Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

water cooler 26 Jun

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2005, 04:59 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
water cooler 26 Jun

Mornin all. Tough night last night around the Sherod homestead. Got home from work to find the wife all upset about her dog missing. She had had it about 10 years, was a wonderful little min-pin. We had been having a little troublke with it having seizures once and awhile.

Found it down the road laying in the sun. Appears that he had another one, but this time was unable to get out of the direct sun. Temps yesterday were around 93. Core temp got too high and he got sunstroke.

Tried to drop his core temp with water wraps and tried to push electrolytes, but was too late.

I'm going to miss that little fella, he was one of the top dogs I have ever had. Good buddy.

See ya around,

Ed
Old 06-26-2005, 05:31 AM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Morning y'all. I decided to let you sleep until I finished my second cup of coffee. I'm finished.
(with the sound of a high speed trashcan moving through the air) Time to get up my little kiddies
Gonna be hot today. The humidity is thick enough to cut. Need to finish up my outside projects early. Then it'll be "cold, refreshing adult beverage" time.
Busy weeks ahead with contractors and project office people arriving Monday. Looks like a bunch of 12-14 hour days until we get the equipment back up to spec's. Would love to get overtime pay on this project Maybe when pigs can fly and whistle at the same time.
Getin' daylight enough to get cranked up, so I'm moving on. See y'all later.

doingmybestnottooverheatlikeIdidtheotherdayShortro und out
Old 06-26-2005, 05:32 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Tough way to start a week.
My Min Pin is 4 years old, and I've never had any dog that was so possesive.
He's happiest when he's sitting right beside me (when he's not on my lap).
From what I've heard, that's a pretty common trait for the breed.

I've got another day to spend behind a floor sander.
Wifey wants to refinish the floors in our two spare bedrooms.......
They're not gouged up so the drum sander isn't required (thank goodness) but trying to grind off the finish layer that was put down in the late 40s is quite a pain.
the boards aren't exactly even so it looks like there's gonna be a lot of hand sanding to get it right before I can lay down the Poly.

Coffee's on........who's turn is it to bring the donuts?

actuallywishingitwasMondayandIwasbackatworkEd
Old 06-26-2005, 06:51 AM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Sorry to hear about the dog, Ed. I know that hurts.

In my years of having dogs, I have never cut myself opening a can of dog food - until this morning. I laid open my left index finger real good, took 20 minutes of pressure to get it to stop bleeding. The dogs were looking at me with great concern - either that or they were mad that the food bowls were still on the counter.

Oh well, it's a good excuse to avoid changing the spark plugs in my brother's V-6 minivan today. I wasn't looking forward to the back 3.
Old 06-26-2005, 06:56 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Dave, they were just thinking "Oh Boy, Gravy"

Ed, are you using one of the square 12" x 12" sanders? Just did an old remodel house with one of those as the drum was unavailable. If you are, make sure you have plenty of adult beverages handy, you'll need a few extra. That thing was next to useless.

I'll pass the comments on to the wife about her pup. Thanks.

Ed
Old 06-26-2005, 08:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good Morning alll...

It another wet day in Idaho and it's still rainning... I'm going to start mildewing here soon! If we got hot weather now we are going to have humidity from hell...

I was going to take the 51 ****** out for a walk in the woods but the weather changed that around on me... I really don't want to clean up mud out on the inside of the jeep again...
Old 06-26-2005, 08:58 AM

Combo of a 17" sander/buffer and a 1/2 sheet hand sander for the edges and the corners.
I bought 80 & 120 grit discs, but I should have bought a few 60s too to knock down the high spots first.
At the present rate, looks like I might only get one room sanded this weekend.

I'vechewedenoghwooddusttostartmakingmyown2X4sEd
Old 06-26-2005, 09:22 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Ed,
Ya know if ya sit on that thing like it was a scooter with a set of ape-hangers and balance it just right,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, the extra weight would speed up the process,,,,,,,,,
(I'll call your wife and make sure she has the camcorder rolling)

Sorry to hear about the pup sherod,,
Old 06-26-2005, 11:09 AM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
daa um it's hot. It's so hot outside that the lizards are wearing tennis shoes.
Trying to finish up the porch roof but the wife keeps bringing me something cold to drink.
Old 06-26-2005, 11:56 PM

Mornin' again,

Ed, sorry to hear about the dog. I'm a dog person too and sure ain't lookin forward to when ol Flash kicks the bucket.

Got nothing done this weekend and I am still worn out ... not sure how that happened. Didn't even have one beer ... maybe that is the problem.

I don't smell coffee yet ... somebody is in trouble already !!

PISTOL
Old 06-27-2005, 05:41 AM

WHEW!!!!
Sure glad to be sitting at my desk this morning.
This means I'm 14 miles away from that danged floor sander and Wifey's Honey-Do list for the next 8 hours.

Coffee's ready and about 4 healthy-sized cups of it sealed safely away in the thermos.
Hot & Humid w/ Rain (possible) in the forecast this morning and T-Storms possible late.

Need at least a couple of hours of Feet-Up time to recover.
If the office door's locked and the lights are off, just go away (quietly).

Y'all B safe
Old 06-27-2005, 08:03 AM

Morning guys and gals. Been on vacation for the past week, just sittin around, doing a couple things for the better half.....mainly just goffing off. I did not want to come back to work today! Paperwork piled up to the ceiling, cant find my coffee cup, no doughnuts. Dont you just love Mondays!
Old 06-27-2005, 08:14 AM

Mornin all,
Bags packed and ready to go to Baltimore/Cockeysville MD this afternoon. How's the weather out that way Ed?
Didn't do much this weekend, wife had to take it easy after Friday's "procedure". We will know in about 2 weeks if we are having a kid (kids?) or not. Twins could be in my future. Bring 'em on, just make sure I have coffee and lots of it.

~travelinRob
Old 06-27-2005, 08:53 AM

Good morning all,

Once again in Idaho it raining yet. The yard looks like a prefect place to hold a muddin' contest... But I know Mom would have my tail in a sling for it.

I was actually bored enough yesterday to clean up the shop so I can put my diesel in there. I one of those people that start 5 million project and finishes maybe 1 or 2 of them! Opppss!!

Nothing new for me... Well everyone have a great day!
Old 06-28-2005, 12:08 AM

Uuggghhh ...

I'm payin for yesterdays run in the woods with "the boys". They have a way of making physical exersize enjoyable while working the crap out of you. Even my muscles muscles are sore . All in good fun, I guess.

Lots on the plate today ... good thing the coffee was made when I got here, cuz I'm gonna need it.

Shortround, did you ever get your load of chicken dookey ??

HERE'SLOOKINUPYOURKILTPISTOL

Quick Reply: water cooler 26 Jun