Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

The water cooler...... 03 July 05 - 09 July 05

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2005, 06:21 AM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The water cooler...... 03 July 05 - 09 July 05

Up and at 'em gang
Trashcan chunking has been suspended for the holiday. Just stand by for Tuesday morning.
All's quiet here. Just resting up from the past week and getting ready for the next one.
Rob, the power supply issue we talked about a while back? Got some info from the project office and SAFT that the thermister could be the culprit. Causing a bit of a problem called thermal runaway. Ring me next week.
Working on a mess of beef jerky. Got about 5 lbs cut up and marinading right now. Got flour and meal to grind too. Hope I can find time for a cold one or 12.
I see son and his wife walking up the driveway, guess I better get dressed. Some people just don't understand the comfort of running around in your drawer tails.

gettingthingsdonebeforeitgetstoohotShortround out
Old 07-03-2005, 08:14 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Maybe you should have broke out the cans anyway Bruce,,,,, looks like folks are really sleeping waaay too long this morning. I'm doing the work thing and looking forward to 1600,,,,,, however,,,,,,,, it may be another 16 hour day like yesterday which means waiting for midnight. Y'all have a good one and don't work too hard SR.
Old 07-03-2005, 08:26 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Mornin all, been here since 0'dark 30. Already helped the nightshift guy change his tranny filter, front brakes and rotors, tighten shock bolts, and blow up his muffler .

I'm done twistin wrenches till I get home (I hope).

I'mstartingtohatethatguyscarEd

PS SR, not to be rude or anything, but I wish you'd put some pants on tooo.

Old 07-04-2005, 05:46 AM

Mornin folks, Gonna be a nice day in the Northeast.
My apologies for being absent for so long.
Got a few big jobs going on, this is the busy season after all.
Wifey is at work until 2pm today. So here I sit unsupervised.
No good can come of this.

Just bought myself a new toy.
A 2000 Harley-Davidson Electra Glide Classic.
So, even though I am only 35, I have my very own Geezer-Glide!!!
Go ahead and laugh if you want, but it's really comfy.
And wifey loves it.
This put me back in her good graces, gives us some together time without the phone ringing.
I'll post a pic today.
Be safe out there today.
Rich
Old 07-04-2005, 06:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Happy Fourth of July everybody !!!!

This is my favorite holiday of the year ... aaahhhh the sweet smell of Independence !!!! Barbeques, kids playing, cooler full of frosty adult beverages . Hope you all enjoy your day

Good news about finding one of the missing SEAL's. News says they are still hoping for a couple more. Keep them boys in your thoughts today ... they are gonna need it.

PISTOL
Old 07-04-2005, 09:36 AM
Administrator

Mornin folks,
Another day at the work place,,,,,,, should get off at 1600 and still have plenty of time to enjoy the day. Gonna take the grankids to see the fireworks tonight.
I just approved your pics Richard,,,,,,, Nice Looking scooter! Anyone who has done a good share of riding knows that sitting behind a windshield and fairing on a big old comfy seat sure beats getting smacked by june bugs and the like.
Old 07-04-2005, 01:02 PM

I'm going to be firing up the smoker today, supposed to be nice and cool here, 83 or so. I've got some explosives to entertain myself with, and a fridge full of cold ones. Yard needs mowed, but I think I may overlook that.
Old 07-04-2005, 04:02 PM

Back from a great time in Prague, as ya'll rise and shine, our 4th is over, the fireworks are done, could see some from the front yard. Missed the comet shot.
Have a gud time, BBQ and tall cooooool one for me.

