long a go did you get that for $700?
Old 01-31-2005, 01:25 AM

Received 263 Likes on 235 Posts
Originally posted by PistolWhipt

Alpine ... I have been trying and trying to psych myself into thinking I can handle the alpine temps and you aren't helping !!! Minus 9.4 degrees .... that would be an 71 degree change for me. Sure hope I still have them thermal underwear packed up

Is April / May cool there ?

PISTOL
April is kind of .. doesnt'tr know what it wants weather-wise. Around freezing and snow the one day next day you contemplate swimming in the lake (except that the lake might just have a little ice on it)
May is really changing from spring to summer. Temps going up to almost 70F (sometimes warmer though)
That's it for the valleys- how high do you want to go? Can get a bit nippy up there

AlpineRAM
Old 01-31-2005, 06:08 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Happy Monday.

Slippery roads this morning.
'Sposed to warm up to the upper 30s today.

Gotta dive into that huge backlog of stuff-that-needs-attention today.
Naaaah.....there's always tomorrow.

Y'all B safe
Ed
Old 01-31-2005, 06:19 AM

Bought the stove last year. TSC was moving all their winter stuff out and I made an offer and they took it.
PM me with your # and I'll ring you at the house.

Bruce
Old 01-31-2005, 06:28 AM

Red,
Go to www.usstove.com and look at model 1600G. It's almost a spitting image. Mine has 2 - 8" outlets for the heat. There is a list of dealers in Michigan.
I think US Stove bought out Chattanooga Stove Works. Same animal, different data plate.
Old 01-31-2005, 06:43 AM

Mornin' everyone.
Rainy here today again. It's Monday and only four more days to go to Friday.
Wife is spazzing getting the house ready for my folks 1 month visit starting next weekend. It looks like someone passed the word for field day at our place "sweepers, sweepers man your brooms...". I am helping by staying out of the way and taking trash out as it appears. I also tell her "It looks great honey" just to encourage her, then I go back to the computer room.
Only time I slipped up was when I said "Why don't you do this more often?" I am still de-thawing from the look that she leveled at me.

Have a good one,
~Rob
Old 01-31-2005, 07:34 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Happy Monday morning to all. A few clouds for a while in Paradise today. Sun supposed to out this afternoon. Some more of that garbage sent down from my "buddies" up north. Even a tad of a nip in the air - - I might have to go put on a long sleeve shirt - - rats.

Have a good one.

HavinAnother Bob
Old 01-31-2005, 07:52 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Fog so thick you can't see 100 yards. YIKES! Glad I'm not flying today!
Old 01-31-2005, 08:23 AM

Morning All,
Its been raining here all night. Its a balmy 40 degrees, may need to get out the shorts. . Weather says we may get a little snow here Wed. We'll see. I need to move to someplace where it snows alot, this way I can hate snow like the rest of the world. Have a good day.
Old 01-31-2005, 08:53 AM

Re: The Water Cooler.....30 January 2005 - 5 February 2005

Originally posted by shortround
Up an' at 'em, boys (spoken in a gender neutral tone that also includes the girls in the site)
It ain't raining, so the day might be all right.
Coffee's ready. Come on and get a dose.

toomuchcoffeealreadyShortround out

I appreciate the thought Shortround but I have been referred to as one of the guys and/or boys for years. I think any female that joins this site that has any brains in her head realizes that this is a predominately male site and doesn’t expect ya’ll to go out of your way to make gender neutral remarks. You guys have made me feel very welcome here. Just be yourselves and don’t worry about stepping on any petite toes.
Have a great day guys!
Old 01-31-2005, 10:03 AM
Banned

Happy Monday....

Had some wet snow mix here yesterday, everything is ice today, gonna hit 40 tho...heat wave

truck has been running real rough, havent fixed its minor problems yet, gonna reset the APPS, get ready to put a clutch in, then possibly injectors when i find a good deal. looks like i'll be driving the furd beater (94 explorer) this weekend while my tranny is out.

Gonna be a long week, have a good one folks!

Tim
Old 01-31-2005, 08:02 PM

Making a long story short.
Had a salesman bugging the dickens out of me to buy a new truck. Told him if the money was right, I would consider it. Told him I would be interested in a DRW 3500, 6 speed, not fancy, but with some goodies. He called back, said he had one for $42,900. Don't sound too much like a plain jane there. Told him to go on and he said that with the $3,000 cash back and the $14,500 he would give me for trade in of my 01.5, I could get the truck for $41,000. I liked to have swallowed a whole jaw full of chewing tobacco.
I won't get into the explict details of the conversation afterwards but informed him that I've been around a whole bunch of cherry butter bars and never in my life had one that took the cake like him.
Where do these guys come from? Did God put them on Earth just to raise our blood pressure? I'm all for a guy making a living, but he doesn't have to make the next three months off of one sale.
I did tell him I would give him my truck and $23,500, and hung up before he had a chance to say anything. Watch the sucker call me back
Ignorance can be cured, stupid is forever.

wonderingjustwonderingShortround out

Quick Reply: The Water Cooler.....30 January 2005 - 5 February 2005