Davey
Old 07-05-2005, 05:22 AM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas
Trash cans are out and primed for action.
Get up, get moving, and get to work. You too Ed.
Rain went all around us yesterday and last night. Still hot enough for the lizards to keep wearing tennis shoes and now they're carrying umbrellas.
Weekend was a chill out and relax.

backtomovingaroundbiggreenboxesfilledwithbiggreenh eavystuffShortround out
Old 07-05-2005, 08:15 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Well Ineteresting weekend here guys...
Sat- Drove to Nev Mo and then KCK and several side trips, apears the fan clutch is breathing its last gasps and needs replaced on the truck.
Sun- Thunderstorms roll through, I am out in the barn feeding when they hit( they come on really fast in these parts). Got trapped in the barn, while we got pelted with golf ball size hail, 4 inches of rain in about 20 minutes and the neighbors wind gauge pegged out at 100 mph winds. We lost two young trees and had one older tree snapped off, it was only about 24 inches round. Lost a boat load of shingle off the house and had a 150 gallon water tank ( full ) picked up, dumped, and moved a hundred yards or so. Luckily the truck was in the garage since I was looking at the fan clutch so it didnt get hurt( got to keep prioritys straight here).
Mon- Picking up debris and fixing fence that the trees took down. Finally got done in time to go have a few cold ones and watch the kiddies blow things up.
Tues- Got a week off work, and dont plan on doin anymore than I gotta to keep the BOSS happy, think I'm goin fishin.....
Hope everyone had a safe and fun Fourth.
gottacallroofingcompaniestospendmoneyIaintgot..... .Chris
Old 07-05-2005, 08:34 AM

Time to break out with the chain saw and start looking for firewood here...

This will be the first trip of the season for me... It seems everytime I get started out for firewood for the season I forget a tool or fuel, bar oil, etc... Something to just make you turn around and go home. I'm hoping to break this cycle of bad luck or forgetfulness this year...

I'm also going to pack my camera alot to get pics of the beast doing it's job... That was the other thing I kept forgetting...
Old 07-05-2005, 10:59 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Originally posted by Mopar1973man
Time to break out with the chain saw and start looking for firewood here...

This will be the first trip of the season for me... It seems everytime I get started out for firewood for the season I forget a tool or fuel, bar oil, etc... Something to just make you turn around and go home. I'm hoping to break this cycle of bad luck or forgetfulness this year...

I'm also going to pack my camera alot to get pics of the beast doing it's job... That was the other thing I kept forgetting...
Make sure you get the saw in there too...

Well, had a nice long break. Had the cement truck in Friday. Friend from work came up that had all the tools. Got 5 yards laid in less than an hour. Folks came up Saturday. Inbetween table saws right now, so I'm gonna take some wood to Doug's (the friend mentioned above) and use my dado on his saw to finish building the side windows, for the addition this week. Gonna mill some logs for the head and posts where I'll take out the kitchen wall. Probably just take a few hours, then we plan on dragging the lake for some walleye in his little sailboat. Ok, back to the coffee.....
Old 07-05-2005, 04:41 PM

I return form the mountains with 2 cords of beautiful spruce. It was a good size tree with about 26-28 Inch base. I even got a few pictures while I was up there...

Yes... I held to the story from before... I forgot to bring the splitting maul and a few wedges... After I got the bar stuck I relized what was missing... But I figured my way out of that mess... Tie a Cummins to a log and I'm sure it will break free...
Old 07-06-2005, 07:06 AM

Mornin' all.
Back to work today after 5 days furlough
Went out on the lake Sunday with some friends who rented a pontoon boat and did some swimmin' and tubin'. Wife and I forgot to put sunscreen and got burnt to a crisp. Still paying for that stupid mistake. First time I ever piloted a pontoon boat. Very stable but has the aerodynamics of a brick. Wouldn't mind one of my own though. Was a lot of fun.
Take care, gotta get at it.

~burninup Rob
Old 07-06-2005, 06:07 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Afternoon from Alaska land,
Still sitting in Anchorage waiting for parts to repair the fiver. Oh well, weather is gorgeous but soo busy trying to expedite repairs there is no time for fishing. Look out fishies - - when I am done I am coming for you. Maybe Curt and I will hook up yet - - company finally all gone and we can go and do what we want - - well, as soon as we are running again.

Miss keeping up with all you knuckleheads - - internet access is somewhat limited. Having fun and seeing some gorgeous country. Take care.

HungUpInAlaskaBob

Quick Reply: The water cooler...... 03 July 05 - 09 July 05